Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin working on wrong interface ?

Hi,

After installing docker on my machine running HomeSeer, the plugin is unable to communicate with my Sonos devices.

When restarting the plugin, i noticed it is looking for devices on the 'Docker' network:
    Warning in InitIO for Instance = received (10.0.75.1), which is a different IP adress from it's server binding ()
    Note: HomeSeer and none of the plugins are running via Docker.

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
    Hi,

After installing docker on my machine running HomeSeer, the plugin is unable to communicate with my Sonos devices.

When restarting the plugin, i noticed it is looking for devices on the 'Docker' network:

Is your network interface set in bridge mode or NAT mode? If the latter, it won't work as UPNP is designed to only work in a single subnet because it relies on broadcast & multicast. If not sure, what are the IP addresses of the Sonos player or the IP address of your ethernet interface (not the VM or Bridge).
    In your note, did you mean to say that Homeseer is NOT running at all in Docker or Homeseer and other PIs ARE running using Docker?

Comment

Hi,

Reading this again, you have Docker on that machine but HS is not runing in a VM, that's it?
      What version of HS are you on. If there is a Virtual network interface on that machine, HS fixed that in version > 479

Comment

Hi Dirk,

Nothing HS related is running in docker. I currently use docker only for Grafana and AI activities.

My HS IP: 192.168.0.117
        Player IPs: 192.168.0.115 and 192.168.0.106

Comment

Fixed it by binding homeseer to a specific interface. See this thread

Comment

Fixed it by binding homeseer to a specific interface. See this thread
            Did you see my post about which HS version you are on? I suspect this is an issue that was solved in version 479

Comment

Sorry, missed your question about my version.
              Running on HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.500 (Windows)

Comment

Sorry, missed your question about my version.
                Running on HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.500 (Windows)
                Strange, then it should have worked unless HS had picked the wrong interface (received (10.0.75.1)) but in that case this info wouldn't have been correct
                My HS IP: 192.168.0.117
                Player IPs: 192.168.0.115 and 192.168.0.106

Happy it works.
                Dirk

Comment

Working...
                X