X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music Data base

Hi folks

I can't see any music via Homeseer.

I just installed a couple Sonos One speakers, the sonos' app on my tablet and the Sonos plugin for Homeseer. The plugin installed about 39 Devices on my home page
    Under the Plugin Tab: Sonos, I have three items: Configure, white speaker, black speaker. Under configure, Music Database settings, I selected
    Auto Update flag
    Immediate Update flag

Under the Home: Device List: Master: Control, I clicked on BuildDB. Nothing happens.

In the Plugin Tab: Sonos, white speaker (or black speaker) I can see items in the que, ONLY after I select something on the tablet. I guess I am expecting to see some choices under ADD To PLAYLIST (which is grey out). Nothing happens when I select Album, Artist, etc.

Any suggestions
    Rob

Originally posted by Westec View Post
    Hi folks

I can't see any music via Homeseer.

I just installed a couple Sonos One speakers, the sonos' app on my tablet and the Sonos plugin for Homeseer. The plugin installed about 39 Devices on my home page
    Under the Plugin Tab: Sonos, I have three items: Configure, white speaker, black speaker. Under configure, Music Database settings, I selected
    Auto Update flag
    Immediate Update flag

Under the Home: Device List: Master: Control, I clicked on BuildDB. Nothing happens.

In the Plugin Tab: Sonos, white speaker (or black speaker) I can see items in the que, ONLY after I select something on the tablet. I guess I am expecting to see some choices under ADD To PLAYLIST (which is grey out). Nothing happens when I select Album, Artist, etc.

Any suggestions
    Rob
    Hi Rob welcome to the Sonos PI.

Yes, it is normal that the Sonos PI creates about 19 devices for each player, this is on users request so they can use these to build events and HS Touch screens. You can always hide them if your don't like em, just DON'T DELETE them, unless you are removing the PI.
    Not sure what you expected when you click on "BuildDB" unless you have debug logging on, all happens below the hood. I would recommend against using the "immediate update" setting, I would set it to a daily build say at 2am.
    Can you check your log for errors? I suspect there is an issue building the DB OR you have no music content stored on your Sonos. Did you add favorites or made Sonos to find music content on your local network? Content from premium services like Napster cannot be browsed or selected UNLESS you saved them as favorites ...

Dirk

Comment

Thanks Dirk, I appreciate your help. My Sonos' system only had local music on it. I had to ADD LIBRARY. Naturally the source had to have file sharing enables, however Sonos said nothing about enabling SMB. I found this site. After connecting to the remote music source, sonos display a status message for less than a second! I had to capture the screen to read it. Then I selected update library.

On homeseer device list I selected the master controller and select update DB.

It's working now......Onto the touch interface now.
      Rob

I was continually having the 1002 problem which was was fixed when I went into my firewall and tagged Sonos on BOTH my 2.4g and 5g wireless wifi as a "T...

Comment

Working...
      X