X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Sonos devices not working in controller

Hi,

I have about 10 Sonos devices.

I had trouble getting the PI to work on my Windows HS3 computer until I worked out a suitable setting for Defender. Most of my Sonos are connected with ethernet, and a couple are wifi.

After making rules for Defender, I had control over my Sonos devices, and their status updated in the PI.

After HS3 restart and a computer reboot for unrelated matters, I now have 4-5 of my Sonos devices that don't respond to the PI controls, and their status doesn't update in the PI. They are still listed in the player table. The othe rSonos devices can be controlled in the PI, and update status.

How do I go about getting the non-responsive devices working from within the PI again?

Thanks,

Dave

Most of my Sonos are connected with ethernet, and a couple are wifi.
    When you have both wired and wireless, you need to have STP, spanning tree, enabled on your switches and configured correctly, have you done this?

Replace the Xxx with an IP address of one of your Sonos devices and pick the last option in the list, Matrix.

xx.xx.xx.xx:1400/support/review

HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
    Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
    Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by Crumpy View Post
      Hi,

I have about 10 Sonos devices.

I had trouble getting the PI to work on my Windows HS3 computer until I worked out a suitable setting for Defender. Most of my Sonos are connected with ethernet, and a couple are wifi.

After making rules for Defender, I had control over my Sonos devices, and their status updated in the PI.

After HS3 restart and a computer reboot for unrelated matters, I now have 4-5 of my Sonos devices that don't respond to the PI controls, and their status doesn't update in the PI. They are still listed in the player table. The othe rSonos devices can be controlled in the PI, and update status.

How do I go about getting the non-responsive devices working from within the PI again?

Thanks,

Dave

Does the player table show all the devices to be on-line? If you turn the PI's debug flag on, restart HS, do you see errors in the log?

Comment

Thanks, but it seems rebooting router and switches fixed.

Dave

Comment

I've also found that I got most reliable results by using SonosNet for the wireless speakers rather than wifi...

Comment

Working...
          X