Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remotely reboot a SONOS device

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Actually, just made another little improvement. When you ever move to version 48, the player table, in the column on-line will now show in green or red if there is an issue of state between the PI and UPNP subsystem, with RED being bad

    Comment


    • #62
      Hmmm.... I just checked the .net version. If I read it correctly (Release 528040) I'm at the newest release 4.8 right now. Assuming I have that right, I guess that's ruled out. I'm a believer in covering all the bases, so I'll try some restarts later tonight and see what we find. After that if there isn't anything that might indicate a resolution, I'd certainly be up for upgrading the PI if you think that's a good next step at that point...

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by paul View Post
        Hmmm.... I just checked the .net version. If I read it correctly (Release 528040) I'm at the newest release 4.8 right now. Assuming I have that right, I guess that's ruled out. I'm a believer in covering all the bases, so I'll try some restarts later tonight and see what we find. After that if there isn't anything that might indicate a resolution, I'd certainly be up for upgrading the PI if you think that's a good next step at that point...
        Paul, suggest you step up to the latest version. Finally realized what I see in your log, is something I fixed a while back (late Feb this year). I was looking at my latest code and couldn't quite figure out why the UPNP subsystem wasn't reporting all devices until it finally dawned on me what was wrong and when I looked at the old code, bam there it was; getting old sucks.

        Not quite sure why the periodic rediscovery didn't take care of things, going to look at that now, maybe I fixed that as well This rediscovery, to trace that, you do not need the UPNP logging to verbose but it requires superdebug to be turned on. It should kick in every 5 minutes and the key word is "DoRediscover"

        Dirk

        Comment


        • #64
          paul No need to do further testing, I think I solved my own puzzle. The issue with not always discovering all the devices at startup has been there for many years. Somewhere in v27 I saw an issue with a periodic rediscovery function and I made a change. Unfortunately, the change prevented any rediscovery and I didn't notice it. I suspect at some point, I did notice that some players on my own system were missing and that's when I found the issue with the discovery at start-up, not realizing that the rediscovery change exposed this.
          Anyhow, there is a version .49 I posted in the beta section of the updater but I also submitted it to the HS team to be posted in the media section. So if you don't find it under the beta section, look for it in the media section.
          Let me know how things go but a big thanks for all the logs and sticking it out so we could undo all my mistakes.

          Comment


          • #65
            Sounds good. Thank you so much for digging through all my logs to get to the bottom of it. I’ll get the PI upgraded today and let you know the results!

            Comment


            • #66
              Ok! Installed .49. Prior to doing so I tested another speaker that I had co firmed yesterday had stopped working. Still not working prior to update. Updated plugin, and without doing anything else that speaker started working correctly. Hopefully this will solve it! Thank you again for taking all the time you did to track this down!

              regards,

              Paul

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by paul View Post
                Ok! Installed .49. Prior to doing so I tested another speaker that I had co firmed yesterday had stopped working. Still not working prior to update. Updated plugin, and without doing anything else that speaker started working correctly. Hopefully this will solve it! Thank you again for taking all the time you did to track this down!

                regards,

                Paul
                PFFFF, for a second I was afraid to read that after the upgrade it still didn't work

                You may spot a few changes here and there, the debug settings is now a level and in the player table you should see the on-line state in green or red.
                I decided to release this version as the new official version so hopefully we kick it hard enough to make it more robust.

                Enjoy your automation!

                Comment


                • #68
                  Just an update - since we did all this in November, it's been rock solid. Many thanks again!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X