Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get Sonos TTS announcements working

Hi All,

I had HS doing nice TTS announcements on my Sonos system, but have been doing some work on my Sonos system (adding devices, putting in a new unmanaged switch, changing the few non-ethernet devices from wifi to SonosNet). Plus also various other changes, so I am not sure if that was the cause of the problem.

Now I can't get HS announcements over Sonos anymore.

Running HS3 under Windows 10. HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.500 (Windows).

I have a Sonos plugin Linkgroup called 'TTS' pointing to my devices running from Connect:amp devices, I have the speaker client set as '$SONOS$TTS$:*'.

I have tried different firewall settings, including turning it off, and that doesn't help.

I have restarted HS, the HS PC, the router and the various switches

In the log I am getting the following countdown over 100 seconds - below showing the last couple of entries, and then the error.

Apr-27 18:12:50 Sonos Error Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 100 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.
    Apr-27 18:12:50 Sonos DoCheckAnnouncementQueue called AnnouncementinQueue = True and AnnouncementInProgress = True and AnnouncementCountdown = 0 AnnouncementReEntry = False
    Apr-27 18:12:50 Sonos CheckAnnouncementHasStarted called for Zoneplayer = TV - Living Room and CurrentplayerState = Playing
    Apr-27 18:12:50 Sonos DoCheckAnnouncementQueue called AnnouncementinQueue = True and AnnouncementInProgress = True and AnnouncementCountdown = 1 AnnouncementReEntry = False
    Apr-27 18:12:49 Sonos CheckAnnouncementHasStarted called for Zoneplayer = TV - Living Room and CurrentplayerState = Playing

I would appreciate suggestions as to what the error log migh tmean in terms of clues as to what I need to look at.

Thanks,

Dave

Seems to be going again.

I deleted the entries for the plug in in the firewall, as there were multiples ones for some reason, and reinstated one.

Not sure if that is what fixed it, but at least it is going again.....

Dave

Comment

Working...
    X