Suddenly stopped updating the playlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suddenly stopped updating the playlist

So, I have a couple of events that have been working great for a long time now, setting up a guided meditation for my kids, and then when some white noise comes on it resets the playlist to only play the white noise, on repeat. HOWEVER, in the last week it suddenly stopped working. Hadn't done any updates to sonos nor homeseer. No obvious errors in the HS log. Since encountering the problem I have tried getting Sonos to latest firmware and ensured the plugin is current, but no change. I have narrowed the symptoms to tell that the plugin IS still talking to HS - when HS detects the white noise track (successfully) it turns repeat on and sets the volume. But it is failing to change the playlist and press play. Any suggestions on how to figure out what's going on?

regards,

Paul

Originally posted by paul View Post
    So, I have a couple of events that have been working great for a long time now, setting up a guided meditation for my kids, and then when some white noise comes on it resets the playlist to only play the white noise, on repeat. HOWEVER, in the last week it suddenly stopped working. Hadn't done any updates to sonos nor homeseer. No obvious errors in the HS log. Since encountering the problem I have tried getting Sonos to latest firmware and ensured the plugin is current, but no change. I have narrowed the symptoms to tell that the plugin IS still talking to HS - when HS detects the white noise track (successfully) it turns repeat on and sets the volume. But it is failing to change the playlist and press play. Any suggestions on how to figure out what's going on?

regards,

Paul
    Hi Paul, can you post all relevant screenshots of actions, events, linkgroup etc ....

Comment

I'll try to do some more tests tomorrow and then post the results. I don't actually think the issue is with the events themselves, I think for some reason HS is failing to change the playlist (whether the issue is on the HS side or the Sonos side). I'll see if I can prove it out in as simple a fashion as possible so that there isn't a bunch of extra unnecessary info posted. Then I'll post what I find......

Comment

Working...
      X