Talk to me, Sonos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schly View Post
    I can't start the (amazon.com) music from the Player in the PI. That may be normal. I haven't tried to set up any music services via the PI if that's possible.
    That is unfortunately a correct statement, you cannot use the PI to browse premium content and the alexa integration seems to have made it worse, where music verbally started with Alexa cannot be restored after the announcement. You can however play radio stations or most premium content and the PI will "learn" what you do.Those learned stations will appear on the player control page under radiostations. If you have favorites or saved queues on your Sonos, they can be selected as well BUT you need to get that info into the PI's DB. The way you do that is to either manually make a musicDB or have the PI do it daily. Read help file how ......

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

That is unfortunately a correct statement, you cannot use the PI to browse premium content and the alexa integration seems to have made it worse, where music verbally started with Alexa cannot be restored after the announcement. You can however play radio stations or most premium content and the PI will "learn" what you do.Those learned stations will appear on the player control page under radiostations. If you have favorites or saved queues on your Sonos, they can be selected as well BUT you need to get that info into the PI's DB. The way you do that is to either manually make a musicDB or have the PI do it daily. Read help file how ......
      I'm fine with that. I don't anticipate using it to control the music at that level, I typically prefer voice commands for music anyway.

I'd just like to get the volume on spoken resposes fixed. It seems like it is actually going up if I turn the volume up, but the volume is set so much lower than music that I can barely hear it even if Sonos is at 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Schly View Post

I'm fine with that. I don't anticipate using it to control the music at that level, I typically prefer voice commands for music anyway.

I'd just like to get the volume on spoken resposes fixed. It seems like it is actually going up if I turn the volume up, but the volume is set so much lower than music that I can barely hear it even if Sonos is at 100%.
        I noticed that in your last screen shot that for announcements you have the volume set to 5, change that to a number between 20-30. We have our set to 30 which seems to be a little loud so I might decrease it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X