Talk to me, Sonos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk to me, Sonos!

This doesn't seem that difficult, but I can't seem to get it to work. I have a single Sonos speaker, purchased to speak to me via Homeseer.

I added the plugin, named my LInk Group "TTS", added that to an event and... nothing.

Windows 10 Pro, HS3 Pro.

I do have an error in my log:
    Jul-26 11:03:22 PM Sonos Error ERROR in SetIOEx: Zoneplayer not found for received event. Event = 1001 DeviceRef = 66

And I just got this new error:
    Jul-26 11:13:10 PM Sonos Error Error in AddAnnouncementToQueue for LinkGroupName = TTS. SourceZone was not found

Click image for larger version

Name:	Event settings.PNG
Views:	740
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	1318008Click image for larger version

Name:	Event settings.PNG
Views:	684
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	1318009

Any ideas?
    Attached Files

The first error seems to indicate an issue between the HS database and the PI's config file. Did you at some point delete the Sonos PI devices from the HS devices page, perhaps copied the install from one machine or directory to another?
    What does the player table look like (just below the linkgroup config table)? Does it show the player(s) on-line and no duplicates?
    If you deleted manually players from the HS devices table, perhaps the easiest way to get the inconsistencies to go away is to click on the "Delete All Players" button at the bottom of the PI's config page. It will trigger a restart of the PI but once all players are rediscovered, the inconsistencies should be gone. Before you nuke the config, check that the living room player is found and shown on-line in the PI! If it is not on-line in the PI, well, then it won't work and we need to focus on that first!
    Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
      The first error seems to indicate an issue between the HS database and the PI's config file. Did you at some point delete the Sonos PI devices from the HS devices page, perhaps copied the install from one machine or directory to another?
      What does the player table look like (just below the linkgroup config table)? Does it show the player(s) on-line and no duplicates?
      If you deleted manually players from the HS devices table, perhaps the easiest way to get the inconsistencies to go away is to click on the "Delete All Players" button at the bottom of the PI's config page. It will trigger a restart of the PI but once all players are rediscovered, the inconsistencies should be gone. Before you nuke the config, check that the living room player is found and shown on-line in the PI! If it is not on-line in the PI, well, then it won't work and we need to focus on that first!
      Dirk
      This is a win 10 pro machine, not a PI. I haven’t done anything to it relating to the Sonos install. I had a working system, bought a Sonos, set it up and confirmed it was working as a speaker, added your plugin.

the music part works fine. I see album art, I see what’s playing, I can pause, skip, adjust volume, etc.

The player screen seems to be working fine.

Comment

PI = PlugIN

Comment

Can you post your Sonos.ini file

Comment

PI = PlugIN
            LOL, thank you. That makes sense.

Comment

Yes, but I won’t be able to until later today.

Comment

[Options]
                Debug=False
                SuperDebug=False
                NoRediscovery=True
                MaxNbrofUPNPObjects=400
                Auto Update=False
                Auto Update Time=02:10
                VolumeStep=5
                Learn RadioStations=True
                AutoBuildDockedDB=False
                NbrOfPingRetries=3
                ShowFailedPings=False
                ArtworkHSize=150
                ArtworkVsize=150
                Plugin Name=Sonos
                AnnouncementTitle=HomeSeer Announcement
                AnnouncementAuthor=Dirk Corsus
                AnnouncementAlbum=SonosController
                MaxAnnouncementTime=100
                AnnouncementWaitforPlayTime=0
                AnnouncementWaitBetweenPlayers=0
                PostAnnouncementAction=1
                HSSTrackLengthSetting=1
                HSSTrackPositionSetting=1
                UPnPSubscribeTimeOut=1800
                MediaAPIEnabled=False
                LinkGroupSliderOpen=True
                PreviousVersion=1
                RefreshDevices=False
                PlayerListSliderOpen=True
                DB Zone=RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400
                [DBItems]
                Genres=True
                Tracks=True
                Artists=True
                Albums=True
                PlayLists=True
                RadioStations=True
                AudioBooks=True
                Podcasts=True[ListIndexes]
                Include Learned Radiostations=True
                [Settings]
                MasterHSDeviceRef=65
                [LinkgroupNames]
                Names=TTS
                [UPnP UDN to HSRef]
                RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400=66
                [UPnP HSRef to UDN]
                66=RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400
                67=RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400
                68=RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400
                69=RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400
                70=RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400
                71=RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400
                72=RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400
                73=RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400
                74=RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400
                75=RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400
                76=RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400
                77=RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400
                78=RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400
                79=RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400
                80=RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400
                81=RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400
                82=RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400
                83=RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400
                84=RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400
                [UPnP Devices UDN to Info]
                RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400=Living Room
                [RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400]
                diFriendlyName=Living Room
                diAdminState=True
                diDeviceIsAdded=True
                diPlayerHSRef=66
                diSonosPlayerType=S18
                diIPAddress=192.168.1.101
                diRoomIcon=living
                diTrackHSRef=67
                diNextTrackHSRef=68
                diArtistHSRef=69
                diNextArtistHSRef=70
                diAlbumHSRef=71
                diNextAlbumHSRef=72
                diArtHSRef=73
                diNextArtHSRef=74
                diPlayStateHSRef=75
                diVolumeHSRef=76
                diMuteHSRef=77
                diLoudnessHSRef=78
                diBalanceHSRef=79
                diTrackLengthHSRef=80
                diTrackPosHSRef=81
                diRadiostationNameHSRef=82
                diRepeatHSRef=83
                diShuffleHSRef=84
                diDeviceIConURL=/images/Sonos/Artwork/PlayerIcon_S18.png
                diDeviceAPIIndex=1
                diArtFileIndex=82
                [SettingsReplicationState]
                SonosSettingsHaveChanged=True
                [Saved SettingsReplicationState]
                UPnPMaster=RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400,1,RINCON_FFFFFFFFFFFF999 99,0,RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400,0,RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400,0,R INCON_7828CAFAA9B801400,112,RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400,3,RINCO N_7828CAFAA9B801400,4,RINCON_FFFFFFFFFFFF99999,0,RINCON_7828 CAFAA9B801400,8,RINCON_FFFFFFFFFFFF99999,0,RINCON_7828CAFAA9 B801400,100,RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400,107,RINCON_7828CAFAA9B8 01400,3,RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400,2,RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400, 0
                [Sonos Zonenames]
                Names=Living Room;:;S18
                UDNs=RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400
                [SpeakerProxy]
                Active=True
                [SonosMusicPage]
                RINCON_7828CAFAA9B8014000_QueueChange=True
                [LinkgroupZoneSource]
                TTS=;0
                [LinkgroupZoneDestination]
                TTS=RINCON_7828CAFAA9B801400;5;0;1

Comment

The zonesource is indeed missing from the linkgroup, not sure how that can happen, just try to pull down the player-list for zoneplayer (in your entry in the linkgroup table) and click on living room. In the ini file, this entry should be populated properly.

[LinkgroupZoneSource]
                  TTS=;0

Did you perhaps delete an entry in the linkgroup table and recreated it or maybe created an entry when no players were available? I tried it all this morning, suspecting this error but couldn't find a corner case how to get into a this particular situation.

You had 2 errors in your log, the first error has nothing to do with all of this, but had me think that the ini file might be off from HS database but is all looks good. So my final suspicion is that perhaps the living room player was not on-line when the error occurred and when the linkgroup was created.

Either way, try to (re) select the source player, if that doesn't work, delete the entry and add a new one. You can check the sonos.in ifile or just test it.

Dirk

Comment

The zonesource is indeed missing from the linkgroup, not sure how that can happen, just try to pull down the player-list for zoneplayer (in your entry in the linkgroup table) and click on living room. In the ini file, this entry should be populated properly.

[LinkgroupZoneSource]
                    TTS=;0

Did you perhaps delete an entry in the linkgroup table and recreated it or maybe created an entry when no players were available? I tried it all this morning, suspecting this error but couldn't find a corner case how to get into a this particular situation.

You had 2 errors in your log, the first error has nothing to do with all of this, but had me think that the ini file might be off from HS database but is all looks good. So my final suspicion is that perhaps the living room player was not on-line when the error occurred and when the linkgroup was created.

Either way, try to (re) select the source player, if that doesn't work, delete the entry and add a new one. You can check the sonos.in ifile or just test it.

Dirk
                    When I set it up it was pretty straightforward. I didn't delete or change anything. I just deleted the list item TTS, Living Room, and recreated it and that seems to have done the trick.

EDIT: THANK YOU for you help!

Next question: The volume is too low for me to hear. I have it set to five. Then 8, then 50, then 80. What is the range and why isn't it affecting the announcement volume on the Sonos Speakers. I'm setting this on the TTS, Living Room Device in the LinkGroup Configuration Table.

Comment

it should influence the volume, range is 0 to 100. You say sonos Speakers, plural. I only saw one in your screenshot. Do you have more, if so are they paired or some non-standard configuration? Drill is always same, if something doesn't work, turn the PI's debug flag on, do what you do, capture log, post. If you don't know how to do that, search this forum or consult help file (click tools->help->sonos).
                      Dirk

Comment

it should influence the volume, range is 0 to 100. You say sonos Speakers, plural. I only saw one in your screenshot. Do you have more, if so are they paired or some non-standard configuration? Drill is always same, if something doesn't work, turn the PI's debug flag on, do what you do, capture log, post. If you don't know how to do that, search this forum or consult help file (click tools->help->sonos).
                        Dirk
                        I’ll try that. No, I only have the single speaker. I’ll try to debug.

Comment

By the way, can you control the volume from the PI's volume devices?

Comment

By the way, can you control the volume from the PI's volume devices?
                            Yes. If I go to my list of devices, I can manage the music and volume from there. If I go to the Player, I can also manage the music and volume from there. BUT, this only works if I ask Sonos (Alexa) to play music verbally. I can't start the (amazon.com) music from the Player in the PI. That may be normal. I haven't tried to set up any music services via the PI if that's possible.

All volume controls work in the PI for music. The announcement volume doesn't seem to change at all.

EDIT: If I turn Sonos volume to 100 the announcement is definitely louder, but it's still far quieter than what is useful. It sounds like the volume is set to about 30.

Comment

If you use the PI's provided controls to change the volume, while you are playing something, is it in line with what the Sonos App does or do you experience the same 30% of what you believe it should be? IF the controls work the same as the Sonos APP, the problem is with the announcement. In which case, do you use a specific voice? You can find the voice file in the <hs root>\html\Sonos\Announcements subdirectory and use any player app to play its content and check for volume. The PI really doesn't know any difference in controlling volume whether for announcement (which is just play a track) or .... play a regular track. I do note you have an S18 player, which are brand new and seem to behave a bit different, I wonder whether there are more changes that I'm not aware off, but playing with the volume controls you should spot inconsistent behavior. If none to be found, the issue most likely is in the announcement. Also test with playing a much longer announcement, just in case there is a lag in setting the volume. Remember, trace logs tell the truth so capture them and post!

Comment

Working...
                              X