No announcement yet.

OFF TOPIC: HELP! Need advice on Sonos/Ubiquiti setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My system has been fairly stable since last year, but i just ran across this post where you could apparently turn RSTP back on. Anybody try this, or just leave well enough alone

https://feel-good.tech/2019/11/16/so...oJJtRohIDOHF44

Comment

My knee jerk reaction is if you're happy with your network, leave well enough alone. That being said, I think it's completely reasonable to try turning RSTP back on - just make sure you're systematic about it. Make a note of exactly what settings you change and what you changed them from. if you run into problems, just ensure you change them all back to exactly what you had before, that was working.....

Paul

Comment

Crazy. i'm troubleshooping a used Connect i just added (via ebay) and noticed that all of my switches are set back to RSTP. i never did that. would a firmware update do that?

Comment

I recently did an update on my switches and the STP setting did not revert to RSTP.
          Michael

Comment

Thanks... so weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
              Thanks... so weird.
              That link you posted is much to do with networking especially the Jumbo frame setting. You may want to look again at this : https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2627?language=en_US For Flow control and multicast settings may be yes. Read about them. If you are using UniFi AP(s) the Global setting : Allow meshing to another access point , When enabled, UniFi APs can automatically mesh roam to maintain the quality of your network. And also set the radio channels to Auto (i.e if you have more than one AP)

The settings should be the same for each Access Point.

Eman.
              TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post

That link you posted is much to do with networking especially the Jumbo frame setting. You may want to look again at this : https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2627?language=en_US For Flow control and multicast settings may be yes. Read about them. If you are using UniFi AP(s) the Global setting : Allow meshing to another access point , When enabled, UniFi APs can automatically mesh roam to maintain the quality of your network. And also set the radio channels to Auto (i.e if you have more than one AP)

The settings should be the same for each Access Point.

Eman.
                I'm not using wifi for my sonos... i'm using Sonosnet for the wireless sonos devices, with the others hardwired... including this latest.

Don't need AP meshing - they are both hardwired to switch.

i'm mostly curious what set my switches back to RSTP.

Comment

Some switches (smart) protect against loops. Also wire tests with the switch. But switching on those services (the link you posted) when you may not even be using vlans is a bad idea.

Eman.
                  TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
                  X