Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create event to set random playlist/radio station etc

Hello,
    I’m wondering if anyone had created an event to play random playlists or radio stations? We have been using this plugin to play the same radio station every morning when we wake up for work but we have gotten to the point where it would be nice to have it play a random station from a select list of either radio stations or playlist.
    Has anyone accomplished this with events? Is this something that Dirk might be able to add as a feature in the plugin??? dcorsus

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HS3 3.0.0.500 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.71 with 782 Devices, 479 Events
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee,
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, Z-Wave 3.0.1.252

You could probably in 10 minutes create 7 events with different radiostations to be played on different days faster then I can open up my development environment

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
      You could probably in 10 minutes create 7 events with different radiostations to be played on different days faster then I can open up my development environment
      I don’t know Dirk....you are pretty quick! :-) I was hoping for a more random experience than a throwback Thursday and Classic Rock Friday.

Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

I don’t know Dirk....you are pretty quick! :-) I was hoping for a more random experience than a throwback Thursday and Classic Rock Friday.

I think you can do this with plain vanilla events (I would think). Maybe something like a virtual device that holds a number that gets updated daily with a random number. Than it would be an event that runs in the morning and based on the value of the virtual device, picks a radiostation from your selection.

If you are familiar with scripting, I think this is pretty straight forward. There are postings on this forum to show how you call the rights instance of the PI based on the RINCONxxxxx unique player and the method to call is "PlayRadioStation" with the (EXACT) radiostation name that the PI gave to your radiostation. You can see those from the selection or if you have an SQL browser, you can find them in the PI's DBs. Wouldn't be surprised is some other folks will pipe in here who have been doing similar scripting.

Comment

Here's the post https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...735#post766735

Ignore this, this is HS2, I'll look for HS3 examples .....

Comment

Here are better examples
            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...pluginfunction
            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...g-forum/page42

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

I think you can do this with plain vanilla events (I would think). Maybe something like a virtual device that holds a number that gets updated daily with a random number. Than it would be an event that runs in the morning and based on the value of the virtual device, picks a radiostation from your selection.

If you are familiar with scripting, I think this is pretty straight forward. There are postings on this forum to show how you call the rights instance of the PI based on the RINCONxxxxx unique player and the method to call is "PlayRadioStation" with the (EXACT) radiostation name that the PI gave to your radiostation. You can see those from the selection or if you have an SQL browser, you can find them in the PI's DBs. Wouldn't be surprised is some other folks will pipe in here who have been doing similar scripting.
              Yeah, I was thinking about ways to use plain vanilla events too. I think there is a random plugin that might work for this issue as well so I thought I would see if anyone has used it in this way. I’m not good with scripting....sorry....guess I’m one of those guys....

I completely understand...Plugins don’t pay any bills....thanks for your suggestions.

Plugin's:

Comment

Working...
              X