Adding Sonos Speakers to Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Sonos Speakers to Events

I'm very new to HomeSeer, so I apologize in advance if this is to basic - if there is somewhere that has a knowledge base I should be reading prior to trying these forums please let me know.

I'm wanting to have the Sono's speakers upstairs tell me if someone is at the front door if the bell is pressed - I've gotten to the point that I want to "Edit Speaker Client List", but it's blank. How do I add the Sonos speakers? I've downloaded the PlugIn already and this is what it shows.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	174
Size:	357.0 KB
ID:	1324267

Views:	145
Size:	371.3 KB
ID:	1324268

Welcome to the Sonos forum ...

So you would enter in the text box under the "Selected Speaker Client", you enter $SONOS$DoorBell$" and then click "Add". Be careful to enter it exactly as this info is case-sensitive!

You can find the help file/info, if you click on the tool button at the top of the HS page, click "Help" and select "Sonos"

Be safe out there from Dorian. Which parts of NC are your homebase?

Comment

Raleigh-Durham, NC Click image for larger version

Name:	Image-1 (1).jpg
Views:	149
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	1324289

Well adding that speaker did something - but it doesn't actually say anything . . . It did pause the music and gave me this on the phone, but nothing came out of the speaker - am I missing something else?

Comment

Which platform are you running this on? If Linux, you need to have the right speaker client installed (search forum on flite).

Comment

If you run this on Windows, is HS running as admin?

Comment

Used to live in north Raleigh for many years

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
              Which platform are you running this on? If Linux, you need to have the right speaker client installed (search forum on flite).
              Looks like Linix - says it's already installed. . . Click image for larger version

Views:	157
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1324297

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                Used to live in north Raleigh for many years
                I lived in CA for many years, San Diego specifically.

Comment

Originally posted by brittonsm View Post

Looks like Linix - says it's already installed. . . Click image for larger version

Views:	157
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1324297
                  Do you have a speak_to_file.sh file in your root directory. If so, what's in it? It should call flite and not pico2wav

Comment

I do not have a speak_to_file.sh file in my root directory - I had to learn how to get access to it to see the files

Now doing some Google I see that the .sh file is a linix script file; I know nothing about writing that - is there a how to here?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	22.9 KB ID:	1324327

I did locate a speak_to_file.sh file in /usr/local/HomeSeer/

This is it's
                    Code:
                    #!/bin/sh
                    flite -o "$1" -t "$2"

Comment

Originally posted by brittonsm View Post
                      I did locate a speak_to_file.sh file in /usr/local/HomeSeer/

This is it's
                      Code:
                      #!/bin/sh
                      flite -o "$1" -t "$2"
                      Sorry meant to say HS root directory, so that is fine.
                      Could you enable the Sonos PI debug flag (on the PI's config page), run the announcement and then click on "logs" on the HS page and cut/paste the FULL log, perhaps to a file and attach it to your post.
                      Have you checked the log by the way, any errors? Double checking, you didn't make any changes to your linkgroup table or event, right?

Comment

Error - plus full log attached.

Views:	135
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	1324341

Comment

The log file, doesn't capture the above error, so probably not complete. No biggie, the error above is THE key. Unfortunately I can't see all the info, could you cut/paste it as text instead of a picture? I seems to reference the speak_to_file.sh as I would have expected, so we are close. Check that speak_to_file.sh has allowance to be executable (x rights), if that is OK, then the issue is somewhere around flite. Did you buy this HS controller straight from HS or was this a personal install. If it came from HS, I would expect all of this to be set properly unless there is some authorization issue of sorts .....

Comment

I bought this right off the HS website; I'm a rookie so I just picked it up to start playing. I sincerely appreciate how much you help everyone here on the board, can see you everywhere!

I see the error on row 835 of the log file if you're using NotePad++

Views:	129
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	1324350

But regardless I checked the properties of speak_to_file.sh and the "X" is checked - - -

Views:	125
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	1324351

I did try giving it Write Access, but go the same error . . .

Comment

I just found the error in the log file, not sure how I looked over it. flite is not doing what it should do OR something else wrong (more likely the latter).
                              Can you confirm that you downloaded the Pi through the updater and not through copy/paste from another environment?
                              Check whether you can see this directory /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/Sonos/Announcements and if so, whether you see any file in there (it should contain Ann_Door_Bell_0.wav)

Comment

Working...
                              X