Error in Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error in Homeseer

I recently started to see this error message in my log and was wondering if there is someone that knows what it is.

Error in Adding ZoneGroupTopology Control Call Back for zoneplayer = Kjøkken s12. Error=Error in MyUPnPService.AddCallback while sending URL = http://192.168.1.23:1400/ZoneGroupTopology/Event to = http://192.168.1.23:1400/ZoneGroupTopology/Event with error = Unable to connect to the remote server

I have 4 Sonos units connected to Homeseer and they are all working fine. They are all wireless and the signal are good. I have a play 1 in stereo pair. They are model s12 and s1 but I have also tried to seperate them to see if that helped but I`m getting same error. And s12 model is the newest.

My Homeseer version is 3.0.0.548 and Sonos plugin 3.1.0.36

Originally posted by sturesvendsen View Post
    I recently started to see this error message in my log and was wondering if there is someone that knows what it is.

Error in Adding ZoneGroupTopology Control Call Back for zoneplayer = Kjøkken s12. Error=Error in MyUPnPService.AddCallback while sending URL = http://192.168.1.23:1400/ZoneGroupTopology/Event to = http://192.168.1.23:1400/ZoneGroupTopology/Event with error = Unable to connect to the remote server

I have 4 Sonos units connected to Homeseer and they are all working fine. They are all wireless and the signal are good. I have a play 1 in stereo pair. They are model s12 and s1 but I have also tried to seperate them to see if that helped but I`m getting same error. And s12 model is the newest.

My Homeseer version is 3.0.0.548 and Sonos plugin 3.1.0.36
    This error can only show up when a player gets connected, so either at start-up of the PI or the player is dropping out and coming back. Assuming you are not power cycling your players and this error is shown while not resetting the PI, I would think that there is a network instability. Maybe something that really disturbs your wifi ....

Comment

All devices are plugged in 24/7 and my Wifi coverage is good and both Play 1 players are just next to each other and the one with error messages are closest to router,

Comment

All devices are plugged in 24/7 and my Wifi coverage is good and both Play 1 players are just next to each other and the one with error messages are closest to router,
        How frequent do you see this error? When you see it, what other log entries are in the log?

Comment

Almost every day. I have Ikea Traadfri remote to control two players. Sometimes Sonos devices does not respond then I restart Sonos plugin, Also the I receive errors.

​​​​​Error in Adding VirtualLineIn Call Back for zoneplayer = Stuen. Error=Error in MyUPnPService.AddCallback while sending URL =

Comment

Almost every day. I have Ikea Traadfri remote to control two players. Sometimes Sonos devices does not respond then I restart Sonos plugin, Also the I receive errors.

​​​​​Error in Adding VirtualLineIn Call Back for zoneplayer = Stuen. Error=Error in MyUPnPService.AddCallback while sending URL =
            This error is shown because the PI is initializing. Do you restart HS daily or is HS restarting periodically (perhaps because you use HSSense). As I wrote, the log entry is benign and check which version of the PI you are using. If not the latest , upgrade BUT if HS restart periodically and not on command, you have an issue.

Comment

Sometimes Sonos devices does not respond then I restart Sonos plugin,
              Sorry missed this line ...

Have you checked your firewall settings? The plugin itself must have full allowance! It doesn't come automatically, it must be granted and depending on which firewall you use, it is either through a pop-up that shows first time you run (a new version of) the plugin or you need set it manually.

Comment

No changes in firewall. All devices have static IP in my router. Also it is 3 of 4 Sonos devices that comes up with this error.

I only restart Homeseer to install updates but maybe one a month. HS version is 3.0.0548 Windows edt

Comment

Another day ... a different error message.
                  sep-12 14:43:37 Sonos Error Error in myDeviceFinderCallback_DeviceFound for zoneplayer = Kjøkken s12. Some crucial services are not on-line. The plug-in cannot work for this zone

Comment

This is yet another error that ONLY shows when a player is coming on line and is a side effect that the S12 player is paired. It is an unfortunate side effect of how Sonos decides to implement these pairing functions, they have been different over different players over the years. This particular issue I believe is NOT shown unless you have debug on OR you are not on the latest version.

I had some question and remarks in my previous post, please address those:
                    - what plugin version are you running?
                    - You have either one of two scenarios:
                    a/ you are restarting the PI and therefore you see this. If you are restarting the PI because it is unresponsive, you have almost 100% a firewall issue, and this is not on your router, this is on your HS PC and has absolutely nothing to do with static versus dynamic IP addresses. The PI not HS must have allowance, if you can't remember giving it, it probably never had. Some FWs are exe version dependent, so it might have worked until last time you updated the version, maybe you just never noticed. So check your firewall
                    b/ if you are not doing the restarting, then HS is restarting OR the player is dropping out. If you leave the debug flag on (which I suspect you had), post a FULL log, not a single entry. The latter is just guess work the former tells the real story.

Thanks,

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                    X