Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you desire to be added or be different in this PI going to HS4?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you desire to be added or be different in this PI going to HS4?

What is it that you didn't like or would have liked to have had in this PI?

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
    What is it that you didn't like or would have liked to have had in this PI?
    I’m still not able to figure out a way to determine if a specific player is already playing...not sure if that’s something that would be easier to program in HS4 or not? Strange because the device shows its status so it would seem that HS could use that device status in events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Set a speaker volume with a event action, reset it to previous level also with a event action

So for example have a text to speech for a specific speaker volume 80, after the announcement back to previous level (it might do that anyway I'm not sure)

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

I’m still not able to figure out a way to determine if a specific player is already playing...not sure if that’s something that would be easier to program in HS4 or not? Strange because the device shows its status so it would seem that HS could use that device status in events.
        You have sonos conditions like "isPlaying" to add to the conditions of any event. Is this not what you want?

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
          Set a speaker volume with a event action, reset it to previous level also with a event action

So for example have a text to speech for a specific speaker volume 80, after the announcement back to previous level (it might do that anyway I'm not sure)
          If you follow the "proposed" way to do announcements, it will just do that. Click Tools->Help->Sonos if not clear on how to set up announcements. Not so?

Comment

You have sonos conditions like "isPlaying" to add to the conditions of any event. Is this not what you want?
            That’s what you and I were working with in the past and I could never get it to work. I ended up changing the event so that it wouldn’t keep triggering.

If there is a device that shows the speakers status though, shouldn’t that work as well?

Plugin's:

Comment

That’s what you and I were working with in the past and I could never get it to work. I ended up changing the event so that it wouldn’t keep triggering.

If there is a device that shows the speakers status though, shouldn’t that work as well?

Sorry don't recall, but isPlaying is a CONDITION not a TRIGGER. For trigger you would use a "Device Status Change" and pick device "Status" to go from x to y. That didn't do it?

Comment

Sorry don't recall, but isPlaying is a CONDITION not a TRIGGER. For trigger you would use a "Device Status Change" and pick device "Status" to go from x to y. That didn't do it?
                Sorry, used the word triggered but the use for the Sonos speaker was a condition. We can continue this on the original thread if you like? I’ve posted a link to it below.

Event not able to determine if Sonos is Playing
                https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Plugin's:

Comment

Sorry, used the word triggered but the use for the Sonos speaker was a condition. We can continue this on the original thread if you like? I’ve posted a link to it below.
                  Good suggestion, recall the issue now after re-reading it, but still no idea why it didn't work. I;d say not a feature perhaps an issue somewhere ...

Comment

Good suggestion, recall the issue now after re-reading it, but still no idea why it didn't work. I;d say not a feature perhaps an issue somewhere ...
                    Ok, let me know if there is anything you need from me that would help you track the issue down. I think you last asked me for a trace, I’m not sure exactly what you were wanting me to do so if you still want me to do that let me know how to do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Plugin's:

Comment

Would love to see grouping somehow work in HStouch. Might be far fetched, but not knowing what HS4 is bringing to the table, definitely top of my wish list.

Comment

Originally posted by baudfather View Post
                        Would love to see grouping somehow work in HStouch. Might be far fetched, but not knowing what HS4 is bringing to the table, definitely top of my wish list.
                        Better support for grouping is also on my mind but with given controls in current HSTouch, I don't see how. Open to suggestions. Have been toying with the idea to come up with "compact" html "pages" that you would drop in using iFrame definitions. I believe there might be a handful of users out there that embedded the existing player control page, took it in pieces and embedded it in (example https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...work-scripting) their pages. Some additional support was introduced with changes to v3.1.0.15 (https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...nos-pi-version). I'm pretty sure that if you are an HTML expert, HS4 could be great, if you are not, you (and I) may miss out on opportunities for personal customization.

Comment

If you follow the "proposed" way to do announcements, it will just do that. Click Tools->Help->Sonos if not clear on how to set up announcements. Not so?
                          Yes thats what I am doing at the moment, I have an Announe link group with a set volume. But, that means for every volume level I would need another link group ? Thats quite cumbersome... I wanted to be able in a event route a TTS to my Announce link group and be able to set the volume in that specific event... much easier if that was possible. Or have I missed something ? I just looked at the help file but it does not look as if I could do that at the moment. As far as I understand at the moment I could only create different Announce link groups where everything is the same but the volume level to get around that limitattion. Which, if you have lots of different groups would end up very messy

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post

Yes thats what I am doing at the moment, I have an Announe link group with a set volume. But, that means for every volume level I would need another link group ? Thats quite cumbersome... I wanted to be able in a event route a TTS to my Announce link group and be able to set the volume in that specific event... much easier if that was possible. Or have I missed something ? I just looked at the help file but it does not look as if I could do that at the moment. As far as I understand at the moment I could only create different Announce link groups where everything is the same but the volume level to get around that limitattion. Which, if you have lots of different groups would end up very messy
                            Interesting .... So if I do understand correct, you would have some announcements play louder than others, do I get that correct? Could you give some examples of what you have in mind. Second question, linkgroups tend to be built with different players, are you suggesting that all players in that group have a common volume setting then?

I know there are users who created very elaborate scripts to make dynamic linkgroups on the fly, but I can't think of an easy way to make this available to less (script) skilled users. I've been toying with the idea of adding a bunch of new tags that you can embed in the event, but can't convince myself, apart from solving some corner cases for few users, that this would be of any help to the larger community. In fact, adding another linkgroup is very easy, it all feels we just move the effort around, meaning, if you are creating 100's of events because you want different grouping, different volume settings etc. etc. why is having a few more linkgroups the big impediment UNLESS there is a way you can almost script your events and use variables retrieved from somewhere to control participating players, volume setting etc. but now you are back to skilled scripting requirements.

If there are some great ideas/suggestions out there, I'm all ears.

Comment

Interesting .... So if I do understand correct, you would have some announcements play louder than others, do I get that correct? Could you give some examples of what you have in mind. Second question, linkgroups tend to be built with different players, are you suggesting that all players in that group have a common volume setting then?
                              Yes, I have one announce group, and if I use that group they all have the same volume setting. I also have a 'emergency' group, with all speakers at full volume. For some announcements, I want to only send them to specific speakers, and depending how important they are, alter the volume. Yes, I could create lots of groups, but I just thought it would be easy to be able to use a event to send a TTS (or music or anything) to a speaker and specify the volume. I use scripts, but I'm not great, but if there was a way of doing it via a script I could probably get it to work and reuse and alter the script as needed.
                              It was just something I have been missing for a while, and I just did not have the time and patience to create lots of groups with different volumes

Comment

Working...
                              X