Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you desire to be added or be different in this PI going to HS4?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

koburg Did you ever use indigodomo?

If yes, how was it vs homeseer?

Comment

yes I have been using indigodomo for 4-5 years now. it is very stable, have some good plugins. but the people (2 persons) who are developing the system are very slow on updates and they need to add the zwave devices to the system. they have not implemented S2,multichannel association, scene commands and maybe more. into the system so when you have a new device who benefit from these newer things you can NOT use it. there is a plugin for the scene commands but not the rest. so I have made this association with my devices here at Hs in one day, and the scene commands are built in so I can just use it in events.

* and indigodomo are now running a subscription when you want to use the software.
      * Ios app have not been updated after all the new iPhones from the IPX until now
      * they have a good forum as it look like HS also have :-)

Comment

thanks!

so you pay $250 , + a subscription fee?

Comment

yes and then 75$ each year. and they are just to slow upgrading they don't send as many small upgrades as they promised when they changed to subscription, there should be released more .x releases but that I still need to see. im just tired of waiting, for them to add all the different features zwave are using. and when I asked about adding support for zigbee they did do not see why and they don't have the time for it "right now".

Comment

It would be nice to be able to select the TTS voice from a drop down, ideally group as well. I have multiple Cereproc voices- I always have to look at old events to figure out the SAPI name for the voice.

These are nice to have's though- thanks for the app as is!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgla View Post
              It would be nice to be able to select the TTS voice from a drop down, ideally group as well. I have multiple Cereproc voices- I always have to look at old events to figure out the SAPI name for the voice.

These are nice to have's though- thanks for the app as is!
              I do this now with HS3. I have a virtual device that has the names of all my voices and I can select them manually and I also rotate the voices at midnight to keep things interesting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	voice.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1404081

I use the voice required option for speaking:

Code:
                hs.speak("<voice required='Name=$$DSR:636:'> Fan Super Low </voice>", False, "$SONOS$Master Bedroom$")

Comment

Thanks, I hadn’t thought of using a device to store voice- will start to migrate. Is there any way to reserve a specific range of virtual devices- ie 1001 = voice 1, etc?

Comment

I would love to see a status device for each speaker that would give linked status. It could show if the particular speaker is the Source Player, Linked or Un-linked. Also possibly if linked what player it is linked to.

I may be missing something because under the "player" device it shows what player it is linked to however I cannot find a way in an event to poll that information.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Expand the options in settings for track position and track time. Add a track percentage while still keeping the standard track position as a time value. This allows HSTouch setup to display track position, track time and have a device with percentage to allow a slide element to track. I currently do this with a script that calculates percentage and stores in a VD which is the device the slider gets value.

I could can eliminate the extra VD and script if you had a dedicated percentage without having to lose the track portion time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I would love to see a list of vbscript commands and properties available.

Comment

I would love to see a alarm-function.

- The ability to turn on or off pre-set alarms manually
                        - The ability to turn on or off pre-set alarms with a event
                        - Start an event when alarm goes of
                        - Start an event x min before alarm goes of

Sometimes when i'm on vacation i forget to disable our alarms and it would be nice when nobody is at home to disable all the alarms. Additionally i would be cool to switch on the coffeemachine and/or lighting 10 mins before the alarm goes of.

Comment

Originally posted by michaeldecharon View Post
                          I would love to see a alarm-function.

- The ability to turn on or off pre-set alarms manually
                          - The ability to turn on or off pre-set alarms with a event
                          - Start an event when alarm goes of
                          - Start an event x min before alarm goes of

Sometimes when i'm on vacation i forget to disable our alarms and it would be nice when nobody is at home to disable all the alarms. Additionally i would be cool to switch on the coffeemachine and/or lighting 10 mins before the alarm goes of.
                          There is an event when the alarm goes off. The other 3 requests, as far as I can tell are very hard to implement, not sure how I would create say controls for something as dynamic as an alarm you create or delete, how would that even fit in an event. Manually activating them from a list of things, you might as well whip out your sonos app and do it there.

How are your scripting skills because that is about the only way I can think off you can control something complex as this

Comment

I would like to be able to control "night sound" and "speech enhancement" on the playbar and beam.

Thanks for the great plugin!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_G View Post
                              I would like to be able to control "night sound" and "speech enhancement" on the playbar and beam.

Thanks for the great plugin!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
                              Did you install the new PI? It is there

Comment

No, I haven't - but will shortly.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X