Sort of working - but what is wrong with the HS devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sort of working - but what is wrong with the HS devices

The PI sort of works for me but I am getting strange effects.

1) I use a Sonos Play 1 (Gen 2) device
    2) The Sonos App works fine
    3) The Alexa voice control works fine on the Sonos
    4) HS PI installs OK
    5) HS PI sees the Sonos Play One OK
    6) If I start music from the Sonos App, I can use the Player device and it works correctly (Play, Stop, etc) however the status is always "Stopped, Unknown" next to "No Art" graphic
    7) I can also correctly change the Sonos playing with the "State" device and the buttons Stop, Play, Pause and Play-Pause works. I do not understand the difference between the "State" functions and the "Player" functions.
    8) If I use the "Plug Ins > Sonos > player" the top graphic is always empty but the playlists are populated
    9) The devices "Album", "Artist", "Next Album" and "Next Artist" and "Next Arr" and "Next Track" all show Nothing.
    10) If I use a Tune-In radio - it will play but the device "Radiostation Name" shows "No Radio"
    11) Loudness device seems to do nothing
    12) Track Position seems to work correctly
    13) Track Length never updates
    14) Volume device seems to work correctly

Any suggestions on getting this working correctly as I am sure this is not the way it is supposed to work.

I have tried uninstalling the PI and re-installing again via the HS interface but It does not seem to make any difference

Indeed not how it is supposed to work. I can think of 2 reasons and you might have both:

1/ if you installed the PI and at some point deleted the devices from the HS devices page, then you probably have a consistency problem between the Sonos .ini file and the HS database. You solve this by STOPPING HS3 (not just the PI, all of HS), go to the config folder and delete the sonos.ini file. Restart HS and all devices will be recreated.

2/ if you did not do the above, given that most controls seem to work but the updates are not coming through, you may not have clicked on the firewall allowance when you first started the PI. You need to give the PLUGIN (not just HS) the allowance to access your network, else updates won't come through. This is only a windows issue not Linux.

Uninstalling unfortunately doesn't really do anything except for deleting the .exe file so any inconsistent data stays. There is a "delete all player" button on the bottom of the PI's config page, clicking that might also solve consistency issues and perhaps easier than mucking around with deleting .ini files.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. 1/ was correct. Seemes to have messed up my config
      Anyway, I stopped HS on my Windows 10 OS.
      Deleted the Sonos ini files then restarted the entire box.

My Sonos player was actually on when the PI restarted and the PI correctly displayed the "currently playing" track in the "player" device

However, when that track finished and the next track one started, the devices in HS didn't change. It was as though they are somehow frozen on the track that was playing at the time the PI started.

I also noted the "state" device is permanently "Stopped" - but the track was actually playing on the speaker.. The "State" device buttons work and can stop and start whatever track is playing - but it always stays in the "Stopped" state.

Maybe the player thinks it is "stopped" - which would explain why it never changes the track description.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
      /Marcus

Comment

Some more tests and yes. I think the Sonos PI devices are thinking the sonos is locked in an "off" state

Comment

Originally posted by metkhoo View Post
          Some more tests and yes. I think the Sonos PI devices are thinking the sonos is locked in an "off" state
          Check your firewall! Do you allow the HSPI_SONOS.EXE to have incoming and outgoing allowance?

Comment

Sorry. Yes that is it (bold red in the help file I know)

Thanks for helping me out

All working now thanks!

/Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by metkhoo View Post
              Yes that is it (bold red in the help file I know)

Comment

Working...
              X