Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently some people can use this plug-in: that is not my case!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently some people can use this plug-in: that is not my case!

apart creating a huge number of "devices" with duplicate names.......
    to configure a db zonename is impossible (no choice offered)
    as to Sonos trigger and condition not any trace
    I supose I missed something!

Originally posted by ghell2000 View Post
    apart creating a huge number of "devices" with duplicate names.......
    to configure a db zonename is impossible (no choice offered)
    as to Sonos trigger and condition not any trace
    I supose I missed something!
    I expect you deleted devices from the HS device management page a couple of times, hence a huge number of duplicate devices, no worries.
    Always best to search on this forum but there are 2 imports things (in my mind) at this point:

a/ you need to get rid of the inconsistencies. Stop HS. Go to the config subdirectory and delete the sonos.ini file. Restart HS and going forward NEVER delete sonos devices from the HS management page unless it is because you want to get rid of the PI and then for good measure you should delete the sonos.ini file .... just in case you change your mind and re-install the PI at a later point and the pain starts again.

b/ make sure the hspi_sonos.exe application has FULL allowance for incoming and outgoing network access on your HS PC firewall, this does NOT happen automatically!!! If you are running Linux, this would not be a point, but if you are on Windows, this is the biggest cause when people see no updates and start deleting things.

Last but not least, when something isn't clear, their is an on-line help file which you can find by clicking tools->help->sonos. If still not clear, search this forum, there are a few thousand posts. TURN the debug flag ON, when you see errors and you search this forum, almost all will result in postings helping you through this. I need actionable information such as debug logs, screenshots of player tables, link tables, events or whatever it is that doesn't work to help you in the most effective and efficient way.

Let me know how it goes,

Dirk

Comment

It worked 100%
      TKS

Comment

Working...
      X