Sonos devices disconnect after approximately 1 hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos devices disconnect after approximately 1 hour

Since a couple of weeks, i've notice that my Sonos devices are not responding to the plug-in.

Once i restart the plug-in everything works fine, but after about 1 hour none of the sonos devices react to the plug-in. In the player table, all the sonos devices show a ? with the player online.

Information:

Homeseer version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548 (Windows)
    Sonos plug-in version: 3.1.0.53
    Windows 10 Virtual machine

Included in the attachments:

- Sonos.ini
    - Sonos player table (Sonos connected).docx
    - SonosDebug.txt

- Sonos player table (Sonos disconnected).docx

Any idea how to fix this problem?

Sonos.zip

Did you do anything manual, like deleting devices? Perhaps restoring a HS backup or moving the install between systems?
    I would say, typically a firewall issue but there seems to be issues with the .ini file wrt to HS device references set to -1. I wouldn't even know how that can even happen, but when HS references get corrupted it is usually user involved.
    Anything (manual) happened to this system in the last few weeks? If you did, the best way to get out of the inconsistency is to stop HS, delete the sonos.ini file from the config folder, restart HS. Linkgroups and events unfortunately will be lost.

Comment

Thanks dcorsus,

for your reply.

Nothing has changed, maybe only an update from your plugin.

i was afraid your recommendation would be to delete the ini file.

It’s strange that the plugin is unstable since nothing has changed the last weeks.

Comment

Maybe the problem started longer ago, perhaps a restart or something else just made it abundantly clear. The first player in your table, has HS references set to -1, the PI doesn't do that, at least not on purpose So that smells like a corruption or a manual action which could date from long before.
        Unfortunately the log doesn't tell me a whole lot, there are no errors in it, but the players drop out very quickly. So perhaps nothing has changed to the PI but did something change to your network? Maybe you added a switch somewhere, moved or added a player?
        I think we have 2 issues, one is that one player has a reference corruption, might have been there for a long time.
        Secondly, maybe some network issue or a firewall issue which prevents the PI from receiving proper messages from the players and either assumed it is not there or the status isn't changing. Maybe a Windows update on this HS PC or is this Linux? If Windows, check the firewall on the HS PC, it MUST allow the hspi_sonos.exe to have incoming and outgoing (or both) allowance!

Comment

Perhaps you can do a delete (the delete button on the player table) next to the first player in that table, the one that shows TRUE in red. The red indicates there is a data inconsistency. Not sure it will clear that player but worth trying if you are not looking forward to delete the .ini file. If the secondary issue is indeed a network issue, we should try to stay away from deleting the .ini file but you do need to get rid of the first inconsistent player. Given that the HS references are gone for that player, the PI has no way to delete the (old) HS devices, so perhaps before you click on delete, you should manually delete from the HS device page ONLY that player and its associated children

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
            Maybe the problem started longer ago, perhaps a restart or something else just made it abundantly clear. The first player in your table, has HS references set to -1, the PI doesn't do that, at least not on purpose So that smells like a corruption or a manual action which could date from long before.
            Unfortunately the log doesn't tell me a whole lot, there are no errors in it, but the players drop out very quickly. So perhaps nothing has changed to the PI but did something change to your network? Maybe you added a switch somewhere, moved or added a player?
            I think we have 2 issues, one is that one player has a reference corruption, might have been there for a long time.
            Secondly, maybe some network issue or a firewall issue which prevents the PI from receiving proper messages from the players and either assumed it is not there or the status isn't changing. Maybe a Windows update on this HS PC or is this Linux? If Windows, check the firewall on the HS PC, it MUST allow the hspi_sonos.exe to have incoming and outgoing (or both) allowance!
            dcorsus,

I've checked the incoming and outgoing allowance in my Windows Defender Firewall and i found the allowance for incoming, but there was no rule for outgoing. So i've added manual a rule for outgoing. I'll have to see if this fixes my problem.

Comment

Perhaps you can do a delete (the delete button on the player table) next to the first player in that table, the one that shows TRUE in red. The red indicates there is a data inconsistency. Not sure it will clear that player but worth trying if you are not looking forward to delete the .ini file. If the secondary issue is indeed a network issue, we should try to stay away from deleting the .ini file but you do need to get rid of the first inconsistent player. Given that the HS references are gone for that player, the PI has no way to delete the (old) HS devices, so perhaps before you click on delete, you should manually delete from the HS device page ONLY that player and its associated children
              I've also delete the (child) devices on the HS device page and after that in the player table for the player in red. I'm now testing if both solutions work.

To be continued

Comment

Thanks. I was just having a second look at your .ini file, there are even more inconsistencies in there that I've never ever seen before. Did this problem show perhaps after an upgrade or just out of the blue? This is very very strange, wouldn't even know how child devices ended up in the .ini file, never seen that before. Maybe not in the last few weeks, but did you ever have issues before and perhaps last year or years in the past did some manual work on the .ini file or something else?

Comment

Thanks. I was just having a second look at your .ini file, there are even more inconsistencies in there that I've never ever seen before. Did this problem show perhaps after an upgrade or just out of the blue? This is very very strange, wouldn't even know how child devices ended up in the .ini file, never seen that before. Maybe not in the last few weeks, but did you ever have issues before and perhaps last year or years in the past did some manual work on the .ini file or something else?
                  First of all thanks dcorsus for your patients.

i hoped that deleting the fault player and adding the rule for outgoing allowance in my firewall would do the trick, but unfortunately it didn’t.

For as long as I can remember I didn’t edit the ini. I was assuming that the trouble started after an update from the plugin. I have never had as I can reminder a problem with the plugin on this kind of level.

It’s really strange

Comment

I do have a back up of my homeseer from a while ago. Is it possible to only restore my Sonos setup and leave everything else as it is?

Comment

Not something I would recommend but if you post your latest ini file I’ll manually delete the junk out of it and see if that helps. How’s the player table now showing?

Comment

Can you also confirm what is not working exactly after FW change and deleting one player? Helpful are lot but NOT with upnp level to verbose, keep that at error only but Debug level to error and events

Comment

Not something I would recommend but if you post your latest ini file I’ll manually delete the junk out of it and see if that helps. How’s the player table now showing?
                          That would be great!

Sonos.zip

The player table now only show the actual players without the faulty one, so everything is green but all with the question mark.

Comment

Can you also confirm what is not working exactly after FW change and deleting one player? Helpful are lot but NOT with upnp level to verbose, keep that at error only but Debug level to error and events
                            I can't control any of my players through your plugin, the plugin isn't responding on any of the players. So when i start a track nothing appaers on the players in homeseer.

Meanwhile i'm letting your plugin create a log:

Plugin Functions Debug Level on Events and errors
                            UPnP Functions Debug Level on Errors only

Comment

Originally posted by michaeldecharon View Post

Plugin Functions Debug Level on Events and errors
                              UPnP Functions Debug Level on Errors only
                              Yes that's correct. Can you restart HS, need to see this log from the beginning. Perhaps stop HS, copy the attached .ini file to the config location and start up HS.
                              Note : HS MUST be stopped when you overwrite the .ini file

I have no clue how this all happened but I'm very very concerned now ...

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X