Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the SonosController working with the Sonos S2 update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the SonosController working with the Sonos S2 update?

Has anyone tested if the latest SonosController plugin (running in HS3) is working with the Sonos S2 update?

Best regards,
    Torkil

Not sure anyone has S2. It was supposed to be released today, I did get a notification that the iPhone app has been renamed to S1 but still unclear how S2 will be released and if released. Did you get upgrade to S2?

Comment

I think its available now but I don't dare to upgrade just jet. I am being prompted with upgrade from my desktop Sonos app on both Win10 pc and MacBook. I think the new phone/tablet app is called just "Sonos", and they renamed the old version to "Sonos S1".

Comment

Ah, I found the S2 controller APP on the IPhone store. Downloaded and installed but can't really find a way to just upgrade ONE player so I can investigate. On a positive note, a quick Google search found a posting from a person on the Hubitat site, that he upgraded his setup of S2 and all still appears to work.
        If someone already took the plunge and report here that would be great. As I stated, I'm trying to find a way so I can upgrade only ONE player for now because I would think, once upgraded you can't go back to S1. I'll also monitor postings in other forums to see what S2 unleashed.

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
          Ah, I found the S2 controller APP on the IPhone store. Downloaded and installed but can't really find a way to just upgrade ONE player so I can investigate. On a positive note, a quick Google search found a posting from a person on the Hubitat site, that he upgraded his setup of S2 and all still appears to work.
          If someone already took the plunge and report here that would be great. As I stated, I'm trying to find a way so I can upgrade only ONE player for now because I would think, once upgraded you can't go back to S1. I'll also monitor postings in other forums to see what S2 unleashed.
          Hey Dirk,

I decided to take the plunge and have updated to the S2 software. I've posted my HS log below that was recorded as the S2 update was happening. I ran one of my Sonos PI events after it completed updating and so far so good!
          Jun-08 1:03:31 PM Event Event Trigger "Misc Office - Music On"
          Jun-08 1:03:31 PM Event Event Misc Office - Music On triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
          Jun-08 1:03:30 PM Sonos DirectConnect called for Zone Family Room with device name = uuid:RINCON and Model = S3
          Jun-08 1:03:20 PM Sonos DirectConnect called for Zone Master Bedroom with device name = uuid:RIN and Model = S3
          Jun-08 1:03:10 PM Sonos DirectConnect called for Zone Kitchen with device name = uuid:RINCON_and Model = S12
          Jun-08 1:03:00 PM Sonos DirectConnect called for Zone Master Bathroom with device name = uuid:RINCON_ and Model = S12
          Jun-08 1:02:50 PM Sonos DirectConnect called for Zone Dining Room with device name = uuid:RINCON_ and Model = S12
          Jun-08 1:02:40 PM Sonos DirectConnect called for Zone Office with device name = uuid:RINCON_ and Model = S12
          Jun-08 1:00:59 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Office with Full = False
          Jun-08 1:00:59 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Office was lost in AlarmClockDied.
          Jun-08 1:00:59 PM Sonos AlarmClock Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Office
          Jun-08 1:00:59 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Office with Full = False
          Jun-08 1:00:59 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Office was lost in ZonegroupTopologyDied.
          Jun-08 1:00:59 PM Sonos ZonegroupTopology Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Office
          Jun-08 1:00:58 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Office with Full = False
          Jun-08 1:00:58 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Office was lost in ContentDirectory.
          Jun-08 1:00:58 PM Sonos Content Directory Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Office
          Jun-08 1:00:58 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Office with Full = False
          Jun-08 1:00:58 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Office was lost in RenderingControlDied.
          Jun-08 1:00:58 PM Sonos Rendering Control Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Office
          Jun-08 1:00:58 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Office was lost in TransportDied.
          Jun-08 1:00:58 PM Sonos TransportDied. ZonePlayer - Office
          Jun-08 1:00:58 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Office was lost in QueueServiceStateChange.
          Jun-08 1:00:58 PM Sonos QueueServiceStateChange Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Office
          Jun-08 1:00:58 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Family Room with Full = False
          Jun-08 1:00:58 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Family Room was lost in AlarmClockDied.
          Jun-08 1:00:58 PM Sonos AlarmClock Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Family Room
          Jun-08 1:00:57 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Family Room with Full = False
          Jun-08 1:00:57 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Family Room was lost in ZonegroupTopologyDied.
          Jun-08 1:00:57 PM Sonos ZonegroupTopology Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Family Room
          Jun-08 1:00:57 PM Sonos Warning ZonePlayer Dining Room has been disconnected from the network in DeviceLostCallBack.
          Jun-08 1:00:57 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Family Room with Full = False
          Jun-08 1:00:57 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Family Room was lost in ContentDirectory.
          Jun-08 1:00:57 PM Sonos Content Directory Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Family Room
          Jun-08 1:00:57 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Family Room was lost in RenderingControlDied.
          Jun-08 1:00:57 PM Sonos Rendering Control Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Family Room
          Jun-08 1:00:57 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Family Room was lost in TransportDied.
          Jun-08 1:00:57 PM Sonos TransportDied. ZonePlayer - Family Room
          Jun-08 1:00:56 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Family Room with Full = False
          Jun-08 1:00:56 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Family Room was lost in QueueServiceStateChange.
          Jun-08 1:00:56 PM Sonos QueueServiceStateChange Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Family Room
          Jun-08 1:00:56 PM Sonos Warning ZonePlayer Master Bedroom has been disconnected from the network in DeviceLostCallBack.
          Jun-08 1:00:55 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Master Bedroom with Full = False
          Jun-08 1:00:55 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Master Bedroom was lost in ZonegroupTopologyDied.
          Jun-08 1:00:55 PM Sonos ZonegroupTopology Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Master Bedroom
          Jun-08 1:00:55 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Master Bedroom with Full = False
          Jun-08 1:00:55 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Master Bedroom was lost in ContentDirectory.
          Jun-08 1:00:55 PM Sonos Content Directory Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Master Bedroom
          Jun-08 1:00:54 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Master Bedroom with Full = False
          Jun-08 1:00:54 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Master Bedroom was lost in RenderingControlDied.
          Jun-08 1:00:54 PM Sonos Rendering Control Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Master Bedroom
          Jun-08 1:00:53 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Master Bedroom with Full = False
          Jun-08 1:00:53 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Master Bedroom was lost in TransportDied.
          Jun-08 1:00:53 PM Sonos TransportDied. ZonePlayer - Master Bedroom
          Jun-08 1:00:53 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Master Bedroom with Full = False
          Jun-08 1:00:53 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Master Bedroom was lost in QueueServiceStateChange.
          Jun-08 1:00:53 PM Sonos QueueServiceStateChange Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Master Bedroom
          Jun-08 1:00:53 PM Sonos Warning ZonePlayer Kitchen has been disconnected from the network in DeviceLostCallBack.
          Jun-08 1:00:53 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Kitchen with Full = False
          Jun-08 1:00:53 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Kitchen was lost in ZonegroupTopologyDied.
          Jun-08 1:00:53 PM Sonos ZonegroupTopology Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Kitchen
          Jun-08 1:00:52 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Kitchen with Full = False
          Jun-08 1:00:52 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Kitchen was lost in ContentDirectory.
          Jun-08 1:00:52 PM Sonos Content Directory Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Kitchen
          Jun-08 1:00:52 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Kitchen with Full = False
          Jun-08 1:00:52 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Kitchen was lost in RenderingControlDied.
          Jun-08 1:00:52 PM Sonos Rendering Control Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Kitchen
          Jun-08 1:00:52 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Kitchen was lost in TransportDied.
          Jun-08 1:00:52 PM Sonos TransportDied. ZonePlayer - Kitchen
          Jun-08 1:00:51 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Kitchen with Full = False
          Jun-08 1:00:51 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Kitchen was lost in QueueServiceStateChange.
          Jun-08 1:00:51 PM Sonos QueueServiceStateChange Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Kitchen
          Jun-08 1:00:50 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Master Bathroom with Full = False
          Jun-08 1:00:50 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Master Bathroom was lost in TransportDied.
          Jun-08 1:00:50 PM Sonos TransportDied. ZonePlayer - Master Bathroom
          Jun-08 1:00:49 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Master Bathroom with Full = False
          Jun-08 1:00:49 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Master Bathroom was lost in QueueServiceStateChange.
          Jun-08 1:00:49 PM Sonos QueueServiceStateChange Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Master Bathroom
          Jun-08 1:00:48 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Master Bathroom with Full = False
          Jun-08 1:00:48 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Master Bathroom was lost in AlarmClockDied.
          Jun-08 1:00:48 PM Sonos AlarmClock Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Master Bathroom
          HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
          Plugin's:
          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

The UI in the new app is much nicer in my opinion. They have added pre-defined groups of speakers which is really nice. It would be nice if those groups could be accessed via the plugin!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Plugin's:

Comment

I’ve tried quite a few more of the buttons in the plugin to see if they still controlled the speakers, everything is working just like before. The only thing I haven’t tested yet are the announcements....my wife is on a conference call and probably wouldn’t enjoy all the speakers making a loud announcement.

Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                I’ve tried quite a few more of the buttons in the plugin to see if they still controlled the speakers, everything is working just like before. The only thing I haven’t tested yet are the announcements....my wife is on a conference call and probably wouldn’t enjoy all the speakers making a loud announcement.

Thanks a lot for taking the plunge and report here. I'm very very happy to read the UPNP interface wasn't dropped. Do you have only S2 players or mixed? Suspect (now) where things will become complex is to distinguish in the PI which players run S1 and which S2 and I suspect it will be not possible to group between them.
                I had noted the same about the pre-determined groups , could be interesting.

Comment

Thanks a lot for taking the plunge and report here. I'm very very happy to read the UPNP interface wasn't dropped. Do you have only S2 players or mixed? Suspect (now) where things will become complex is to distinguish in the PI which players run S1 and which S2 and I suspect it will be not possible to group between them.
                  I had noted the same about the pre-determined groups , could be interesting.
                  I have a few Play:1 and Play:3 speakers which are both listed as S2 compatible on the Sonos website: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/controller-app

I did make sure that my speakers were on that list first before updating....I'm not completely crazy!
                  Plugin's:

Comment

Thank you The Profit. I decided to go for the upgrade and so far all is looking normal. I have only S2 compatible units (play 1, play one, play three, playbar, sub, port) so I can't say anything about a mixed setup.

Comment

Well I took the plunge, upgraded my system. A bit confusing actually but after installing the S2 controller and clicking on "upgrade players", it kept on telling me it "failed" but it just turns out that these are the players that cannot be upgraded and now S1 players show in S1 app and S2 players in S2 app. As far as I can tell, I see no difference at all in the UPNP interface. This could mean two things: either I'm not looking at the right things or all new features are NOT supported in the UPNP interface but the interface is kept there for now to support all 3rd pty bolt ons. The PI finds all players just fine, doesn't have a concept of S1 versus S2 but suspect if I try to group between them, I'll get errors, probably some other info i can't rely on anymore.

Comment

Well I took the plunge, upgraded my system. A bit confusing actually but after installing the S2 controller and clicking on "upgrade players", it kept on telling me it "failed" but it just turns out that these are the players that cannot be upgraded and now S1 players show in S1 app and S2 players in S2 app. As far as I can tell, I see no difference at all in the UPNP interface. This could mean two things: either I'm not looking at the right things or all new features are NOT supported in the UPNP interface but the interface is kept there for now to support all 3rd pty bolt ons. The PI finds all players just fine, doesn't have a concept of S1 versus S2 but suspect if I try to group between them, I'll get errors, probably some other info i can't rely on anymore.

Is there a forum or support line for Sonos 3rd party developers that you can find information about the future of UPNP?

Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Is there a forum or support line for Sonos 3rd party developers that you can find information about the future of UPNP?

Nope because Sonos (to my knowledge) NEVER documented or supported use of their UPNP implementation. Obviously most was standards based so other streaming devices could easily detect Sonos players, controllers could do basic controls but for us, we were lucky that, at least until recently, every feature they added was controllable via that interface. Since the introduction of Alexa and their "3rd party services" eco system, there is a clear push of cloud-based interfacing and I suspect that trend will continue in that direction. That doesn't mean there is no more "local" control, I suspect soon, it will be closed either by running it over SSL, through some form of OAuth or move to a more contemporary API (websockets, (g)rpc ...)

Comment

Has anyone tested announcements yet? Want to make sure they work before plunging over the deep end.

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
                              Has anyone tested announcements yet? Want to make sure they work before plunging over the deep end.
                              I’ve had an announcement trigger since I first posted the update to S2 and it worked just as before. The only issue, as Dirk mentioned, may be if you have some speakers on S1 and some on S2.

Plugin's:

Comment

Working...
                              X