Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the SonosController working with the Sonos S2 update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I'm all S2 speakers. Upgraded and all announcements working as before.

Comment

Side note: i went to update my myriad of tablets... got all but a fire tablet to upgrade. Weird because my other one upgraded fine. Have Google play sideloaded... but wont' show me the S2 app in either google play or fire store.

If it go in from the Sonos website to the google play link, tells me app not compatible. ugh.

Comment

So, I also upgraded like you guys and discovery and controls all work fine. However, it can't seem to see my Playlists on the Sonos anymore. I just get a blank list. Can someone confirm if this is true or if it's just me?

Comment

Originally posted by gbdesai View Post
          So, I also upgraded like you guys and discovery and controls all work fine. However, it can't seem to see my Playlists on the Sonos anymore. I just get a blank list. Can someone confirm if this is true or if it's just me?
          I'm also interested in this - I was juuuuuuuust about to pull the pin and upgrade to S2, but I think I'll wait for a bit - I have a few events that rely on playlists.....

Paul

Comment

Did you end up splitting your system or everything was upgraded to S2?
            So far I have seen no issue but I ended up splitting my system and I can tell you that this will cause a bunch of issues.

a/ the PI will find all players irrespective whether S1 or S2. However all functions like grouping, pairing, linkgroups across the 2 systems won’t work
            b/ the PI always assumed there is only one DB in the whole system, there will now by at least 2 and depending which player you chose to create the music DB from will be what you can select AND won’t work for the other players, I suspect same for the radio station DB .

Comment

My playlists disappeared as well but the new app requires you to sign in again to each of the services you had linked originally. Once I did that they all populated again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
              Plugin's:
              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

Did you end up splitting your system or everything was upgraded to S2?
                So far I have seen no issue but I ended up splitting my system and I can tell you that this will cause a bunch of issues.

a/ the PI will find all players irrespective whether S1 or S2. However all functions like grouping, pairing, linkgroups across the 2 systems won’t work
                b/ the PI always assumed there is only one DB in the whole system, there will now by at least 2 and depending which player you chose to create the music DB from will be what you can select AND won’t work for the other players, I suspect same for the radio station DB .
                I converted everything to S2. As far as the playlists, I forced a DB Rebuild and everything came back. I'll have to see about what The Profit said, I never had to do that, but maybe I'm only seeing my Sonos Playlists instead of everything, will go look shortly.

G

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

My playlists disappeared as well but the new app requires you to sign in again to each of the services you had linked originally. Once I did that they all populated again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Interesting, didn't have to do that *however* because I split my system, I had to create a secondary *new* household and there I had to assign and authorize all services again. I ended up upgrading my existing system to S2, then it told me I had a bunch of incompatible devices, which I couldn't get rid off. When I opened the S1 controller, things were all over the place, I think on my phone it kept on forwarding me to the S2 app but on my laptop I could still control the S1 players.
                  So I did what they suggested, every S1 player, I did a factory reset, reset the S1 controller APP and created a new household, to which I added the S1 players. That new household required me the authorize all services again but after that S1 and S2 controllers played nice together (ships in the night).
                  One thing that I did run into is that the boost doesn't seem to be able to deal with 2 different households, or at least I couldn't figure out how. So now my S2 network (80% of my players) are now in the same config as they were pre-S2, including 2 boosts, but the S1 players are now running over my wifi-network.

Comment

Well, I finally decided to upgrade our Sonos speakers to the S2 app and am happy to say all is working well. Thanks for this great plugin.
                    Michael

Comment

I have an S1 house. Thinking about getting a Sonos Arc for a TV. The Arc is S2. It seems that the plug in can control both the S1 and S2 Sonos units, but a mixed household can't group across S1 and S2 and the user needs to use different apps for control. Is there any other downside to a mixed household? If the plug in can control both S1 and S2 units, wouldn't the plug in be able to do its own grouping by controlling selected S1 and S2 Sonos units?

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                        I have an S1 house. Thinking about getting a Sonos Arc for a TV. The Arc is S2. It seems that the plug in can control both the S1 and S2 Sonos units, but a mixed household can't group across S1 and S2 and the user needs to use different apps for control. Is there any other downside to a mixed household? If the plug in can control both S1 and S2 units, wouldn't the plug in be able to do its own grouping by controlling selected S1 and S2 Sonos units?
                        Sonos players are like a hive, each player knows exactly the same and each player know everything happening on any other player. When they are in another household, by design they know nothing about the other household or at least they try to totally ignore other households. The HS3 version of the PI ignores households but that doesn't mean you can tell a player to group with a player from another household .... which it doesn't know anything about.
                        The HS4 version of the PI (to be released soon), does take care of households, which doesn't mean you have extra features, it just prevents you from trying to do things that won't work anyway, such as groupings across households.

Comment

By the way, most players are S2 capable, have you verified that your players cannot be upgraded to S2?

Comment

Yes, in the early days I standardized on the Connect which is not upgradable. I can trade them in for a discount on S2, but can’t upgrade. And I have 5 of them and they otherwise work fine so I’d prefer not to trade up.

Comment

Yes, in the early days I standardized on the Connect which is not upgradable. I can trade them in for a discount on S2, but can’t upgrade. And I have 5 of them and they otherwise work fine so I’d prefer not to trade up.
                              bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

Sonos players are like a hive, each player knows exactly the same and each player know everything happening on any other player. When they are in another household, by design they know nothing about the other household or at least they try to totally ignore other households. The HS3 version of the PI ignores households but that doesn't mean you can tell a player to group with a player from another household .... which it doesn't know anything about.
                                The HS4 version of the PI (to be released soon), does take care of households, which doesn't mean you have extra features, it just prevents you from trying to do things that won't work anyway, such as groupings across households.
                                Thanks for your note Dirk. Could the Plug-in simultaneously start the S1 Sonos with the S2 Sonos as part of event commands? In other words make a group using HS3 and the plug-in.

Comment

Working...
                                X