HS4: Cannot play an audio file in Sonos devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4: Cannot play an audio file in Sonos devices

I am trying to play an audio file on my Sonos (the bell.wav from the media folder will do for now) but can't get it to work.
    • In HS4 I have created a manual event Play an Audio file, added the Bell.wav but there was no Sonos speaker client to hook up to.
    • I opened xxx.xxx.xx.xxx\events, opened the event here, added the $SONOS$TTS$ thing and submitted that.
    • When I open the event in HS4 now the $SONOS$TTS$:* is shown here as long as I do not edit the event.
    Apparently I am missing something but cannot not find even the basics. For example what does TTS mean, do I need to make a Linked group named "TTS" in the Sonos config or not (tried both) etc. etc.

You do not use play but use speak.

Comment

I cannot find a manual. Where should I look for this manual ?

Comment

Have a look at the second post

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...onos-pi-manual

Comment

Great,thank you so much. In the meantime I have bells all through the house so it's working !!!

Going to read the manual anyway to find out more.

Comment

its not playing the file for me. instead it is only speaking the name of the mp3. what do i do to get this working on hs4 please?

Comment

this means that there is an error in your name OR it is incomplete OR it has no access to where the file is located.
              The PI simply takes your name verbatim and tries to open a file. If it fails, it assumes it is just text and therefore you hear it spoken,
              Find the typo ...

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                this means that there is an error in your name OR it is incomplete OR it has no access to where the file is located.
                The PI simply takes your name verbatim and tries to open a file. If it fails, it assumes it is just text and therefore you hear it spoken,
                Find the typo ...
                oh ok. maybe i am not putting the correct path. i dont know how to see where my mp3 has uploaded to, the path i am using is one i found when i tried to upload a mp3 that already exists and the error message said this path Error uploading file: Could not create file "/usr/local/HomeSeer/Media/welcome.to.quake.3.arena.sound.max.mp3". File already exists.

my raspberry pi is all the way in the basement so it can not reach my tv for me to log on and look at the directories. it would be better if there was a command prompt in hs4. im not sure what to do exactly.

Comment

Find the typo ...
                  there is no typo. i copy and pasted that file with path and i only hear the tts. i read somewhere on the forum that i might need to disable the read file contents option in the event, but i dont see that cjeck box in hs4.

Comment

Originally posted by FrogKiss View Post

there is no typo. i copy and pasted that file with path and i only hear the tts. i read somewhere on the forum that i might need to disable the read file contents option in the event, but i dont see that cjeck box in hs4.
                    See my other response on other thread, can you confirm this is a Sonos issue or a Chromecast issue. If the latter, this is the wrong forum

Comment

See my other response on other thread, can you confirm this is a Sonos issue or a Chromecast issue. If the latter, this is the wrong forum
                      its for a google home not sonos

Comment

Working...
                      X