Another TTS help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another TTS help needed

I have spent the last week trying to find a solution in the forums but I have not been able to reconnect my TTS to my Sonos for the past month. When I try to test an audio file I get the following error :

Legacy-Plugin Sonos Error Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 100 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.

Then my Sonos PC Controller app pops up with this error

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2.png
Views:	161
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1466214

Things I have tried:
    -Reread Sonos/Help/Help.htm
    -Deleting All Players
    -Uninstalling and reinstalling plugin
    -Deleting .ini file
    -Turning off Firewall
    -Adding new different firewall permissions
    -Deleting \html\Sonos\Announcements contents
    -Running HS4 as Admin
    -I can start and stop music from HS4 (as long at the announcement isn't in progress)

Is there anything else I can try?

Name:	Screenshot_3.png
Views:	283
Size:	249.8 KB
ID:	1466213

Current Date/Time: 3/30/2021 9:40:50 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Standard Edition 4.1.14.0
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 2 Days 23 Hours 56 Minutes 33 Seconds
    Number of Devices: 466
    Number of Events: 21
    Available Threads: 1023
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender
    In Virtual Machine: No MFG: msi
    Enabled Plug-Ins
    5.14.3.6: mcsMQTT
    3.1.0.16: MeiHarmonyHub
    4.0.22.0: Philips Hue
    4.0.1.0: Rachio
    3.1.0.53: Sonos
    4.0.8.1: Unifi
    4.0.4.0: Wemo
    3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

Name:	Screenshot_4.png
Views:	148
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	1466215

Can you post your player table and what is the IP address of HS (interested on URL when you pull up the web/pi screens). The error seems to indicate that the player has no access to the file. So anything special about your network? Any routers or wireless accesspoint (using NAT), VLANs, VMs, containers?

Comment

I see you use an S1 controller, do you have a split Sonos configuration (ie S1 and S2 controllers)?

Comment

HS IP is 192.168.1.141

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_6.png Views:	0 Size:	329.5 KB ID:	1466286

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_5.png Views:	0 Size:	25.0 KB ID:	1466284

Network: Unifi Dream Machine Pro + 2 access points, but TTS was working when I had setup my system, so would have to software update if network related. I haven't touched VLANs.
        The PC that runs HS does also run Docker.
        Around the time the audio stopped, I did switch Docker to WSL2 and tried installing & running VirtualBox. I ended up not using VirtualBox, but still have it installed. HS doesn't run on a VM.
        I only run the S1 configuration.

Comment

As you can see from the error, the player thinks it needs to reach 192.168.56.1
          If you go to the HS settings, what is the network binding set to? The PI queries HS which IP address it is using and uses that. I suspect that HS is confused or set wrong and the PI received 192.168.56.1 which might not be routable. Just the fact that you fire up docker on your machine will automatically activate a virtual bridge on your PC and I suspect the issue resides there somewhere.

Comment

Just tested, both of these work through a browser from my HS computer

http://192.168.56.1/Sonos/Announcements/Ann_TTS_0.mp3
            http://192.168.1.141/Sonos/Announcements/Ann_TTS_0.mp3

So I guess the question is how I changed my Lan IP to this 192.168.56.1?

Name:	Screenshot_7.png
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	1466291

Comment

Originally posted by scotters12 View Post
              Just tested, both of these work through a browser from my HS computer

http://192.168.56.1/Sonos/Announcements/Ann_TTS_0.mp3
              http://192.168.1.141/Sonos/Announcements/Ann_TTS_0.mp3

So I guess the question is how I changed my Lan IP to this 192.168.56.1?

Name:	Screenshot_7.png
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	1466291
              Check your network bindings in the HS settings. Are they no-binding or set to select 192.168.56.1? Either way, you can correct there and make sure you restart the PI as it only retrieves the HS used IP address at init

Comment

Solved! Thanks for the help.

I ended up disabling the two ethernet connections that virtualbox had created and it all works now! back to standard IP address 192.168.1.141

Name:	Screenshot_8.png
Views:	130
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	1466318

Comment

Originally posted by scotters12 View Post
                  Solved! Thanks for the help.

I ended up disabling the two ethernet connections that virtualbox had created and it all works now! back to standard IP address 192.168.1.141

Name:	Screenshot_8.png
Views:	130
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	1466318
                  No surprise, have seen same thing on my machines when you fire up docker, use VMs or VPNs, all tend to fire up virtual bridges ranging from pure bridges to NAT devices with own DHCP and suddenly IP addressing is all over the place

Comment

Working...
                  X