Sonos Roam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos Roam?

Thinking about purchasing the new Bluetooth enabled Sonos Roam. Has anyone tried it with this plugin? Wondering how it might work.

Works like any other player. Only difference is that the player, when on battery, will go to sleep and therefore the plugin cannot communicate with it anymore. This behavior is the same for the Sonos Move.
    The HS4 version of the PI has an option to send a WOL (Wake on Lan) to wake it from sleep so you could send commands to it. The HS4 version also has a device to show/track the battery level of the Move/Roam and shows new states such as "Sleeping".

Comment

Awesome thanks. I plan on keeping it on a charger full time. Wonder if that keeps it awake all the time or not. Mainly want it to enable Bluetooth and play Bluetooth source through other speakers.

Comment

If you put it on power it stays on. I haven't tried the bluetooth yet on the roam (don't see button and haven't read manual ) but on the Sonos Move, there is a button. Once you set the Move in bluetooth, you actually lose all control of it (including Sonos App) and don't think you can use any app to switch back, apart from using the button again to set back to "normal" mode. Haven't tried the Roam yet, will do next, if I can find out how to put it in bluetooth, perhaps just pairing it makes it switch automatically.

Comment

Well a bit more involved to get the Roam set to bluetooth BUT when on bluetooth, the Roam remains accessible for control , so its behavior seems different (better) than the Move. It also shows what is being streamed via bluetooth, quite cool.

Comment

Im sold. Unfortunately it's now backordered to mid June.

Comment

Working...
            X