Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error playing a playlist - can you help decipher this log entry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error playing a playlist - can you help decipher this log entry?

I have an event that plays a playlist on a particular zone. The problem is that often when I call the event, nothing happens. This has now happened a number of times and I'm trying to figure out the cause.

2011 8:32:09 PM ~!~SONOSCONTROLLER~!~GetTrackMetaData error in getting XML. ObjecID = S://ROARK/Music/playlists/Lullaby%20RioRoark%202008Mar13.m3u for zoneplayer = Portable and error - Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040378
    2/4/2011 8:32:09 PM ~!~SONOSCONTROLLER~!~ERROR in AddTrackToQueue for zoneplayer = Portable with UPNP Error = Sonos error - undefined. Error=-2147220536. Error = Exception from HRESULT: 0x800403C8
    2/4/2011 8:32:09 PM ~!~SONOSCONTROLLER~!~AddTrackToQueue called with URI = x-file-cifs://ROARK/Music/playlists/Lullaby%20RioRoark%202008Mar13.m3u MetaData= QueuePosition=1 EnqueuedNext=True
    2/4/

This command often works just fine, but just not always. . .

Tim

Originally posted by timlacey View Post
    I have an event that plays a playlist on a particular zone. The problem is that often when I call the event, nothing happens. This has now happened a number of times and I'm trying to figure out the cause.

2011 8:32:09 PM ~!~SONOSCONTROLLER~!~GetTrackMetaData error in getting XML. ObjecID = S://ROARK/Music/playlists/Lullaby%20RioRoark%202008Mar13.m3u for zoneplayer = Portable and error - Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040378

This command often works just fine, but just not always. . .

Tim
    Tim,

this error is "Cannot process the request", which you will typically get when the player is already processing something else or perhaps the zone player has no access to the S://ROARK/Music/playlists/Lullaby RioRoark 2008Mar13.m3u file. I think the latter is something you can test easily by taking the server off-line or is that perhaps on the same PC, maybe the file is locked by another program like itunes or Media player (??). If you cannot take the server off-line, just rename the file to do a test and see if you have the same error. Could you describe how the event and subsequent actions are set-up. Are there any other UPNP controllers active in your network?

Just a dump off the top of my head

Dirk

Comment

Tim,

I did a quick test here. Took my file server off line and tried to play a playlist. Got exactly the same error

2/5/2011 10:03:54 AM SONOSCONTROLLER GetTrackMetaData called for zoneplayer = Office2 with URI= S://MAXIE/OurMusic/Die%20Kreuzen/October%20File/die%20kreuzen%20-%20october%20file%20die%20kreuzen.m3u and BrowseOnlyMetaData = False
      2/5/2011 10:03:57 AM
      SONOSCONTROLLER GetTrackMetaData error in getting XML. ObjecID = S://MAXIE/OurMusic/Die%20Kreuzen/October%20File/die%20kreuzen%20-%20october%20file%20die%20kreuzen.m3u for zoneplayer = Office2 and error - Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040378

Would focus on files access (or lack thereof) when you have this error.

Hope this helps

Dirk

Comment

Hmm. . . I've noticed that sometimes when I open the SONOS app on my PC that it might not be resposive for 20 seconds or so. . . then it works flawlessly. If only I could identify the reason for it to be "offline."

I know I don't have any IP address errors, since I run DHCP with addresses assigned by MAC address (so effectively static addressing). My wireless N/G is all on channel 1, and I know SONOS uses channel 6.

I never have any problem at all playing anything from my ipod, but sometimes the PC and apparently homeseer see it as offline at times, if only for 10-20 seconds.

The files in question are all on an always-on ReadyNAS unit.

I had been using Rhapsody or Pandora prior to trying to send the play playlsit command. . . could it have to switch to the music library from a music service and there is a delay in that process? If so, I could send a command (like zoneplayer STOP), then wait 5 seconds, and then send another command to play my playlist. maybe the first command would "wake it up" and make it responsive.

I use touchscreens to send stop play, pause, next, prev to zoneplayers and those commands always generally work without any "wake up".

I have no other UPNP servers to confuse anybody. (or do windows machines all use UPNP for the media sharing?)

The event in question is simply a "when light X is turned off, SONOS action: zoneplayer Y to play playlist Z". nothing any mroe complicated than that. It is not scripted - it's done as a homeseer event.

Tim

Comment

Hi Tim,

is the NAS attached via Ethernet or via a USB connection somewhere. If USB, is the port set to not power down to save power. If Ethernet, does the NAS have a power save option that require it to Wake on Lan? Or perhaps the Ethernet port has a power saving option. Any firewalls active that may slow down things, especially if you are swapping memory.

Interesting observation you make about going from Rhapsody / Pandora to playlist, never noticed a problem but there could always be some combination that Sonos doesn't like. Does this problem show more when the player (and NAS) had been idle for a while or always when the player is already playing something? See if you can detect a pattern.

Dirk

Comment

Interesting point. . . my NAS drives do spin down after 30 minutes of inactivity and perhaps the SONOS is stalling while trying to access the drive as it spins back up. . . in fact, I bet that is the answer!

I know that sometimes windows will time out after accessing a shared drive that is asleep. Then I try again and it works, because it has gotten back up.

I need a way to ping that NAS prior to calling the SONOS. I suppose I can perform some file action on the NAS, then wait 5 seconds, then call the SONOS. . . it might solve the problem. . . or I'll lengthen the time for the NAS to sleep as well. . .

Thanks! I love the plug-in.

Tim

Comment

Working...
            X