Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

# of UPnP Elements

Hi Dirk,

I couldnt seem to find this in the help system, what is the default for # of UPnP Elements?

Can you comment on what should happen if this was to be changed?

thanks

mark

Originally posted by markesdale View Post
    Hi Dirk,

I couldnt seem to find this in the help system, what is the default for # of UPnP Elements?

Can you comment on what should happen if this was to be changed?

thanks

mark
    Mark,

If you leave it empty, the plug-in will send out requests at a limit of 50. Normally one doesn't have to specify a limit and the UPnP subsystem figures it all out. Unfortunately, a long time ago, a user tested it on (I believe) Windows Server 2003, if my memory serves me right, it was on a Hometroller and he wasn't eager to spend xx$ on an latest Service Pack upgrade. For his set-up, it simply wasn't working until we backed off the # of UPnP elements (which is typically around 450) to around 50. After that I made the default 50, it is a bit faster if you use a higher number but it only plays a role when you build your Music Database, that's the time that you pull tens of thousands of UPnP elements across your network.

So my guidance, leave as is, unless you really want to play around and see if you can improve your time it takes to create a MusicDB, which by the way is heavily affected as well by the horsepower of your PC, so if you have a slow PC, changing the number might not change a whole lot. To be fair, I have it set at home at 450. Zero would remove the limit.

Does this help?

Dirk

Comment

thanks

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for a great explanation.

Mark

Comment

Working...
      X