Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intermittent Issue

Hi,

I have just purchased the plugin after using MichaelD's plugin for several years.

I have a strange problem that happened with Michaels plugin and is still happening with this plugin.

Occasionally (probably about 1 in 5) after making an anouncement one of my zones does not return to the original state it was in before the anouncement started. Before an anouncement, the zone that has the problem is always in the stop state, with its source set to a line input on another zone (not the Homeser line input). After the anouncement this zone does not go back to the stop state but rather goes into play mode.

If I put the zone into pause mode (in the middle of an audio track) the problem never happens - it only happens if the zone is in stop mode with the source as this particular line input.

Any ideas why or a way around it ?

Thanks

Mark

Further update - this problem happens on ANY zone that is in the stop state and sourced to the particular line input.

Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,

I'll have a look at it. Your analysis is probably spot-on, already knew that joining a zone to the audio-input of another zone automatically puts it in "play" mode. Need to have a look at my implementation why the saved state ("stop") isn't doing its job.

Stay tuned and thanks for the posting

Dirk

Comment

New beta V.63 released solving this problem

Changes to v1.0.0.63:

• Zones remained in status "Linked" in the plug-in after they were linked/unlinked, causing wrong track-info to be reported
        • Zones which are linked to an audio Input will start playing, even if in stop state, after an announcement

Comment

Thanks for the beta - but the problem is still happening. A zone that was previously in the stop state for another line input starts playing it again after an anouncement. Strangely it does not happen every time an anouncement is made - only sometimes, and not on every zone every time!

Comment

Hi Mark,

the problem was in the Sonos player implementation. When a zone is set to an audio input of another player, for whatever reason, that player ignores a "Stop" command and only accepts a "Play" or "Pause" command.

I changed the implementation so that the plug-in would send Pause commands rather then stop commands when linked to an audio-input. Now I wonder whether this is just a start-up problem where the plug-in at start-up tries to figure out what configurations and state the players are in. When they are linked or paired they tend to not report anything at start-up until an event happens (start/stop/pause).

Check the following: go to the HS device status page and for those players that are not behaving properly, check their state. Are they in a "Linked" state? If not, click on the Play/Pause button which should get the plug-in synched up on state (remember to refresh the status page). See if it still exists after that. If it does, see if you have some hint which work and which don't. Take debug trace if possible and send me a private email with trace.

Thanks.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
            X