Simple text to speech commands to all devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple text to speech commands to all devices

The plug-in is working very well.I am trying to create a simple command to speak text to all Sonos devices

What I have done so far is to create a event which does temporarily interrupt what is playing but it results in silence.

I don't see how to print print screens of the pages.

In Sonos set up the name of my link group is "text-to-speech"
    one of the Sonos devices is set up as the input. All of the remaining devices are set up to play. I have tried TTS both off and on.

In the event the text as well as$$time$$date is typed in.

I have not specified a playbacks device believing this would play back therefore through all of the devices because that is what the link group specifies.
    $SONOS$TEXT-TO-SPEECH$
    the log entries are

3/2011 3:40:52 PM ~!~ZWave Thermostats~!~1 Thermostats converted Successfully.
    7/3/2011 3:40:54 PM ~!~Network~!~Speaker client connected from: 127.0.0.1
    7/3/2011 3:40:54 PM ~!~Warning~!~Speaker client at 127.0.0.1 (Zotac) was connected because no password is required for the local subnet, but the password, user ID (default), or access rights are NOT valid for a remote network login.
    7/3/2011 3:40:54 PM ~!~Speaker~!~Speaker host added, Name: Zotac IP address: 127.0.0.1
    7/3/2011 3:41:04 PM ~!~Network~!~Remote Speaker Client disconnected from 127.0.0.1
    7/3/2011 3:41:04 PM ~!~ASR~!~Speaker Client speech recognition stopped
    7/3/2011 3:41:59 PM ~!~Event~!~Event Trigger "Speak Hooray Everywhere"
    7/3/2011 3:41:59 PM ~!~SONOSCONTROLLER~!~SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = Hooray <say-as type="date">Sunday, July 3 2011</say-as><say-as type="time">3:41 PM</say-as>, Wait=True, Host = $SONOS$TEXT-TO-SPEECH$
    7/3/2011 3:42:03 PM ~!~SONOSCONTROLLER~!~DoCheckAnnouncementQueue activated with HostName = Text = Hooray <say-as type="date">Sunday, July 3 2011</say-as><say-as type="time">3:41 PM</say-as> and LinkgroupName = TEXT-TO-SPEECH
    7/3/2011 3:42:03 PM ~!~TTS~!~Speak: ():Hooray <say-as type="date">Sunday, July 3 2011</say-as><say-as type="time">3:41 PM</say-as>
    7/3/2011 3:44:41 PM ~!~SONOSCONTROLLER~!~SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = Hooray <say-as type="date">Sunday, July 3 2011</say-as><say-as type="time">3:44 PM</say-as>, Wait=True, Host = $SONOS$TEXT-TO-SPEECH$
    7/3/2011 3:44:44 PM ~!~SONOSCONTROLLER~!~DoCheckAnnouncementQueue activated with HostName = Text = Hooray <say-as type="date">Sunday, July 3 2011</say-as><say-as type="time">3:44 PM</say-as> and LinkgroupName = TEXT-TO-SPEECH
    7/3/2011 3:44:44 PM ~!~TTS~!~Speak: ():Hooray <say-as type="date">Sunday, July 3 2011</say-as><say-as type="time">3:44 PM</say-as>
    7/3/2011 3:46:03 PM ~!~SONOSCONTROLLER~!~BackUpIniFile file copied = C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS2\Config\HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER_ini_Saved_7_3_2011_3_46_03_P M.ini
    7/3/2011 3:47:10 PM ~!~Event~!~Event Trigger "Speak Hooray Everywhere"
    7/3/2011 3:47:10 PM ~!~SONOSCONTROLLER~!~SpeakIn called for Device = 0, Text = Hooray <say-as type="date">Sunday, July 3 2011</say-as><say-as type="time">3:47 PM</say-as>, Wait=True, Host = $SONOS$TEXT-TO-SPEECH$
    7/3/2011 3:47:13 PM ~!~SONOSCONTROLLER~!~DoCheckAnnouncementQueue activated with HostName = Text = Hooray <say-as type="date">Sunday, July 3 2011</say-as><say-as type="time">3:47 PM</say-as> and LinkgroupName = TEXT-TO-SPEECH
    7/3/2011 3:47:13 PM ~!~TTS~!~Speak: ():Hooray <say-as type="date">Sunday, July 3 2011</say-as><say-as type="time">3:47 PM</say-as>

Hi Kevin,

sorry for the slow response, was on vacation without internet access

My first suspicion is that you have not set the "Speak to file" flag in the Sonos config page. If you don't set it, the announcement will be taken from the audio input connector that serves as the Source Zone.

As to how you create screen shots, just hit ctrl+printscreen which will copy the whole screen in the copy buffer. Then go to a utily like "Paint" and paste it. You can now select the relevant part and save it as a .jpg file and upload this file with your posting.

Let me know whether the flag was the culprit, else I need some screen shots or some debug traces (with debug flag on).

Cheers,

Dirk

Comment

Correct-wave box not check-original music won't return

Thank you so much for your help. This is a fun plug-in.
      Absolutely. I overlooked the necessity to check the speech to wave box which then allowed home Seer speech to output the Sonos units interrupting their original music.

The original music that was playing does not return however. The help file (and yes I really do try to read them :-)) states. This will occur if I have the event perform a second redundant link or a second redundant unlink. Or I think that is my understanding. I have created the two relevant print screens. I am sorry. I simply don't see where the upload link is on the message board. :-)

Thank you for the basic help. I would like to upload these screens to finish explaining the situation. :-)
      Thank you in advance Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by kbrady View Post
        The original music that was playing does not return however.
        Hi Kevin, looks like we are making progress. Here are some questions:
        1. what music were you playing? Depending on the service, you may not get back to where you were interrupted. Example: if you were listening to a track stored on your server (or PC), the plugin will continue exactly where it was interrupted. If you were listening to an internet live radio station, obviously you will miss something. If you were listening to a service like LastFm (and I think also Pandora), because the service was stopped, a new song will begin after the announcement is over. So what was it in your case, what service?
        2. can you be more specific about "what music is not returning". You have either nothing or it is just a different song. If the latter, it might be the service, if the prior and you have silence after the announcement is over, check the status of the involved players. Are they in pause mode, stop mode or are they still linked to the source zone (the zone that actually plays the announcement)? This info may give me a clue of what's going on.

Back to your attachments, look at the screen shot that I have attached. In red you can see the button to upload screen shots. If you have no sound after the announcement, go to the sonos config page, turn on the debug flag, save it, redo your announcement and email or upload the debug log, that will help to see what is going on.

Good luck,

Dirk
        Attached Files

Comment

Resolved!

Thank you for such a thorough and prompt response.!

yes. I wasn't explaining it very well but the problem was that after the announcement my source music was not returning. By making the source music files off of my music server that corrected the problem. I am certain that the previous problem of program material not returning after the announcement had to do with Internet radio streaming process on one of my stations.

Thank you for hand walking me through the file posting process. I was simply missing it.

Much appreciated.
          Kevin

Comment

Working...
          X