Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues setting up plugin

Okay, so here we go!

I'll preface this by saying that I am relatively new to Homeseer, though I have been "toying" with it over the past year. I'm currently running some basic z-wave devices in my house but this is really my first attempt at working with a plugin.

After installing the plugin and activating it, I can't seem to get it to "see" my Sonos zone player. Anytime I click on the "sonos config" button, I get the following error:

"Error in Page load with error = Index was outside the bounds of the array."

I also get this warning in the log during Homeseer bootup, right after the SONOSCONTROLLER plugin initializes:

"GetDevice is not reliable for device enumeration. Please use the new GetDeviceEnumerator method."

I saw a couple references to the "index was outside the bounds" error within this forum, but I'm not sure how to solve it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am an avid Sonos user and am looking forward to the possibility of making this an integral part of my Homeseer setup.

Thanks,
    Mark

Hi Zini,

The warning is harmless, don't worry about that.
    What HS version, plugin version, OS version, .NET version are you using? Not sure I ever saw this problem so hopefully this is a simple one.

Could you private email me the sonoscontroller.ini file and the start up log? You can find the .ini file under the hs root directory in subdirectory \configs. If something got corrupted in the .ini file, you can always stop hs, delete the sonoscontroller.ini file and start hs again, see if that takes care of business. How many players do you have?

Hope to get you up and running asap

Dirk

Comment

Zini, one more thing, make sure the players are accessible from the HS PC through your local LAN. Easiest test is to run the Sonos client on that PC in case you have some doubt.
      Dirk

Comment

Dirk -

Thanks so much for your help. I actually got the plugin working to the point where it now sees my Zone Player and I can use HS to control the basics. (long story here, but I had an Ooma phone box that I was temporarily using as a switch under my desk, which I had so the computer was on a different subnet... dumb me!)

My main goal is to be able to play HS announcements over my Sonos system.

One issue I am now having though is that I can't seem to create any new Link Groups. I can create one, and it appears on the config page, but when I navigate away from the config page and then come back to it, it's gone.

Is there something obvious that I am missing? I've spent a lot of time pouring over your documentation... which is great, by the way... but I can't seem to figure out if I'm missing something here.

Thanks,
        Mark

Comment

Originally posted by zini View Post
          One issue I am now having though is that I can't seem to create any new Link Groups. I can create one, and it appears on the config page, but when I navigate away from the config page and then come back to it, it's gone.
          Hi Mark, before leaving the page, you are clicking on "Save" at the bottom of the page, right?

Dirk

Comment

Yep, I definitely am.

I can't figure it out. It adds the new link group, I enter the information, then click save, and then when I leave the sonos plugin page and come back to it, it's gone.

Comment

Which browser are you using? There have been problems with some plugins when not using IE.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am using IE. I didn't try it any other browsers as I've always used IE for HS.

Comment

Hi Mark,

does anything else on that page work? Can you for example set the debug flag, save it, go out of the page (careful, don't hit refresh) and back in, is it still set?

If nothing on the page works, my first suspicion would be some security settings on the file or sub-directory preventing the web page from saving anything.

Check if there are any errors in the HS-Log. Turn the plug-in's debug flag on and see if any errors show up.

Could you take a screenshot of what you entered on that page. Perhaps email me your sonoscontroller.ini file

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,

It will save all the top options that I set on the plugin config page, but it just won't save the link group table.

I'll take a screenshot and send you the .ini file now.

Thanks,
                    Mark

Comment

Dirk -

Actually, could you PM me your email so that I can send you the file? Maybe I'm missing something here, but is there any other way to send a file through this message board?

Thanks,
                      Mark

Comment

Originally posted by zini View Post
                        Dirk -

Actually, could you PM me your email so that I can send you the file? Maybe I'm missing something here, but is there any other way to send a file through this message board?

Thanks,
                        Mark
                        Mark, I've added you to my contact list, I think you should be able to email me now.

Dirk

Comment

Dirk - I got it!

I ended up deleting and reinstalling the plugin and now everything works great. I have the plugin successfully speaking through my house Sonos system.

So I'm good! At least for now...

What a GREAT plugin. I'll definitely be purchasing. To me, this makes my HS system that much more useful. Great work.

Comment

SONOSCONTROLLER setup problems

Hi, I hare a similar problem i think.
                            Have installed the plugin ,(v-1.0.0.63) but my zones will not
                            show, (under "Link Group Table" in config), I cant play pause ore chose sonosplayers in homeseer.
                            I get these errors in log:

08.10.2011 15:11:43 - SONOSCONTROLLER - FindZonePlayers: Attempting to locate all connected ZonePlayers. This may take up to 9 seconds.
                            08.10.2011 15:11:52 - SONOSCONTROLLER - FindZonePlayers - Discovery succeeded: 0 ZonePlayer(s) found.
                            08.10.2011 15:11:52 - SONOSCONTROLLER - No Zone Players found. Please ensure the network is functional and that ZonePlayer devices are attached.
                            08.10.2011 15:11:52 - SONOSCONTROLLER - CreateSonosControllers: found 1 Device Codes
                            08.10.2011 15:11:52 - SONOSCONTROLLER - WriteSonosNamesToIniFile wrote new string
                            08.10.2011 15:11:52 - SONOSCONTROLLER - SortZonePlayers called. ZoneCount = 1
                            08.10.2011 15:13:00 - SONOSCONTROLLER - DoCheckChange Called
                            08.10.2011 15:16:55 - SONOSCONTROLLER - DoRediscover called
                            08.10.2011 15:16:55 - SONOSCONTROLLER - FindZonePlayers: Attempting to locate all connected ZonePlayers. This may take up to 9 seconds.
                            08.10.2011 15:17:04 - SONOSCONTROLLER - FindZonePlayers - Discovery succeeded: 0 ZonePlayer(s) found.
                            08.10.2011 15:17:04 - SONOSCONTROLLER - No Zone Players found. Please ensure the network is functional and that ZonePlayer devices are attached.
                            08.10.2011 15:17:05 - SONOSCONTROLLER - CreateSonosControllers: found 1 Device Codes
                            08.10.2011 15:17:05 - SONOSCONTROLLER - WriteSonosNamesToIniFile wrote new string
                            08.10.2011 15:17:05 - SONOSCONTROLLER - SortZonePlayers called. ZoneCount = 1
                            08.10.2011 15:17:42 - SONOSCONTROLLER - Error in Page load with error = Index was outside the bounds of the array.

I have sonos zoneplayer 90 and play3 setup and working on windows 7, not in HS.

Can sombody point me in the right direction?
                            Last edited by Mrodseth; October 8, 2011, 08:32 AM.

Comment

when I try to ad a Link Group in sonosconfig i get this error:

08.10.2011 17:29:13 - SONOSCONTROLLER - Error in Page load with error = Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Comment

Working...
                              X