Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing Sonos Controller breaks DooMotion & mcsXap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Sonos Controller breaks DooMotion & mcsXap?

Finally made the plunge & purchased a few Sonos units - great devices! I then installed the Sonos plugin as a trial and it seems like a great addition to my HA system. I'm looking forward to learning all that I can do with it!

This morning I noticed that DooMotion events were not running and, upon investigation, discovered that the plugin was not initialized due to a database connectivity error:
    Code:
    12/28/2011 8:08:32 AM ~!~Error~!~Initializing interface: DooMotion->Error encountered initializing DooMotion database. Error occurred on line 11 of Database.InitDatabase [Unable to cast COM object of type 'ADODB.ConnectionClass' to interface type 'ADODB._Connection'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00001550-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).] {2.4.0.0}
    I then noticed that mcsXap was having a similar issue:
    Code:
    12/28/2011 8:08:33 AM ~!~mcsXap~!~CreateXapTable Line 60 Unable to cast COM object of type 'ADODB.ConnectionClass' to interface type 'ADODB._Connection'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00001550-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).
    Both of these plugins have been running properly for a very long time and multiple reboots of the system have not changed the situation.

Any thoughts as to why installing the Sonos plugin would break database connectivity for these two plugins?
    Last edited by mfisher; December 29, 2011, 10:31 AM.
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Also have a problem when installing the Sonos plugin, it breaks BLRadar.

Code:
    28/12/2011 17:04:54 	BLRadar Error 	DatabaseFunctionsSingleton.PerformDatabaseUpdate(): sqlUpdateString: DELETE from tblSensorActivity WHERE txtDateTime < #12/18/2011 17:4:54#
    28/12/2011 17:04:54 	BLRadar Error 	DatabaseFunctionsSingleton.PerformDatabaseUpdate(): DatabasePathAndName: C:\Program Files\Homeseer HSPRO\Data\BLRadar\BLRadar.mdb
    28/12/2011 17:04:54 	BLRadar Error 	DatabaseFunctionsSingleton.PerformDatabaseUpdate(): An error has occurred during database update statement: Unable to cast COM object of type 'ADODB.ConnectionClass' to interface type 'ADODB._Connection'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00001550-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).
    28/12/2011 17:04:54 	BLRadar Error 	DatabaseFunctionsSingleton.GetADODBConnection(): Caught exception opening database connection: Unable to cast COM object of type 'ADODB.ConnectionClass' to interface type 'ADODB._Connection'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{00001550-0000-0010-8000-00AA006D2EA4}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).
    Have to reinstall BLRadar to fix it.

Comment

Check to see if the adodb.dll is found in the HomeSeer directory structure.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        Check to see if the adodb.dll is found in the HomeSeer directory structure.
        If was about to write that I had no clue why these other plugins would stop working but Rupp has a point. The SonosController plugin installs two additional DLLs in the <hs root>\html\bin subdirectory.

They are:

• Interop.ADODB.dll
        • Interop.UPNPLIB.dll

Both are provided as part of Windows (.NET I believe). The ADODB.dll is version 6.0.0.0. The installer typically doesn't overwrite newer files so I wonder whether the sonoscontroller uses a newer version which causes a compatibility issue with the other plugins.

If you learn anything more, could you post it here, I'll do some more investigation here.

Dirk

Comment

The problem is with Interop.ADODB.dll in the hs root

Sonos installs ver 6.0.0.0

BLRadar installs ver 2.8.0.0

Comment

Originally posted by 8r1an View Post
            The problem is with Interop.ADODB.dll in the hs root

Sonos installs ver 6.0.0.0

BLRadar installs ver 2.8.0.0
            Currently making some changes to NOT use the Interop.ADODB.dll (COM Object) but use the .NET adodb.dll.

Currently testing it but may need another 1/2 hour or so. I'll post it here first and would appreciate if you could provide feedback whether that takes care of the problem before I posted it on the normal place (http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...45&postcount=1)

Dirk

Comment

New beta v.76 posted

A new beta was posted here (http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...45&postcount=1). This Beta is not using the Interop.ADODB.dll anymore so hopefully that will take care of the interop problem.

Not sure what the installer will do, on my setup it removed the Interop.ADODB.dll file from the \html\bin folder, so check what is happening on your system, perhaps store a copy in another folder (or under other name) and if need be, copy the file that came with the other plugins manually.

Let me know if this takes care of your interop issue.

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,

Installed .76 the installer did remove the Interop.ADODB.dll from hs root and the \html\bin folder.
                Copied back from a backup and now seems to be working OK.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 8r1an View Post
                  Dirk,

Installed .76 the installer did remove the Interop.ADODB.dll from hs root and the \html\bin folder.
                  Copied back from a backup and now seems to be working OK.

Thanks

GREAT!

Brian, thanks for the update and enjoy the SonosController plugin.

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,

I installed .76 (which did remove interop.ADODB.dll), dropped a backup of interop.ADODB.dll (v2.8.0.0) into the HS root and html\bin directories and now both DooMotion and mcsXap appear to be operating normally.

Thanks so much for the quick fix!
                    Best regards,
                    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Working...
                    X