Sonos with erros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos with erros

I am getting this error everytime my ultraweather bug plugin recieves a weather alert, any idea whats happening here?

2/11/2012 7:18:38 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 100 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.

2/11/2012 7:20:00 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - DoCheckAnnouncementQueue activated with HostName = Text = Weather alert. Posted on: 2/11/2012 7:02:00 PM Expires on: 2/12/2012 9:00:00 AM Type: Freeze Watch Title: A FREEZE WATCH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8:00AM EST MONDAY, FEBRUARY 13 FREEZE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 8 AM EST SUNDAY UNTIL 9:00AM EST FOR FL: Hernando,Pasco,Hillsborough,Polk - -FREEZE WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH MONDAY MORNING- -LAKE WIND ADVISORY WILL EXPIRE AT 7 PM EST THIS EVENING- * TEMPERATURE-BELOW FREEZING FOR 2 TO 4 HOURS WITH LOWS AROUND 30 DEGREES. * IMPACTS-TEMPERATURES THIS COLD CAN KILL SENSITIVE VEGETATION THAT IS NOT PROPERLY PROTECTED. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS- RESIDENTS SHOULD COVER OR MOVE INDOORS ANY COLD SENSITIVE PLANTS-AND BRING PETS INDOORS THIS EVENING. A FREEZE WARNING IS ISSUED FOR 2 OR MORE HOURS OF TEMPERATURES BETWEEN 27 AND 32 OVER A WIDESPREAD AREA. and LinkgroupName = TTS

the first error is writen in red, the second is in yellow.
    it starts to saying the alert, but then all of a sudden it gets stuck in a phrase. FYI I am using the recent ver.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    I am getting this error everytime my ultraweather bug plugin recieves a weather alert, any idea whats happening here?

2/11/2012 7:18:38 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 100 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.

2/11/2012 7:20:00 PM - SONOSCONTROLLER - DoCheckAnnouncementQueue activated with HostName = Text = Weather alert. Posted on: 2/11/2012 7:02:00 PM Expires on: 2/12/2012 9:00:00 AM Type: Freeze Watch Title: A FREEZE WATCH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8:00AM EST MONDAY, FEBRUARY 13 FREEZE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 8 AM EST SUNDAY UNTIL 9:00AM EST FOR FL: Hernando,Pasco,Hillsborough,Polk - -FREEZE WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH MONDAY MORNING- -LAKE WIND ADVISORY WILL EXPIRE AT 7 PM EST THIS EVENING- * TEMPERATURE-BELOW FREEZING FOR 2 TO 4 HOURS WITH LOWS AROUND 30 DEGREES. * IMPACTS-TEMPERATURES THIS COLD CAN KILL SENSITIVE VEGETATION THAT IS NOT PROPERLY PROTECTED. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS- RESIDENTS SHOULD COVER OR MOVE INDOORS ANY COLD SENSITIVE PLANTS-AND BRING PETS INDOORS THIS EVENING. A FREEZE WARNING IS ISSUED FOR 2 OR MORE HOURS OF TEMPERATURES BETWEEN 27 AND 32 OVER A WIDESPREAD AREA. and LinkgroupName = TTS

the first error is writen in red, the second is in yellow.
    it starts to saying the alert, but then all of a sudden it gets stuck in a phrase. FYI I am using the recent ver.
    This means that within 100 seconds I didn't see the zone move to the stopped state. You say it stops halfway? If you look at your zone controller itself for the zone that is playing the announcement, what state is it in (play, paused ....), anything still shown either player or in its queue?

Is this easy to reproduce? If so, can your turn the debug flag on, do the announcement, wait for the error and email me the HS log file.

Strangely enough, why does the error appear before the announcement. I can't see colors in your posting, is the second line (times stamp = 2/11/2012 7:20:00 PM) in yellow?

Thanks.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

Strangely enough, why does the error appear before the announcement. I can't see colors in your posting, is the second line (times stamp = 2/11/2012 7:20:00 PM) in yellow?

Thanks.

Dirk
      Yes the time stamped 2/11/2012 7:20 is the one that's in yellow. It's going to be hard to re annouce the alert. I need to wait until they issue a alert. But I will activate the debug.
      Hector
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Was there anything prior or post from the plugin in the log? If so can you post whatever happened 10 minutes pre and post. Could it be that the combined announcement(s) was longer then 100 seconds?
        Dirk

Comment

Was there anything prior or post from the plugin in the log? If so can you post whatever happened 10 minutes pre and post. Could it be that the combined announcement(s) was longer then 100 seconds?
          Dirk
          Yes Dirk, the annoucement where long, there was a freeze alert a wind chill alert, and a high wind alert also and they all came in the same time one after the other. The alerts come with lots of details. As you can see in my first post.
          Hector
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Yes Dirk, the annoucement where long, there was a freeze alert a wind chill alert, and a high wind alert also and they all came in the same time one after the other. The alerts come with lots of details. As you can see in my first post.
            When I designed the "speak to file" I was concerned that the plugin would miss a stop event and that the plugin would remain in linked state and announcements would get queued indefinitely. So I added a safety valve and took an arbitary number of 100 seconds, assuming all announcements would be over in 100 seconds and if the plugin hadn't seen a stop event, it would automatically stop and unlink all the players bringing them back to its original state.

You may actually be the first to cross that 100 seconds so there are two ways to solve this:
            1. increase the arbitrary number to a larger number ... easy to do
            2. add a config option to allow users with very long announcements to pick a much larger value ... harder to do

Probably I will pick option 2, just need to find some time to implement it.

Dirk

Comment

When I designed the "speak to file" I was concerned that the plugin would miss a stop event and that the plugin would remain in linked state and announcements would get queued indefinitely. So I added a safety valve and took an arbitary number of 100 seconds, assuming all announcements would be over in 100 seconds and if the plugin hadn't seen a stop event, it would automatically stop and unlink all the players bringing them back to its original state.

You may actually be the first to cross that 100 seconds so there are two ways to solve this:
              1. increase the arbitrary number to a larger number ... easy to do
              2. add a config option to allow users with very long announcements to pick a much larger value ... harder to do

Probably I will pick option 2, just need to find some time to implement it.

Dirk
              I agree Dirk, the config option is better for all scenarios that a user might inconter. Sorry for giving you trouble, it that we re having bad weather here in Fl. And the alerts are are coming in almost every hour.
              Hector
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I agree Dirk, the config option is better for all scenarios that a user might inconter. Sorry for giving you trouble, it that we re having bad weather here in Fl. And the alerts are are coming in almost every hour.
                New beta .83 posted that allows you to change the max announcement time setting.

Dirk

Comment

I installed new ver. It installed ok. But I have a question, when you enter X amount of time, does this mean the amount of time per annoucement or amount of time for acumalate announcements ?
                  Hector
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

when you enter X amount of time, does this mean the amount of time per annoucement or amount of time for acumalate announcements ?
                    It is the accumulated time over all back-to-back announcements, or in other words, the seconds between linking the players and unlinking the players.

Dirk

Comment

What would be the down side if I gave it to much time?
                      Hector
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

What would be the down side if I gave it to much time?
                        That if you ever had an issue where the stop event was not generated, you would remain linked for x more seconds, so really not a lot of downside.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                        X