Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add device, shows in config & HS but not HS Touch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add device, shows in config & HS but not HS Touch?

Had 2 ZonePlayers working with HS & HS Touch: LivingRoom (a ZP3) & MasterBedroom (a ZP5.)
    I recently added a new ZP3 and changed things around a bit - I renamed MasterBedroom to FamilyRoom, installed the new ZP and named it MasterBedroom. Everything appeared to be ok in HS as I could control the new & changed devices.

However, I am now trying to add add this new ZP to HS Touch and its not available to select in any of the menus! Specifically, when trying to add a MusicCtrlGrp, it is not listed, and when attempting to change any of the controls within a group, the new zone is not listed.

Further, none of the controls for the LivingRoom work and only the Vol and back/fwd buttons for the FamilyRoom (listed in the control properties as MasterBedroom) work.

So, how do I get this all cleaned up and working properly?

Edit: it also appears that the first ZP I installed in Dec is broken in HS as well as it will not control the ZP and the status and album art do not update when changed using a Sonos app to control the devices. The other two (including the new ZP I just installed) do control the device and the status & art update correctly, but not in HS Touch.
    Last edited by mfisher; February 26, 2012, 02:29 PM.
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
    Had 2 ZonePlayers working with HS & HS Touch. Added a new ZP recently and it appears in the SonosController config & HS/SonosController. However, when trying to add this new ZP to HS Touch its not available to select.
    Specifically, when trying to add a MusicCtrlGrp, it is not listed, and when attempting to change any of the controls within a group, the zone is not listed.

So, how do I add my new ZP group to HS Touch?
    Hi Mark,

Restart HS and see if it shows up now. Took me a while and recently figured out how plugins interact with HST Server, especially for multizone plugins. Somewhere during initialization HST Server calls the plugin and asks how many zones it has. I haven't figured out how to 'tickle" HST Server to ask again the NumberOfInstances much later in life after a new zone is being added.

If that doesn't do the trick, make sure you have the latest beta, as I wrote here, I recently figured out how this interaction works between HST server and plugin and had issues in the past where after a restart of HS, not all zones were showing up in HST designer because the call to GetNumberOfInstances was received before all the zones were discovered leading to either no zones showing up or some missing.

Let me know whether that takes care of things.

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for the unbelieveably quick response!

Ok, rebooting seems to have updated the device info for HS Touch and that seems to be working correctly.

I do notice, however, that the device names in HS were changed as a result of the reboot and they are not correct. Although, things do seem to be correctly named in HS Touch and your config screen. Here's a list of the Sonos names vs the new HS names (as displayed on the HS status screen):

Sonos Name = HS status name
      Living Room = Music Transport - Living Room | Music Rendering - Living Room
      Family Room = Music Transport - Master Bedroom | Music Rendering Master Bedroom
      Master Bedroom = Music Transport - Bedroom | Music Rendering - Bedroom

Can I just change these manually (from HS status) or is there something deeper that I must consider?

I've not yet installed the beta - should I still do this?
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

Comment

I do notice, however, that the device names in HS were changed as a result of the reboot and they are not correct. Although, things do seem to be correctly named in HS Touch and your config screen. Here's a list of the Sonos names vs the new HS names (as displayed on the HS status screen):

Sonos Name = HS status name
        Living Room = Music Transport - Living Room | Music Rendering - Living Room
        Family Room = Music Transport - Master Bedroom | Music Rendering Master Bedroom
        Master Bedroom = Music Transport - Bedroom | Music Rendering - Bedroom

Can I just change these manually (from HS status) or is there something deeper that I must consider?

I've not yet installed the beta - should I still do this?
        Did you by any chance change the zone names, maybe a while back and then perhaps manually change the name in HS?

You can manually change the device name but if you change the name on the zone itself (or pair/unpair them - only for S5 players), the name will be automatically updated. The floor/room information will revert back after an HS restart, I was about to release a new beta that would prevent floor/room from reverting.

Dirk

Comment

I changed the name of what was Master Bedroom (S5) to Family Room using the Sonos software, then I added the new S3 and named it Master Bedroom (again using the Sonos s/w.) I did not change any names in HS.

What is the best way to fix the current situation?
          What is the best method for doing this in the future?
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

Comment

I changed the name of what was Master Bedroom (S5) to Family Room using the Sonos software, then I added the new S3 and named it Master Bedroom (again using the Sonos s/w.) I did not change any names in HS.

What is the best way to fix the current situation?
            What is the best method for doing this in the future?
            Actually as of version .58 you should be able to change names on the zones themselves and they should be updated properly in HS, unless the names were changed on the zone while the plugin was not running. Other reason could be that you used a back-up or older DB of HS and the name change got lost. Last but not least, there is always a possibility that I overlooked something and we have a bug so if you can recreate it, let me know so I know what to look for.

Just change the name in HS, that should do it.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
            X