Sonos Status - 17 = Unknown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure what I'm missing. Sonos plugin works great for turning on and off music already in queue, but when I try to add status conditions for my events it doesn't seem like Sonos is updating it's status.

For example, if I already have Sonos playing in a room, and run an event that plays that same Sonos room but switches to a different channel and starts play (if and only if SonosControllerState IsNotPlaying), the even still runs.

I also tried the Device conditions to ensure that Sonos' current status is Stop or Pause before changing the channel and start playing. Again, the event fires even when the Sonos is already playing something else.

When I look at the attributes of the Sonos devices, they always have a 'Status' of '17-Unknown', 'Supports Status' as 'False', etc.

I'm using the most recent version of the Sonos plugin available in HomeSeer's updater. What am I missing. Appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

Originally posted by SQLGOD View Post
    I'm not sure what I'm missing. Sonos plugin works great for turning on and off music already in queue, but when I try to add status conditions for my events it doesn't seem like Sonos is updating it's status.

For example, if I already have Sonos playing in a room, and run an event that plays that same Sonos room but switches to a different channel and starts play (if and only if SonosControllerState IsNotPlaying), the even still runs.

I also tried the Device conditions to ensure that Sonos' current status is Stop or Pause before changing the channel and start playing. Again, the event fires even when the Sonos is already playing something else.

When I look at the attributes of the Sonos devices, they always have a 'Status' of '17-Unknown', 'Supports Status' as 'False', etc.

I'm using the most recent version of the Sonos plugin available in HomeSeer's updater. What am I missing. Appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!
    I did a quick this yesterday and noted same non functional behavior. Haven't looked at conditions since I coded it 2 years back, it was pretty straight forward. What I can see is that HS is probing the PI for the status when you create the action (with the condition in it) but it isn't querying the PI when the trigger occurs. So I'm not sure why HS is not querying, I wonder whether the behavior was changed or optimized but it appears also to me not to work.

I'll have a look at it. If you are familiar with scripting, you could do the same with a script by directly querying the player state.

Dirk

Comment

Yes, I'd prefer to program SONOS via scripts. The rest of my HS automatiion is done via custom scripts. I was just trying to do a quick-and-dirty program via the HS interface.

I'm reading through the SONOS scripting examples and info now. Can you recommend any one good link to view to walk me through setting up any references or what-not to do SONOS scripting? Tried to run a script a few times and it doesn't seem to be connecting...likely just a learning curve with this type object. I am an apps programmer, but haven't dealt with scripting in a while...

Comment

SQLGOD,

sorry for the slow response but was working on some other issues and had to contact the HS folks.

I need to start here from the beginning. After I read your first posting, I quickly created an event with a trigger "Manual with condition" or "condition" and that was not working. So I had some email exchanges with the HS folks because I couldn't see HS calling my procedures. So after a number of days of no progress I was wondering whether these manual triggers simply ignore conditions so I created a real event and voila, the conditions seem to work (as they used to). Now I did add some code and I sit here wondering if I accidentally fixed it

So maybe the first question I should have asked is for you to post a screenshot of how you created this event, and more specifically how to you test the trigger?

Dirk

Comment

Working...
        X