Question regarding Sonos Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question regarding Sonos Plugin

So, I'm relatively new to HomeSeer and all this.

I'm trying to figure out which WHA system will fit my desires.

Namely, I want to have a few iPads wall mounted around my house to control my lights, security, and whole house audio. I've dabbled in the HSTouch Designer and built some screens to control some Z-Wave lights I already have in my network as well as my thermostat and locks -- time to evaluate WHA.

I'm looking at the Sonos system right now simply because it seems the most robust in being able to stream internet radio (which is primarily what I listen to - spotify, pandora, radiotime, etc).

My question is, is it possible (or has it been done already) to build an interface for HSTouch that allows you to control the Sonos devices using this plugin and browse sources such as Pandora, Radiotime, etc on the iPad via HSTouch?

I'm thinking something like the way the Sonos controller works where you get a menu of sources, can tap Pandora, then scroll through the list of Pandora channels, then select one to play on the selected Sonos device?

Is this even possible using HomeSeer/Sonos plugin?

Thanks!

Yes. there's a hs touch template for the sonos plugin that will take of this for you. I know you can save like Sirius channels and playlists as "stations". You can then just hit the button and it will switch to that selection. Not sure if that same exact functionality is available for Pandora but I have a feeling it is. Search this forum and you'll find all you need.
    HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Originally posted by Mario23 View Post
      Yes. there's a hs touch template for the sonos plugin that will take of this for you. I know you can save like Sirius channels and playlists as "stations". You can then just hit the button and it will switch to that selection. Not sure if that same exact functionality is available for Pandora but I have a feeling it is. Search this forum and you'll find all you need.
      Interesting.

I'll do some more digging.

However, I am having an issue where in the HomeSeer Interfaces config for the Play:3 I own when I hit "Radio Stations", I get the following:

8/16/2012 11:08:01 AM - SonosController - Error in LibGetRadioStationlists for zone Main unable to open RadioStation DB with error- Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO\html\SonosController\MusicDb\SonosRadioStationsDB.mdb' .

in the log. Is this something that is supposed to have been built? Or is there some process to build this?

I've already played a couple Pandora streams through the Sonos so I know it is working.

Comment

As I recall, the stations database its refering to is populated by you actually playing those different stations. After you've played a few, they would then be available from the list.

If you look at the page for your player by selecting it from the sonos plugin up top, you will see the list of channels or playlists available in the library box on the left.
        HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Originally posted by Mario23 View Post
          As I recall, the stations database its refering to is populated by you actually playing those different stations. After you've played a few, they would then be available from the list.

If you look at the page for your player by selecting it from the sonos plugin up top, you will see the list of channels or playlists available in the library box on the left.
          I actually figured it out. There is a "Learn Radio Stations" checkbox that is defaulted off, so it didn't build the Radio Stations database file.

It looks like once checked, and I played Pandora through the main Sonos interface, it learned it.

Edit:

Must be partially figured out. While Pandora stations add, when I try to add a streaming channel such as Digitally Imported (any of them), they don't update the player or HomeSeer interface.

I even added a DI channel as a "Favorite Playlist" in the Sonos interface and when I hit "Playlists" in the HomeSeer Sonos interface, it doesn't show up.
          Last edited by ClemsonJeeper; August 16, 2012, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ClemsonJeeper View Post
            Must be partially figured out. While Pandora stations add, when I try to add a streaming channel such as Digitally Imported (any of them), they don't update the player or HomeSeer interface.

I even added a DI channel as a "Favorite Playlist" in the Sonos interface and when I hit "Playlists" in the HomeSeer Sonos interface, it doesn't show up.
            I'm currently on travel for next week so have no access to my system.

What is a streaming channel exactly? Is DI the name of this channel? The Plugin has specific code to try to learn radio stations, because there is nothing available in the Sonos interface to pull that information out of the players. I added some over the years because they actually provide enough information while they are playing so something reasonable (like channel name etc) can be stored in a database. Will have to look at this so please describe how you select a streaming channel or is this an internet radio station? Those you can store as a favorite radiostation and would show up if you refresh your music database. However you wrote you can store them as a favorite playlist which should also show up after you refresh your music database.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
              I'm currently on travel for next week so have no access to my system.

What is a streaming channel exactly? Is DI the name of this channel? The Plugin has specific code to try to learn radio stations, because there is nothing available in the Sonos interface to pull that information out of the players. I added some over the years because they actually provide enough information while they are playing so something reasonable (like channel name etc) can be stored in a database. Will have to look at this so please describe how you select a streaming channel or is this an internet radio station? Those you can store as a favorite radiostation and would show up if you refresh your music database. However you wrote you can store them as a favorite playlist which should also show up after you refresh your music database.

Dirk
              You're right. Once I added it as a favorite radio station and rescanned the music database, it showed up. Which is fine for my use so consider this issue closed. I can just favorite all the radio stations I want to listen to.

Comment

Working...
              X