Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learning Radio Stations

Dirk,

I am using this week-end to convert over to SONOS from squeezebox and all is going well, really enjoying your plugin. Couple of quick questions to help me understand how it works (using .99)

I have a TuneIn station on the master P3 playing. I cant seem to figure out how the plugin learns the station. I have rebuilt the data base and am being patient. I see the Pandora stations I listened to a week or so ago and an earlier Learned station but does not seem to be picking up the TuneIn one.

I also have noticed that after I changed the time for the database rebuild it has not auto rebuilt the database.

Thoughts? I can load some debug logs but wanted to be sure I understood how it ought to work before I did.

Thank you,

Chris

Originally posted by dcdelong View Post
    I have a TuneIn station on the master P3 playing. I cant seem to figure out how the plugin learns the station. I have rebuilt the data base and am being patient. I see the Pandora stations I listened to a week or so ago and an earlier Learned station but does not seem to be picking up the TuneIn one.
    Hi Chris,

unfortunately the PI is not learning these radiostations, unless you add them to your favorite radiostation list. This looks like a small change so I'll post a new beta soon. In the mean time, add them to your favorite radiostation list and they'll show up (after the PI rebuilt the musicDB because they are part of the Sonos DB).

I also have noticed that after I changed the time for the database rebuild it has not auto rebuilt the database.
    Could be a bug but the DB is only rebuilt when something changes to the Sonos DB, so you should edit a playlist or add a track or radiostation, that should set a flag and when the time is due, it would rebuilt the DB. If it doesn't that would mean a bug. I do check this only every 5 minutes so if you set the time to next minute or so, it might indeed not work.

Dirk

Comment

Thank you Dirk,

Adding to favorites works perfect for me. They showed up perfectly after the database updated. I updated manualy to keep moving last night, but will add the last few today and verify a change will cause an auto update.

So far so good, four of my seven squeezebox units decommissioned. All Hstouch screens have been converted.

Added Airplay using a spare Air Express to the line in on a Sonos Connect and it works well.

The only issue I had was with wireless interference between my main wireless and the Sonos wireless. When I added a Connect about three feet from my wireless access point the edges of my wireless range went down by one third. Had the network team from work over and we determined that even with the home wireless on channel one and the Sonos on channel six I still had some interference and jitter. Bottom line of this story is that moving Sonos to channel eleven got it back to normal.

Thank you again for a great plugin

Chris

Comment

The only issue I had was with wireless interference between my main wireless and the Sonos wireless. When I added a Connect about three feet from my wireless access point the edges of my wireless range went down by one third. Had the network team from work over and we determined that even with the home wireless on channel one and the Sonos on channel six I still had some interference and jitter. Bottom line of this story is that moving Sonos to channel eleven got it back to normal.
        Chris thanks for sharing always good to know. By the way, the Sonos team is also very helpful. They have a few embedded troubleshooting capabilities that they use when you call them with issues.

Happy New-Year!

Dirk

Comment

Working...
        X