Sonos Controller wont enable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos Controller wont enable

I am unable to get the sonos controller to work. I just purchased and when I try to enable it homeseer balks about the configuration and doesn't enable it. I am using .88 the current release. At one point I had the trial but I removed it before installing this version. Are there instructions or a utility to completely reset the plugin so it will work?

Thanks,

John

Originally posted by johnram View Post
    I am unable to get the sonos controller to work. I just purchased and when I try to enable it homeseer balks about the configuration and doesn't enable it. I am using .88 the current release. At one point I had the trial but I removed it before installing this version. Are there instructions or a utility to completely reset the plugin so it will work?

Thanks,

John
    Hi John,

If you want to remove everything, you can do the following:

when HS is running, delete all the devices the Sonos PI has created. Then stop HS, go to systems, uninstall program, and uninstall the Sonos PI. Then go to the HS root directory, subdirectory config, and delete the hspi_Sonoscontroller.ini file. Then install the Sonos PI either from this forum (version 104) or start up HS, go to updater and download Sonos PI.

If all else fails, post the HS error log that you have of the PI balking at you.

Dirk

Comment

No Luck

Performed these steps and I get.

Configuration changes have NOT been saved.
      Select a different configuration area if you wish to lose your changes, or you may make further changes.

When I refresh the page it is disabled again and their is no UI to configure it.
      Thanks,

John

Comment

Originally posted by johnram View Post
        Performed these steps and I get.

Configuration changes have NOT been saved.
        Select a different configuration area if you wish to lose your changes, or you may make further changes.

When I refresh the page it is disabled again and their is no UI to configure it.
        Thanks,

John
        John, this sounds like hometroller-ish. What PC/device are you running HS on? If a hometroller, you need to read up on how to turn protection off and then save everything. I don't have one but there is plenty of info available on the forum. If it is a regular windows machine, I would look at access levels.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
        X