Sonos Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos Errors

I get the following errors in my log on startup. I think everything works fine. Should I be concerned bout this, or how do I correct it? I get this error for each of my 15 zones.

Other than this, the PI works great. (I don't use it for much, to pause all when I leave the house and to mute and unmute outside zones with a motion detector.)

Thanks, Pete

8/14/2013 11:48:31 AM - SonosController - Error in MediaRenderer.Services for zoneplayer = 06 Master Bath. Error=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040500): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040500 at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRIn ternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo) at System.Runtime.InteropServices.CustomMarshalers.EnumeratorVi ewOfEnumVariant.MoveNext() at HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.HSMusicAPI.DirectConnect(IUPnPDevice pDevice, String inUDN)

I see another set of errors. I just restarted and got one of the first and 20 of the second. Sonos seems to not work now (a restart fixed this; maybe it is not concerning):
    8/14/2013 12:03:33 PM - SonosController - Error in CreateSonosControllers. Could not instantiate ZonePlayerController with error = Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {E2085F28-FEB7-404A-B8E7-E659BDEAAA02} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80004005.

8/14/2013 12:03:33 PM - SonosController - InitializeSonosDevices: Error updating Sonosplayer with error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Comment

Originally posted by Club Chapin View Post
      I get the following errors in my log on startup. I think everything works fine. Should I be concerned bout this, or how do I correct it? I get this error for each of my 15 zones.

Other than this, the PI works great. (I don't use it for much, to pause all when I leave the house and to mute and unmute outside zones with a motion detector.)

Thanks, Pete

8/14/2013 11:48:31 AM - SonosController - Error in MediaRenderer.Services for zoneplayer = 06 Master Bath. Error=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040500): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040500 at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRIn ternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo) at System.Runtime.InteropServices.CustomMarshalers.EnumeratorVi ewOfEnumVariant.MoveNext() at HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.HSMusicAPI.DirectConnect(IUPnPDevice pDevice, String inUDN)
      Problem with the latest Sonos Sw, no issue for the PI. Do you have the debug flag on? It shouldn't show or you're not on the latest (beta) PI version.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by Club Chapin View Post
        I see another set of errors. I just restarted and got one of the first and 20 of the second. Sonos seems to not work now (a restart fixed this; maybe it is not concerning):
        8/14/2013 12:03:33 PM - SonosController - Error in CreateSonosControllers. Could not instantiate ZonePlayerController with error = Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {E2085F28-FEB7-404A-B8E7-E659BDEAAA02} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80004005.

8/14/2013 12:03:33 PM - SonosController - InitializeSonosDevices: Error updating Sonosplayer with error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
        Have seen this error on occasion in people who send me logs. I think they go away when you reset the PC, rather than restarting HS. Suspect some windows issue. What kind of PC and OS are you using? Are you running HS as a service?

Dirk

Comment

same problem here:
          ~!~SonosController~!~Error in MediaRenderer.Services for zoneplayer = Woonkamer. Error=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040500): Uitzondering van HRESULT: 0x80040500 bij System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRIn ternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo) bij System.Runtime.InteropServices.CustomMarshalers.EnumeratorVi ewOfEnumVariant.MoveNext() bij HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.HSMusicAPI.DirectConnect(IUPnPDevice pDevice, String inUDN)

the happens after the last sonos firmware update

*edit* the last beta fixed it

Comment

Originally posted by akatar View Post
            same problem here:
            ~!~SonosController~!~Error in MediaRenderer.Services for zoneplayer = Woonkamer. Error=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040500): Uitzondering van HRESULT: 0x80040500 bij System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRIn ternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo) bij System.Runtime.InteropServices.CustomMarshalers.EnumeratorVi ewOfEnumVariant.MoveNext() bij HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.HSMusicAPI.DirectConnect(IUPnPDevice pDevice, String inUDN)

the happens after the last sonos firmware update

*edit* the last beta fixed it
            Please see posting #3 in this thread.

Comment

Sonos errors, scripts don't run correctly

Hi, I"m getting a similar error from the sonos plugin.

12/11/2013 3:47:44 AM ~!~SonosController~!~DirectConnect called for Zone Sonos1 with device name = uuid:RINCON_000E5824C3EA01400 and Model = ZP90
              12/11/2013 3:47:45 AM ~!~SonosController~!~Error in pDevice.Services for zoneplayer = Sonos1. Error=Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040501
              12/11/2013 3:47:45 AM ~!~SonosController~!~Error in MediaRenderer.Services for zoneplayer = Sonos1. Error=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040501): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040501 at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRIn ternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo) at System.Runtime.InteropServices.CustomMarshalers.EnumeratorVi ewOfEnumVariant.MoveNext() at HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.HSMusicAPI.DirectConnect(IUPnPDevice pDevice, String inUDN)
              12/11/2013 3:47:45 AM ~!~SonosController~!~Error in MediaServer.Services.ContentDirectory for zoneplayer = Sonos1. Error=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040501): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040501 at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRIn ternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo) at System.Runtime.InteropServices.CustomMarshalers.EnumeratorVi ewOfEnumVariant.MoveNext() at HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.HSMusicAPI.DirectConnect(IUPnPDevice pDevice, String inUDN)
              12/11/2013 3:47:45 AM ~!~SonosController~!~Error in DirectConnect for zoneplayer = Sonos1. Some crucial services are not on-line. The plug-in cannot work for this zone
              12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~SonosController~!~IPAddress for zoneplayer = Sonos1=
              12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~SonosController~!~CreateSonosControllers: Created instance of ZonePlayerController for Zoneplayer = Sonos1 with index 2
              12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~SonosController~!~DirectConnect called for Zone Sonos2 with device name = uuid:RINCON_000E58245E8C01400 and Model = ZP90
              12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~SonosController~!~Error in pDevice.Services for zoneplayer = Sonos2. Error=Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040501
              12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~SonosController~!~Error in MediaRenderer.Services for zoneplayer = Sonos2. Error=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040501): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040501 at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRIn ternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo) at System.Runtime.InteropServices.CustomMarshalers.EnumeratorVi ewOfEnumVariant.MoveNext() at HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.HSMusicAPI.DirectConnect(IUPnPDevice pDevice, String inUDN)
              12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~SonosController~!~Error in MediaServer.Services.ContentDirectory for zoneplayer = Sonos2. Error=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040501): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040501 at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRIn ternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo) at System.Runtime.InteropServices.CustomMarshalers.EnumeratorVi ewOfEnumVariant.MoveNext() at HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.HSMusicAPI.DirectConnect(IUPnPDevice pDevice, String inUDN)
              12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~SonosController~!~Error in DirectConnect for zoneplayer = Sonos2. Some crucial services are not on-line. The plug-in cannot work for this zone
              12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~SonosController~!~IPAddress for zoneplayer = Sonos2=
              12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~SonosController~!~CreateSonosControllers: Created instance of ZonePlayerController for Zoneplayer = Sonos2 with index 4
              12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~SonosController~!~CreateSonosControllers: Created instance of ZonePlayerController for Zoneplayer = Portable with index 6
              12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~SonosController~!~Initialized
              12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in SONOSCONTROLLER

I"m running this on a hometroller, and it has been going on for about a year. Rebooting the hometroller is the only thing that fixes this but not every time. This log is pulled from my box after the auto reboot I scheduled to run nightly. a second reboot this morning makes everything work fine. The only problem is we run alarm clock scripts that rely on this to start a radio station.

Does anyone know what to do. I'm still on HS2 and the sonos plugin version number under the setup tab shows 1.0.0.105

Comment

Originally posted by grossoc View Post
                Hi, I"m getting a similar error from the sonos plugin.

12/11/2013 3:47:44 AM ~!~SonosController~!~DirectConnect called for Zone Sonos1 with device name = uuid:RINCON_000E5824C3EA01400 and Model = ZP90
                12/11/2013 3:47:45 AM ~!~SonosController~!~Error in pDevice.Services for zoneplayer = Sonos1. Error=Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040501
                12/11/2013 3:47:45 AM ~!~SonosController~!~Error in MediaRenderer.Services for zoneplayer = Sonos1. Error=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040501): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040501 at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRIn ternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo) at System.Runtime.InteropServices.CustomMarshalers.EnumeratorVi ewOfEnumVariant.MoveNext() at HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.HSMusicAPI.DirectConnect(IUPnPDevice pDevice, String inUDN)
                12/11/2013 3:47:45 AM ~!~SonosController~!~Error in MediaServer.Services.ContentDirectory for zoneplayer = Sonos1. Error=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040501): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040501 at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRIn ternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo) at System.Runtime.InteropServices.CustomMarshalers.EnumeratorVi ewOfEnumVariant.MoveNext() at HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.HSMusicAPI.DirectConnect(IUPnPDevice pDevice, String inUDN)
                12/11/2013 3:47:45 AM ~!~SonosController~!~Error in DirectConnect for zoneplayer = Sonos1. Some crucial services are not on-line. The plug-in cannot work for this zone
                12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~SonosController~!~IPAddress for zoneplayer = Sonos1=
                12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~SonosController~!~CreateSonosControllers: Created instance of ZonePlayerController for Zoneplayer = Sonos1 with index 2
                12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~SonosController~!~DirectConnect called for Zone Sonos2 with device name = uuid:RINCON_000E58245E8C01400 and Model = ZP90
                12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~SonosController~!~Error in pDevice.Services for zoneplayer = Sonos2. Error=Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040501
                12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~SonosController~!~Error in MediaRenderer.Services for zoneplayer = Sonos2. Error=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040501): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040501 at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRIn ternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo) at System.Runtime.InteropServices.CustomMarshalers.EnumeratorVi ewOfEnumVariant.MoveNext() at HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.HSMusicAPI.DirectConnect(IUPnPDevice pDevice, String inUDN)
                12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~SonosController~!~Error in MediaServer.Services.ContentDirectory for zoneplayer = Sonos2. Error=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040501): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040501 at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRIn ternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo) at System.Runtime.InteropServices.CustomMarshalers.EnumeratorVi ewOfEnumVariant.MoveNext() at HSPI_SONOSCONTROLLER.HSMusicAPI.DirectConnect(IUPnPDevice pDevice, String inUDN)
                12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~SonosController~!~Error in DirectConnect for zoneplayer = Sonos2. Some crucial services are not on-line. The plug-in cannot work for this zone
                12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~SonosController~!~IPAddress for zoneplayer = Sonos2=
                12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~SonosController~!~CreateSonosControllers: Created instance of ZonePlayerController for Zoneplayer = Sonos2 with index 4
                12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~SonosController~!~CreateSonosControllers: Created instance of ZonePlayerController for Zoneplayer = Portable with index 6
                12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~SonosController~!~Initialized
                12/11/2013 3:47:46 AM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in SONOSCONTROLLER

I"m running this on a hometroller, and it has been going on for about a year. Rebooting the hometroller is the only thing that fixes this but not every time. This log is pulled from my box after the auto reboot I scheduled to run nightly. a second reboot this morning makes everything work fine. The only problem is we run alarm clock scripts that rely on this to start a radio station.

Does anyone know what to do. I'm still on HS2 and the sonos plugin version number under the setup tab shows 1.0.0.105
                Which HS2 version are you on? What else is active as PI or scripts on your setup. Do you check your setup for resource leaks (memory, handles)? If you have many disconnects/reconnects, you for sure have a network issue between Hometroller and Sonos components. If you need to reboot the hometroller to make it work again, something on the Hometroller is the issue and my best bet would be resource leaks.

Do you have periodic autodiscovery on for the Sonos PI (check Sonos Config page)? If so, turn it off. There is a leak in XP each time a UPNP discovery is done.

If you are not on the latest HS2 build (.81 I believe), upgrade! Many resource leak issues were fixed between versions .40-ish to .81

Dirk

Comment

Well, a lot of questions here.
                  Let me start...

"Which HS2 version are you on?" Not sure, this cam pre-loaded with the hometroller pro. How do you check this????

"What else is active as PI or scripts on your setup."

I guess lots of things. i have a lot of HS scripts running. Some of them are with sonos as a whole house alarm clock. I have a bunch of plugins installed but this problem seemed to start when I installed an insteon isy plugin update. I"m not sure if that is what trigger this for sure.

"Do you check your setup for resource leaks (memory, handles)? If you have many disconnects/reconnects, you for sure have a network issue between Hometroller and Sonos components. If you need to reboot the hometroller to make it work again, something on the Hometroller is the issue"

Well, I don't know where to even start with that. This is running XP embedded so I assumed it would be reliable. Nothing else is running on this except for HS2 and it plugins. VNC server, whatever homeseer pre-installs on their Hometroller. How do you check for that? What do you look at? Event viewer logs?

"Do you have periodic autodiscovery on for the Sonos PI (check Sonos Config page)? If so, turn it off. There is a leak in XP each time a UPNP discovery is done." Well I looked there, saw a check box that reads "Don't do 5 minute Rediscoveries " this was not checked. I checked it to see if this helps.

"If you are not on the latest HS2 build (.81 I believe), upgrade! Many resource leak issues were fixed between versions .40-ish to .8"

Well, I have been running the updater. I'm not sure if that would be the way to check if HS2 itself is current.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Well, a lot of questions here.
                    Let me start...

"Which HS2 version are you on?" Not sure, this cam pre-loaded with the hometroller pro. How do you check this????

"What else is active as PI or scripts on your setup."

I guess lots of things. i have a lot of HS scripts running. Some of them are with sonos as a whole house alarm clock. I have a bunch of plugins installed but this problem seemed to start when I installed an insteon isy plugin update. I"m not sure if that is what trigger this for sure.

"Do you check your setup for resource leaks (memory, handles)? If you have many disconnects/reconnects, you for sure have a network issue between Hometroller and Sonos components. If you need to reboot the hometroller to make it work again, something on the Hometroller is the issue"

Well, I don't know where to even start with that. This is running XP embedded so I assumed it would be reliable. Nothing else is running on this except for HS2 and it plugins. VNC server, whatever homeseer pre-installs on their Hometroller. How do you check for that? What do you look at? Event viewer logs?

"Do you have periodic autodiscovery on for the Sonos PI (check Sonos Config page)? If so, turn it off. There is a leak in XP each time a UPNP discovery is done." Well I looked there, saw a check box that reads "Don't do 5 minute Rediscoveries " this was not checked. I checked it to see if this helps.

"If you are not on the latest HS2 build (.81 I believe), upgrade! Many resource leak issues were fixed between versions .40-ish to .8"

Well, I have been running the updater. I'm not sure if that would be the way to check if HS2 itself is current.

Thanks for your help.
                    If you click on the "About" button on top of the HS2 web page, you can see which version you are running. On a "regular" windows version, when going to the task manager (ctrl+alt+del) will allow you to look at processes and resources. Not sure it exists on an embedded Windows version. Do check this forum, I believe there are plugins and scripts that will help you track resources and try to figure out where you are losing them. Trust you clicked "Save" after check marking the "don't do 5 min discoveries" so that it takes effect.

Dirk

Comment

More sonos problems.....

Hi again Dirk,
                      Well, after the last post I did a full re-install on my hometroller, updated HS2 pro to the lastest version (2.5.0.81). Installed the plugin, everything seems better but....I don't have the Music Upnp as a homeseer device. I'm now missing all my pandora stations (Just from HS2, not from sonos itself.) I did try the beta version (1.0.0.116), no luck. I did notice that UPNP host was not running as a windows xp service. I could not get it to start until I updated premissions on the local service directory under documents and settings. Now the service starts but still not Music upnp device.

Help...

Comment

Hi again Dirk,
                        Well, after the last post I did a full re-install on my hometroller, updated HS2 pro to the lastest version (2.5.0.81). Installed the plugin, everything seems better but....I don't have the Music Upnp as a homeseer device. I'm now missing all my pandora stations (Just from HS2, not from sonos itself.) I did try the beta version (1.0.0.116), no luck. I did notice that UPNP host was not running as a windows xp service. I could not get it to start until I updated premissions on the local service directory under documents and settings. Now the service starts but still not Music upnp device.

Help...
                        How did you reinstall everything, did you wipe it out or just installed over it? I suspect that the HS devices associated w/ Sonos were deleted, either manually of because you wiped out the HS DB. The Sonos related info is kept in the <hsroot>\config folder named hspi-sonoscontroller.ini file. That file is never deleted even when you uninstall the Sonos PI (or re-install). So what I advice you to do, is to delete that file when HS2 is stopped, the restart HS2. The first thing the PI will do is delete all Sonos HS related devices and recreate for all the zones that are on-line at that moment. Only caveat is that deleting the .ini file will also delete your linkgroups.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                        X