Stereo Pair Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stereo Pair Problem

I have to S1s paired together which the plugin sees just fine however when i include them in a linked group and use that link group in a event it always unpairs them. Is there a way to keep them paired while using them in a linked group?

Originally posted by jkproctor View Post
    I have to S1s paired together which the plugin sees just fine however when i include them in a linked group and use that link group in a event it always unpairs them. Is there a way to keep them paired while using them in a linked group?
    Why is that a problem? Sonos seems to be adding more and more features and combinations and it is hard to keep track of what works how and do things in a consistent way, at least for most users. I thought about doing as you suggested but I'm sure someone else will ask me the opposite. Moreover, pairing was introduced way later than this PI and it would actually require a good bit of coding to treat this in (yet another) different way. So hence the question: "why is that a problem for you?"

Dirk

Comment

The issue for me is I want to use the S1s (Living Room) paired in stereo to listen to music however when i use the plugin to link the living Room with the Kitchen it unlinks the S1 pair and only one speaker is included in the link group (Living room2). I then have to go back and pair the two together with the sonos controller. I can certainly appreciate the amount effort for adding features for a limited few so its not a big deal. I just wanted to make sure I was not missing something. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jkproctor View Post
        The issue for me is I want to use the S1s (Living Room) paired in stereo to listen to music however when i use the plugin to link the living Room with the Kitchen it unlinks the S1 pair and only one speaker is included in the link group (Living room2). I then have to go back and pair the two together with the sonos controller. I can certainly appreciate the amount effort for adding features for a limited few so its not a big deal. I just wanted to make sure I was not missing something. Thanks
        I see your point now. I assume you are using a predefined link group to group these players. If you were to use a Sonos action - Link to link Kitchen to Living Room (note not living room to Kitchen!), I think the pairing wouldn't be broken. You would use the Sonos Action - Unlink to remove the Kitchen player from the living room players (not other way round).

I may need to re-think this whole linkgroup and pairing business. When I create the PI and the linkgroup business, pairing didn't exist.

Dirk

Comment

What ever you do - please keep in mind that your plugin is really great. It is an important part of my Homeautomation system. And vital keeping the WAF (just) above 0 :-)

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
          I see your point now. I assume you are using a predefined link group to group these players. If you were to use a Sonos action - Link to link Kitchen to Living Room (note not living room to Kitchen!), I think the pairing wouldn't be broken. You would use the Sonos Action - Unlink to remove the Kitchen player from the living room players (not other way round).

I may need to re-think this whole linkgroup and pairing business. When I create the PI and the linkgroup business, pairing didn't exist.

Dirk
          Best,
          Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Working...
          X