Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SONOS PI with HS3

I am using ver 3.0.0.12 of the PI with HS3 ...96

The PI works very well and I have yet to run into any problems. I realize it is a Beta and documentation may be limited. I would like some basic VBScript examples. It would be useful to see example syntax for...
    Control Zone Volume
    Control Zone Transport (Play/Resume)
    Read/Control Source Input (Playlist/RadioStation)

I have had no difficulty accessing these features via SONOS Event Actions. I just would like to do a few more sophisitcated things using scripts.

For instance, I have an even which Ramps Volume Down, Pauses what is playing, delivers a HS announcement, resumes play, and ramps volume up. This is done in an event with WAY too many parts and is a bit cumbersome. It will be much better in a script (or better still if a capability such as this were exposed via the PI :-))

Thank you and I am anxious to be able to purchase the released HS3 version of the PI when available.

Originally posted by JazzmanJohn View Post
    For instance, I have an even which Ramps Volume Down, Pauses what is playing, delivers a HS announcement, resumes play, and ramps volume up. This is done in an event with WAY too many parts and is a bit cumbersome. It will be much better in a script (or better still if a capability such as this were exposed via the PI :-)).
    Why do you use an event and script for this and not the standard built in TTS functions?

Comment

The key here is I want to RAMP DOWN the volume of what music is playing before the TTS message. Then execute the TTS message, then RAMP UP the volume of the previously playing message.

I can easily pause the music, announce the TTS message, and resume the music. But the Ramp Down and Ramp Up features make the announcement less abrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzmanJohn View Post
        The key here is I want to RAMP DOWN the volume of what music is playing before the TTS message. Then execute the TTS message, then RAMP UP the volume of the previously playing message.

I can easily pause the music, announce the TTS message, and resume the music. But the Ramp Down and Ramp Up features make the announcement less abrupt.
        +1 on this. An option in the PI to ramp the volume pre/post TTS would be awesome. I've thought in the past about how to implement this with events, but couldn't come up with an elegant solution. That was when I was running HS2. It very well may be possible with the better event engine in HS3, but I'm just now getting started w/ HS3 and haven't really looked into it.

A native solution in the PI to ramp the volume would be ideal

Comment

Working...
        X