Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whole house TTS announcements with Sonos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whole house TTS announcements with Sonos?

So i picked up a couple of play-1's today. I was hoping to use these for getting TTS announcements across whole house zones. Do i need a line in capable sonos device to hook into the HS3 pc to source the TTS announcements or is there a way to do this through the plugin?

Is there a walk through of how to set this up? I searched but can't find anything specific on the forums.

Also, i see there is the sonoscontroller plugin and then also sonos scripts, what is the difference between these, and which would be better for this application?

Originally posted by ORNVM View Post
    So i picked up a couple of play-1's today. I was hoping to use these for getting TTS announcements across whole house zones. Do i need a line in capable sonos device to hook into the HS3 pc to source the TTS announcements or is there a way to do this through the plugin?

Is there a walk through of how to set this up? I searched but can't find anything specific on the forums.

Also, i see there is the sonoscontroller plugin and then also sonos scripts, what is the difference between these, and which would be better for this application?
    Not sure about the Play 1's compatibility because I only have 3's and 5's but you can do TTS through the plug-in without any line in, with both the HS2 and HS3 versions of the plug-in. This is how I'm doing it. Basically, speech is sent to a file and this is then played over Sonos.

Instructions on how to set it up are in the help file once you have the plug-in installed.

There is a slight delay in the announcements being heard which increases the more players you have in your TTS groups but I can live with this. I'm very happy with the way it works and Dirk provides excellent support for the plug-in.

Paul..

Comment

Have play-1s no issue. Help has all the info

Dirk

Comment

Awesome, thanks a bunch. Got it working great. By the way, i'm not sure if i'm just completely missing it, or if its not there; but i don't see any way to get to help through the plugin itself. I finally found it in the html directory of my hs3 machine, but since i'm running headless, i didn't think to look there for awhile.

Appreciate the really detailed instructions once i found the help files though!

Also when i use the "release info" link in the details section of the plug-in updater it spawns another tab of my interface window for some reason...

Comment

Awesome, thanks a bunch. Got it working great. By the way, i'm not sure if i'm just completely missing it, or if its not there; but i don't see any way to get to help through the plugin itself. I finally found it in the html directory of my hs3 machine, but since i'm running headless, i didn't think to look there for awhile.

Appreciate the really detailed instructions once i found the help files though!

Also when i use the "release info" link in the details section of the plug-in updater it spawns another tab of my interface window for some reason...
          Open the HS3 webpage, click Tools > Help > Sonos Help

I'm trying to have the "release info" link fixed and pointed to this forum

Dirk

Comment

Working...
          X