Error when triggering playlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when triggering playlist

When triggering a sonos event to play music from either a playlist or radio station I get the following error. I have tried rebuilding the database and this has not fixed the issue. Strangely, it still plays what I want, I just get this error every time. Any suggested next steps?

ERROR in PlayURI for zoneplayer = Whole House with UPNP Error = UPNP_E_INVALID_ARGUMENTS . URI=x-sonosapi-hls:r%3a9343?sid=37&flags=288&sn=11, MetaData=781 - Hollyobject.itemobject.item.sonos-favorite5x-sonosapi-hls:r%3a9343?sid=37&flags=288&sn=11http://www.siriusxm.com/cmds/displayLogo?channelKey=9343&clientId=zingpartner&imageType=1 4instantPlaySiriusXM Station<DIDL-Lite xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/" xmlns:r="urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/" xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/"><item id="00090120r%3a9343" parentID="00070044g%3aHoliday" restricted="true"><dc:title>781 - Holly</dc:title><upnp:class>object.item.audioItem.audioBroadcast</upnp:class><desc id="cdudn" nameSpace="urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/">SA_RINCON9479_keoni8888</desc></item></DIDL-Lite>, Error =A user-supplied component or subscriber raised an exception (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040208)

Originally posted by Keoni View Post
    When triggering a sonos event to play music from either a playlist or radio station I get the following error. I have tried rebuilding the database and this has not fixed the issue. Strangely, it still plays what I want, I just get this error every time. Any suggested next steps?

ERROR in PlayURI for zoneplayer = Whole House with UPNP Error = UPNP_E_INVALID_ARGUMENTS . URI=x-sonosapi-hls:r%3a9343?sid=37&flags=288&sn=11, MetaData=781 - Hollyobject.itemobject.item.sonos-favorite5x-sonosapi-hls:r%3a9343?sid=37&flags=288&sn=11http://www.siriusxm.com/cmds/displayLogo?channelKey=9343&clientId=zingpartner&imageType=1 4instantPlaySiriusXM Station<DIDL-Lite xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:upnp="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/upnp/" xmlns:r="urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/" xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:metadata-1-0/DIDL-Lite/"><item id="00090120r%3a9343" parentID="00070044g%3aHoliday" restricted="true"><dc:title>781 - Holly</dc:title><upnp:class>object.item.audioItem.audioBroadcast</upnp:class><desc id="cdudn" nameSpace="urn:schemas-rinconnetworks-com:metadata-1-0/">SA_RINCON9479_keoni8888</desc></item></DIDL-Lite>, Error =A user-supplied component or subscriber raised an exception (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040208)

Could you turn the debug flag on and capture the log before and after the error, with emphasis on before from trigger of the event until error.
    Preview your post and if they are all wrapped up as one big line; add lf-cr to make post readable.
    Just to make clear: everything works, you just have this error each time, correct? Can you post the event (screenshot), does this event have more than one action?

Thanks

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
      Could you turn the debug flag on and capture the log before and after the error, with emphasis on before from trigger of the event until error.
      Preview your post and if they are all wrapped up as one big line; add lf-cr to make post readable.
      Just to make clear: everything works, you just have this error each time, correct? Can you post the event (screenshot), does this event have more than one action?

Thanks

Dirk
      In order to make the log capturing easier here is what I recommend.

Go to the config page, turn debug logging on, turn superdebug on, turn log to disk on. Leave config page, do your event, go back to config, turn disk logging off (don't forget that!), turn superdebug and regular debug off.

Go to <hsroot>\html\Sonos\Logs and post or email the SonosDebug.txt file. Benefit of this is that the log contains a lot of HTML info which gets filtered out when you capture the log from the HS3 based log screens.

Dirk

Comment

I did a bit more investigation and think I found something... Unfortunately, I am not home at the moment so cannot hear what I am triggering. I do have a recollection though that even though it worked when triggering the action and getting the error, it played the wrong station.

I am using a favorite now, it is a SiriusXM station. I get the error. However, when I select the same programming as a Radio Station in the event, it works. I can see the device change the the station's logo and play. So it looks like something with the favorites.

I tried the "BuildDB" function and this did not solve things. Is there something else I can try?

BTW - I can still post the logs but as I am not in front of the system it will be the standard HS snip. Just let me know if you still want them now, or I can do it later to a file, or not at all.

Attached is a screen shot of the event that caused the issues. The one that does not generate an error is the same but says "Play Radio Station" instead of favorite.

Thank you
        Attached Files

Comment

I did a bit more investigation and think I found something... Unfortunately, I am not home at the moment so cannot hear what I am triggering. I do have a recollection though that even though it worked when triggering the action and getting the error, it played the wrong station.

I am using a favorite now, it is a SiriusXM station. I get the error. However, when I select the same programming as a Radio Station in the event, it works. I can see the device change the the station's logo and play. So it looks like something with the favorites.

I tried the "BuildDB" function and this did not solve things. Is there something else I can try?

BTW - I can still post the logs but as I am not in front of the system it will be the standard HS snip. Just let me know if you still want them now, or I can do it later to a file, or not at all.

Attached is a screen shot of the event that caused the issues. The one that does not generate an error is the same but says "Play Radio Station" instead of favorite.

Thank you
          There is something that changed (I suspect in error) with the latest Sonos SW. I had someone else complain that playing a favorite (Pandora in his case) wasn't working anymore but playing it as radiostation would.

So I suggest you change your events and use a learned radio station instead of your favorite. I have zero pull with Sonos, so zero chance I have them fix it whatever it is that the Sonos doesn't like when playing a favorite. I could spend weeks to figure out a work-around but given it works when you play it as a learned radio-station, I'm not going to spend the time.

Dirk

Comment

There is something that changed (I suspect in error) with the latest Sonos SW. I had someone else complain that playing a favorite (Pandora in his case) wasn't working anymore but playing it as radiostation would.

So I suggest you change your events and use a learned radio station instead of your favorite. I have zero pull with Sonos, so zero chance I have them fix it whatever it is that the Sonos doesn't like when playing a favorite. I could spend weeks to figure out a work-around but given it works when you play it as a learned radio-station, I'm not going to spend the time.

Dirk
            Thanks Dirk. I completely understand and know that if you run past a solution in the future you'll add it. The work-around is just fine so no issues. I do have a question though... what is the different between a radiostation and favorite? I know I can make favorites in Sonos and get easy access to them that way on Homeseer. But I am not sure what triggers the Radiostation list to populate. There are a lot more entries there than in my favorites. Just trying to determine how to work with it when I want to add something new. Any thoughts?

Thank you again!
            John

Comment

Thanks Dirk. I completely understand and know that if you run past a solution in the future you'll add it. The work-around is just fine so no issues. I do have a question though... what is the different between a radiostation and favorite? I know I can make favorites in Sonos and get easy access to them that way on Homeseer. But I am not sure what triggers the Radiostation list to populate. There are a lot more entries there than in my favorites. Just trying to determine how to work with it when I want to add something new. Any thoughts?

Thank you again!
              John
              I think the favorites are OK, except for these internet radiostations or premium stations. The way it worked in the past is that each Sonos DB item has a unique object id. So when I discover the Sonos DB, I'll find the favorites and keep a copy of the Object IDs in my DB. When you select to play it, I take the Object ID, query the Sonos player, retrieve the Unique Resource Identifier (URI) and Meta-data that goes with the Object and then instruct the player to play. In the past, if I don't provide the metadata, than I either had errors or your artwork wouldn't show on your player. It seems now that the meta-data, that I retrieve from the player, the same player is now complaining about that same meta-data it just provided, hence my believe this is something wrong in the latest Sonos SW.

As to your question on the difference between favorites, radiostations and learned radiostations. Sonos radiostations, those are the regular internet radiostations that in the past you would add to the "my Radio Stations" and when the PI retrieved the Sonos DB, they would show up in the list of Radiostations. So only those that you added to your "My Radio Stations" will show up in the PI under radiostations.

Then there were the premium radio channels, like Pandora, Xirius etc that had channels and stuff. In the past Sonos would not have any info in their DB about these, therefore a long time ago, I introduced a concept of "learn radio stations". When you play a radio station, the PI would store the URI and MetaData in its own database so you could use them to create events. These (fake) learned radiostations show up in the PI also under the radiostations.

About a year ago, Sonos introduced "favorites". You can now save tracks, queues, radiostations as a favorite. These favorites are stored in the Sonos DB so the PI retrieves them like it would retrieve a track or an album ... only issue is that there is something screwed up with the Metadata (this is all the info about the media item like track name, author, artist, art, album, trackno ....) Given that these premium internet stations require a userid and password, I suspect something there changed and got broken (or was removed from the data for security reasons).

So as long as you played a particular radio station once, it will be learned and you can used it to create events, no need to use favorites.

Dirk

Comment

I think the favorites are OK, except for these internet radiostations or premium stations. The way it worked in the past is that each Sonos DB item has a unique object id. So when I discover the Sonos DB, I'll find the favorites and keep a copy of the Object IDs in my DB. When you select to play it, I take the Object ID, query the Sonos player, retrieve the Unique Resource Identifier (URI) and Meta-data that goes with the Object and then instruct the player to play. In the past, if I don't provide the metadata, than I either had errors or your artwork wouldn't show on your player. It seems now that the meta-data, that I retrieve from the player, the same player is now complaining about that same meta-data it just provided, hence my believe this is something wrong in the latest Sonos SW.

As to your question on the difference between favorites, radiostations and learned radiostations. Sonos radiostations, those are the regular internet radiostations that in the past you would add to the "my Radio Stations" and when the PI retrieved the Sonos DB, they would show up in the list of Radiostations. So only those that you added to your "My Radio Stations" will show up in the PI under radiostations.

Then there were the premium radio channels, like Pandora, Xirius etc that had channels and stuff. In the past Sonos would not have any info in their DB about these, therefore a long time ago, I introduced a concept of "learn radio stations". When you play a radio station, the PI would store the URI and MetaData in its own database so you could use them to create events. These (fake) learned radiostations show up in the PI also under the radiostations.

About a year ago, Sonos introduced "favorites". You can now save tracks, queues, radiostations as a favorite. These favorites are stored in the Sonos DB so the PI retrieves them like it would retrieve a track or an album ... only issue is that there is something screwed up with the Metadata (this is all the info about the media item like track name, author, artist, art, album, trackno ....) Given that these premium internet stations require a userid and password, I suspect something there changed and got broken (or was removed from the data for security reasons).

So as long as you played a particular radio station once, it will be learned and you can used it to create events, no need to use favorites.

Dirk
                Ah thank you for the overview. Your 2nd to last paragraph gave me a clue as to what is likely happening. They just introduced a feature that allows multiple user accounts mapped against a single source. FOr example, if 2 people in the house have Spotify accounts Sonos will remember both of their user IDs/credentials and allow you to see/use both people's playlists and the like. This is probably what is causing you the grief with favorites. You likely need to identify the user along with the request to get the right result.

Just a thought. Thank you for the learned radio overview - sounds like it will do the trick for what I need.

Best,
                John

Comment

Working...
                X