Control Sonos with a scene controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Sonos with a scene controller?

Can you set up a scene controller to control sonos? I would like a button to turn on the radio station and another button to turn it off.How about volume up and volume down buttons?

I do not have any scene controllers in the house, and this is what I am looking to buy.

http://www.amazon.com/ENERWAVE-Z-Wav...ene+controller

Thanks

Originally posted by tjb1231 View Post
    Can you set up a scene controller to control sonos? I would like a button to turn on the radio station and another button to turn it off.How about volume up and volume down buttons?

I do not have any scene controllers in the house, and this is what I am looking to buy.

http://www.amazon.com/ENERWAVE-Z-Wav...ene+controller

Thanks
    Separate your objective in 2 parts:

1/ the scene controller, reliable generating events (and this is no slam dunk, seek board on scene controller issues)
    2/ the right actions that you want the Sonos PI to do.

The first objective you should find out in other parts of this forum. The second part, you can right now, create events (and trigger them manually) so you can create and test whatever it is you want the PI to do.

The last step would be to take the events you created and change it from manual trigger to some trigger coming from the scene controllers.

Playing a radiostation and volume up/down are all supported event actions and are described in the help file (click on tools>Help>Sonos Help)

Dirk

Comment

Thank You. I thought that would be the case I just wasn't sure. I will investigate controllers.

Your PI is awesome by the way.

Comment

I do this today with a UPB controller. I have the 8 button illuminated controller in my Kitchen, with buttons that trigger a UPB Link. HS3 monitors the state of that link, and upon Activate it runs an HS3 event. I have events that trigger SONOS favorites, play/pause and volume up and down. The other two buttons control all lights on / off for the kitchen itself. Works great.

Adam

Comment

You could do this with an old X10 remote if you have the X10 infrastructure. The Z-Wave mini mote also works well. Another angle would be an inexpensive Android touch screen running HSTouch or a simple web page.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have a cooper 5 button scene controller setup to play/pause my sonos system. It works reliably.

I also have an event to turn on/off the scene when sonos enters play that way the scene button stays in sync if someone turns it on from phone or pc sonos app.

I haven't tried volume adjustment in this way.

I have all of my scene controllers triggering events in HS3 and not controlling devices directly with the scene class. I had way to many out of sync issues when I tried that setup.

Comment

Originally posted by ORNVM View Post
              I have a cooper 5 button scene controller setup to play/pause my sonos system. It works reliably.

I also have an event to turn on/off the scene when sonos enters play that way the scene button stays in sync if someone turns it on from phone or pc sonos app.

I haven't tried volume adjustment in this way.

I have all of my scene controllers triggering events in HS3 and not controlling devices directly with the scene class. I had way to many out of sync issues when I tried that setup.
              ORNVM - I'm looking to do just the same, but am struggling to get my controller to stay in sync. I have events set up to mute/unmute a zone from the button press, but if someone uses the phone to mute the zone, the controller status isn't updated. I tried the "Sonos Condition/IsMutted (sic)" event but that doesn't fire. What event triggers are you using to keep things in sync?
              Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                ORNVM - I'm looking to do just the same, but am struggling to get my controller to stay in sync. I have events set up to mute/unmute a zone from the button press, but if someone uses the phone to mute the zone, the controller status isn't updated. I tried the "Sonos Condition/IsMutted (sic)" event but that doesn't fire. What event triggers are you using to keep things in sync?
                There is no Sonos Trigger for Mute<->UnMute (conditions don't trigger!!) but you can create an event on the HS device associated with the Sonos' player mute state, meaning when the HS device changes from to mute or to unmute, do xyz ...

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                X