Plugin crashes HS2 pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin crashes HS2 pro

I have been running the plugin for a long while with great success. I have a fairly large home and my favorite event is play a doorbell file over all the sonos zones when the doorbell is pressed. Recently HS has begun crashing every couple days and I have narrowed it down to the sonos pi. when I disable it, all is good. All zones respond both with the HS and with the native app. (the native app always works). When it's enabled, it will work ok for a couple hours then start thowing errors in the log, progressively more and more frequently until HS crashes. I have not added anything the win 7 machine hs runs on. The only variables are the windows updates and sonos updates. I am a hs3 license holder but have not made the leap yet because HS2 has been so stable and serves my needs well. I am not sure waht has been currupted. I was hoping there was an easy way to back up the settings for the Sonos pi and I could do a remove and reinstall to see if that corrects the issue vs tryng to chase it down. Thoughts?

Originally posted by Mssoll View Post
    I have been running the plugin for a long while with great success. I have a fairly large home and my favorite event is play a doorbell file over all the sonos zones when the doorbell is pressed. Recently HS has begun crashing every couple days and I have narrowed it down to the sonos pi. when I disable it, all is good. All zones respond both with the HS and with the native app. (the native app always works). When it's enabled, it will work ok for a couple hours then start thowing errors in the log, progressively more and more frequently until HS crashes. I have not added anything the win 7 machine hs runs on. The only variables are the windows updates and sonos updates. I am a hs3 license holder but have not made the leap yet because HS2 has been so stable and serves my needs well. I am not sure waht has been currupted. I was hoping there was an easy way to back up the settings for the Sonos pi and I could do a remove and reinstall to see if that corrects the issue vs tryng to chase it down. Thoughts?
    If you delete the hspi_sonoscontroller.ini file all devices will be deleted and recreated but all your linkgroups and events will be gone. Are you on the latest version found here (http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=1)?

Suggest before you delete ... post:

- screen shot of your devices
    - screen shot(s) of your config page
    - Sonos .ini file
    - Error and log(s)

If you have immediate updates to music DB on, turn off. Turn off re-discovery of devices and see if that makes a difference.

Dirk

Comment

I was running 1.0.0.110. I just installed the latest version. So far no errors. I will post again in a couple days or less. I did not realize there was an update. The updater in HS2 did not show it. Thanks!

Comment

It was ok 'til I turned in at 10 last night. By this morning it was going crazy again. I have attached the files for you to take a look. ini file is in the next post.
        Attached Files

Comment

ini

ini
          Attached Files

Comment

It was ok 'til I turned in at 10 last night. By this morning it was going crazy again. I have attached the files for you to take a look. ini file is in the next post.
            It shows errors because a few players lost connectivity but did this influence your HS setup? Almost 100% guaranteed if you see many of these errors that you have a network issue. Was anything recently changed to the network (added players, added router/switch/wireless)? Perhaps something with an Antivirus update/change? Added HSTouch screens or HSTouch on wireless devices?

I would be very surprised that deleting and reinstalling the PI would make any difference.

If know of no cases where the PI would cause Win7 to trip up, there were cases on XP where the 5 min re-discovery would leak resources. You can always look at the resources by opening the task manager but my bet is a network issue (bad cable, bad connector, network loop ...)

Perhaps you have seen different errors in the past? The Sonos PI really does not create a lot of CPU load at all except once a day to create a MusicDB. Did you by any chance change the settings before you posted?

I have seen many Anti Virus issues in the past, because they monitor network traffic and can cause issues ranging from not finding players to major CPU load.

Dirk

Comment

I am stumped. I add and remove wireless network items often. I have added a bridge to the network on the other side of the house and changed the channel tonight to see if that helps. I have had errors for a while but they never caused an issue. I can't tell you about the demand on the pc. When the pi is enabled I have about 2 days before HS crashes and I never see the just before state. I am hoping you are right and It's a network thing that I can shore up. I just don't understand why it takes a couple hours after the pi is enabled to start dropping out players. Maybe it's just coincidence or my neighbors have something going on.

Comment

I am stumped. I add and remove wireless network items often. I have added a bridge to the network on the other side of the house and changed the channel tonight to see if that helps. I have had errors for a while but they never caused an issue. I can't tell you about the demand on the pc. When the pi is enabled I have about 2 days before HS crashes and I never see the just before state. I am hoping you are right and It's a network thing that I can shore up. I just don't understand why it takes a couple hours after the pi is enabled to start dropping out players. Maybe it's just coincidence or my neighbors have something going on.
                When you say: "HS is crashing", is it physically crashing, if so what does the error log say or HS becomes very unresponsive or spits tons of errors.

There is one thing with Sonos players that I have had problems with over the years is that their STP (preventing network loops) doesn't work all the time and the way to tell is by looking at the activity leds on a wired player, they would be going crazy all the time.

One other thing (never seen before) could be the musicDB, more specific the RadiostationDB is corrupted and when it is being opened it takes so much memory causing something to hang/crash. The DBs can be found in the <hsroot>\html\SonosController\MusicDB subfolder (going off memory here). If they are really big, that could be the issue and you can delete them, they get recreated anyway.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                X