No announcement yet.

HS3 Linux and Windows SONOS PI version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed 3.1.0.20 today. It is still working well, but I have received about 2 dozen emails updating me on the status of Sonos devices. Is there a config parameter that I am missing?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	1190649
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      I installed 3.1.0.20 today. It is still working well, but I have received about 2 dozen emails updating me on the status of Sonos devices. Is there a config parameter that I am missing?

[ATTACH]60815[/ATTACH]
      Randy, you have me at a loss. Email from what exactly? Is this perhaps an event that you have or who / what exactly is sending email?

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
        Randy, you have me at a loss. Email from what exactly? Is this perhaps an event that you have or who / what exactly is sending email?

Dirk
        Dirk;

The emails were coming from HomeSeer.

It is no wonder why you are at a loss. It was my fault. When I was helping chuckatwar diagnose the problem where a player string change wasn't triggering an event, I built a test event to email me the string contents of a player device whenever the string changed. The event didn't work with version 3.1.0.18, but I forgot to disable or delete the event.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	1190651

Since it wasn't working with 3.1.0.18 it never triggered. When I updated to 3.1.0.20 and you had fixed the string change on the device, the event started working. Since I am at the point in my life where I can hide my own Easter eggs, I forgot about the event in the 2 weeks since I built it. The event has been disabled, 3.1.0.20 is back in the system and all is well.

I apologize for the confusion.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Since I am at the point in my life where I can hide my own Easter eggs,

3.1.0.20 is back in the system and all is well.

Comment

Uninstall Plug-In?

I'm running HS3 on a Hometroller SEL, so Linux based system. How can I safely uninstall the plug-in? There is no red "X" under Manage Plug-Ins. I assume it means deleting a bunch of files, but are there any configuration files that will need editing?

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
              I'm running HS3 on a Hometroller SEL, so Linux based system. How can I safely uninstall the plug-in? There is no red "X" under Manage Plug-Ins. I assume it means deleting a bunch of files, but are there any configuration files that will need editing?
              Just deactivate the PI. After deactivation, delete all the associated HS devices.
              I already wrote in your other posting which files to delete.

Unless you have a really large music collection, the file foot print created by the PI is fairly small so there is (in my mind) no pressing need to deleted every file created by this PI.

If you do not delete the files, everything will work just fine EXCEPT (assuming you deleted the HS devices manually) when you re-activate the PI again, things are now out of sync. The easiest way to resync them is to click on the "delete all players" button in the config screen, which will wipe out any HS Sonos devices and delete the relevant information out of the .ini file and rediscovers and recreates all the players.

Dirk

Comment

Where to find the help file for Sonos

Hello,
                Sorry if the answer to this question is obvious but I haven't been able to find the help file on how to use the Sonos plugin. Could someone point me in the right direction.

I've gotten the Sonos plugged in, then enabled the plugin and it is connected but I'd like to learn about the config page settings.
                Thank you so much!
                HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                Plugin's:
                BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Sorry if the answer to this question is obvious but I haven't been able to find the help file on how to use the Sonos plugin. Could someone point me in the right direction.
                  From the HS3 web page select "Tools > Help > Sonos" for the help file.

Bob

Comment

After going from linux to win 10 based controller i am facing a lot of errors an messages from Sonos plugin. Can someone please tell me where to start troubleshooting as there are so many messages coming at all times. Here is a small part of the messages in the log:

Sep-06 1:55:00 PM Sonos SW Version for zoneplayer = Stue= 0
                    Sep-06 1:54:59 PM Sonos Error Error in myDeviceFinderCallback_DeviceFound for zoneplayer = Stue. Some crucial services are not on-line. The plug-in cannot work for this zone
                    Sep-06 1:54:40 PM Sonos SW Version for zoneplayer = Stue= 0
                    Sep-06 1:54:39 PM Sonos Error Error in myDeviceFinderCallback_DeviceFound for zoneplayer = Stue. Some crucial services are not on-line. The plug-in cannot work for this zone
                    Sep-06 1:52:34 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 9 Bathroom Mirror light, Volts Set to 240.101 (240.101 Volts)
                    Sep-06 1:51:47 PM Sonos Search for ZonePlayer Hovedsoverom complete.
                    Sep-06 1:51:40 PM Sonos SW Version for zoneplayer = Hovedsoverom= 740
                    Sep-06 1:51:40 PM Sonos Error Error in myDeviceFinderCallback_DeviceFound for zoneplayer = Hovedsoverom when getting AudioInputName/LineInConnected with Error = TabletPC inking error code. No default tablet (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040212)
                    Sep-06 1:51:38 PM Sonos ZonePlayer Hovedsoverom with IPAddress = 192.168.1.11 reachable on network. Attempting to reconnect
                    Sep-06 1:51:31 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Hovedsoverom
                    Sep-06 1:51:31 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Hovedsoverom was lost in ContentDirectory.
                    Sep-06 1:51:31 PM Sonos Content Directory Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Hovedsoverom
                    Sep-06 1:51:31 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Hovedsoverom was lost in RenderingControlDied. Attempting to reconnect...
                    Sep-06 1:51:31 PM Sonos Rendering Control Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Hovedsoverom
                    Sep-06 1:51:31 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Hovedsoverom was lost in TransportDied.
                    Sep-06 1:51:31 PM Sonos TransportDied. ZonePlayer - Hovedsoverom
                    Sep-06 1:51:31 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Hovedsoverom was lost in DeviceProperties.
                    Sep-06 1:51:31 PM Sonos Device Property Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Hovedsoverom
                    Sep-06 1:51:31 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Hovedsoverom was lost in AlarmClockDied.
                    Sep-06 1:51:31 PM Sonos AlarmClock Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Hovedsoverom
                    Sep-06 1:51:31 PM Sonos Warning UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Hovedsoverom was lost in AudioInCallBack.
                    Sep-06 1:51:27 PM Sonos Search for ZonePlayer Bad complete.
                    Sep-06 1:51:20 PM Sonos SW Version for zoneplayer = Bad= 740
                    Sep-06 1:51:20 PM Sonos Error Error in myDeviceFinderCallback_DeviceFound for zoneplayer = Bad when getting AudioInputName/LineInConnected with Error = TabletPC inking error code. No default tablet (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040212)
                    Sep-06 1:51:18 PM Sonos ZonePlayer Bad with IPAddress = 192.168.1.19 reachable on network. Attempting to reconnect
                    Sep-06 1:51:11 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Bad
                    Sep-06 1:51:11 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Bad was lost in ContentDirectory.
                    Sep-06 1:51:11 PM Sonos Content Directory Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Bad
                    Sep-06 1:51:11 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Bad was lost in RenderingControlDied. Attempting to reconnect...
                    Sep-06 1:51:11 PM Sonos Rendering Control Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Bad
                    Sep-06 1:51:11 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Bad was lost in TransportDied.
                    Sep-06 1:51:11 PM Sonos TransportDied. ZonePlayer - Bad
                    Sep-06 1:51:10 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Bad
                    Sep-06 1:51:10 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Bad was lost in DeviceProperties.
                    Sep-06 1:51:10 PM Sonos Device Property Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Bad
                    Sep-06 1:51:10 PM Sonos UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Bad was lost in AlarmClockDied.
                    Sep-06 1:51:10 PM Sonos AlarmClock Callback Died. ZonePlayer - Bad
                    Sep-06 1:51:10 PM Sonos Warning UPnP connection to ZonePlayer Bad was lost in AudioInCallBack.
                    Sep-06 1:51:07 PM Sonos Search for ZonePlayer Stue complete.
                    Sep-06 1:51:00 PM Sonos SW Version for zoneplayer = Stue= 740
                    Sep-06 1:50:58 PM Sonos ZonePlayer Stue with IPAddress = 192.168.1.25 reachable on network. Attempting to reconnect

Comment

Originally posted by salvesen View Post
                      After going from linux to win 10 based controller i am facing a lot of errors an messages from Sonos plugin. Can someone please tell me where to start troubleshooting as there are so many messages coming at all times. Here is a small part of the messages in the log:
                      The connection with your players, at least some of them seem to be problematic. Is this PC wireless perhaps or something on your network doesn't seem very stable. Typically I would say, check your firewall and make sure the PI (yes the PI not HS3) has proper allowances.
                      Dirk

Comment

The connection with your players, at least some of them seem to be problematic. Is this PC wireless perhaps or something on your network doesn't seem very stable. Typically I would say, check your firewall and make sure the PI (yes the PI not HS3) has proper allowances.
                        Dirk
                        the computer is connected via cable but speakers are wireless of course.

I can check the firewall settings but it looks to be much more complex than that. Missing folders and such.

Comment

Dirk;

The emails were coming from HomeSeer.

It is no wonder why you are at a loss. It was my fault. When I was helping chuckatwar diagnose the problem where a player string change wasn't triggering an event, I built a test event to email me the string contents of a player device whenever the string changed. The event didn't work with version 3.1.0.18, but I forgot to disable or delete the event.

[ATTACH]60817[/ATTACH]

Since it wasn't working with 3.1.0.18 it never triggered. When I updated to 3.1.0.20 and you had fixed the string change on the device, the event started working. Since I am at the point in my life where I can hide my own Easter eggs, I forgot about the event in the 2 weeks since I built it. The event has been disabled, 3.1.0.20 is back in the system and all is well.

I apologize for the confusion.

LMAO..."hide my own easter eggs" laughing so hard I can hardly type.

Comment

. Missing folders and such.
                            ??? where do you see that?

Maybe the first question I should have asked is indeed how you moved from Linux to Windows. I was assuming a fresh install but perhaps you copied a bunch of stuff and not enough stuff, is that what you are investigating? For the Sonos PI, it is crucial that the HS database and the Sonos .ini file are 100% in-sync. If you suspect they are corrupt, easiest way is to stop HS, delete the Sonos.ini file and restart HS. It will delete all ghost devices from the HS database and start new.... which unfortunately means that you lost all linkgroups, events/actions etc.
                            Depending on which players you have, I noticed that you went from the 3.1.xx version of the PI (only one that runs on Linux & Windows) to the 3.0.xx version (only runs on Windows). The latter is still the official version that is found in the updater under the media section but I haven't made any changes to that version for a long time. Under the beta section in the updater you can find the latest that has proper support for playbars, new S1 etc. so while you're at it, you may want to install that version.

Dirk

Comment

??? where do you see that?

Maybe the first question I should have asked is indeed how you moved from Linux to Windows. I was assuming a fresh install but perhaps you copied a bunch of stuff and not enough stuff, is that what you are investigating? For the Sonos PI, it is crucial that the HS database and the Sonos .ini file are 100% in-sync. If you suspect they are corrupt, easiest way is to stop HS, delete the Sonos.ini file and restart HS. It will delete all ghost devices from the HS database and start new.... which unfortunately means that you lost all linkgroups, events/actions etc.
                              Depending on which players you have, I noticed that you went from the 3.1.xx version of the PI (only one that runs on Linux & Windows) to the 3.0.xx version (only runs on Windows). The latter is still the official version that is found in the updater under the media section but I haven't made any changes to that version for a long time. Under the beta section in the updater you can find the latest that has proper support for playbars, new S1 etc. so while you're at it, you may want to install that version.

Dirk
                              I see it in error messages if i try to play radio or something that did work before.

I did the backup method in homeseer, that creates an zip folder of the system. I did loose a lot of events and stuff because of a mono version on my pi and i think this could also be the issue for the sonos things. But i am not sure.

Is there a "remove" plugin procedure so i can do a fresh install of the plugin? I think this will be the best.

Comment

I see it in error messages if i try to play radio or something that did work before.

I did the backup method in homeseer, that creates an zip folder of the system. I did loose a lot of events and stuff because of a mono version on my pi and i think this could also be the issue for the sonos things. But i am not sure.

Is there a "remove" plugin procedure so i can do a fresh install of the plugin? I think this will be the best.
                                Stop HS, delete the Sonos.ini file from the <hs root>\config directory, restart HS. If you are concerned something didn't get installed properly, go to the updater, select the beta section, download latest Sonos PI. Not that your musicDB and radiostationDB were not compatible between Linux and Windows AND some of the database DLLs are different, so a copy from linux to Windows messed that up, I believe a reinstall using the installer (FROM THE BETA SECTION) will take care of that.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X