Speak through HSTouch or mic over Sonos PI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speak through HSTouch or mic over Sonos PI

I have the Sonos PI setup and working great for TTS announcements. Is there a way to use the HSTouch as a mic and have what is spoken announced over the sonos? I would like to try and avoid having a line in from my pc running HS to a sonos amp/connect and just use the PI.

I think this would be really useful to speak to the kids when they're downstairs and tell them to come up to dinner.

Originally posted by tin_1 View Post
    I have the Sonos PI setup and working great for TTS announcements. Is there a way to use the HSTouch as a mic and have what is spoken announced over the sonos? I would like to try and avoid having a line in from my pc running HS to a sonos amp/connect and just use the PI.

I think this would be really useful to speak to the kids when they're downstairs and tell them to come up to dinner.
    You might be able to script it. This is what you would need:

1/ a program to record your message on the HsTouch device
    2/ an app that copies the .wav or .mp3 file to the HS PC
    3/ an event that plays (see help file how to play .wav or .mp3 files) the file to your linkgroup

Dirk

Comment

So basically SONOS is a music player. If you can save your audio as .mp3, .wav, .aac, etc, and send it to SONOS, it can play it for you.

I was browsing the (iOS) app store and saw an app called 'Sonos Voice' that does just that. Low rating, buyer beware.
      HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Messages thru HSTouch

Here is a simple script that I use to send specific messages to specific speakers.

On my HSTouch screen I have a TextBox and several buttons (Office, Kitchen, Family Room, Basement, ALL)

The idea is to type some custom text into the TextBox and press the appropriate button. The action for the button is to call the script below, passing in txtBoxMessage as parm1 and the button name for the client I want the message to go to as parm2. The script below takes the first parameter and uses that as the message. The second parameter directs the output to the intended speaker.

I suppose the HSTouch screen could have a listbox of common phrases and that would make using this feature even easier.

One nice advantage of this approach, over a microphone, is it works remotely. My wife gets a kick out of it when I say messages to her whilst traveling!

Sub Main(ByVal parms As Object)
        Dim N as integer
        Dim I as integer
        Dim WhichSpkr as string
        Dim SpkrClient as string
        Dim Msg As String
        Msg=""

Msg = parms(0)
        WhichSpkr = parms(1)

if WhichSpkr = "Office" then
        SpkrClient = "$SONOS$Office$DEFAULT$:*"
        elseif WhichSpkr = "Basement" then
        SpkrClient = "$SONOS$Basement$DEFAULT$:*"
        elseif WhichSpkr = "Family Room" then
        SpkrClient = "$SONOS$FamilyRoom$DEFAULT$:*"
        elseif WhichSpkr = "Kitchen" then
        SpkrClient = "$SONOS$Kitchen$DEFAULT$:*"
        elseif WhichSpkr = "Sunroom" then
        SpkrClient = "$SONOS$Sunroom$DEFAULT$:*"
        Elseif WhichSpkr = "All" then
        SpkrClient = "$SONOS$AllOffice$DEFAULT$:*"
        end if

hs.speak (Msg ,TRUE, SpkrClient)

End Sub

Comment

Messages thru HSTouch (addendum)

Now that I have posted this and am looking at the code with fresh eyes I realize the two Dimension lines are unnecessary. Variables I and N are not used.

Comment

Working...
          X