Sonos crashes HSTouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonos crashes HSTouch

I noticed that sometimes the plug-in will attempt to speak through a zone and will cut-off mid speech and the HSTouch plugin will crash, although it isn't trying to speak through any speaker clients (other than the server). I will try to find the most recent log event and post it.
    Last edited by bphillips; October 27, 2015, 01:51 AM. Reason: Wrong post

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    I noticed that sometimes the plug-in will attempt to speak through a zone and will cut-off mid speech and the HSTouch plugin will crash, although it isn't trying to speak through any speaker clients (other than the server). I will try to find the most recent log event and post it.
    Are we talking HS2 or HS3 here? Which version of PI(s) are you running?
    Maybe use the new info capturing capability that the HS team is recommending people to use.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
      Are we talking HS2 or HS3 here? Which version of PI(s) are you running?
      Maybe use the new info capturing capability that the HS team is recommending people to use.

Dirk
      Sorry, I should have included these in the original post.

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.208
      Sonos 3.1.0.4
      HSTouch Server 3.0.0.75
      Windows 7 Pro 32-bit

Also, I have had the Sonos PI disabled for about 2 weeks due to these issues.

I'll try to describe them the best I can, sorry for leaving information out of the OP.

So, originally I had 9 zones. 3 ZP120's, 2 ZP100's, 1 ZP90, 2 Play 5's, 1 Play 3

The two ZP100's have had many many issues since I got them a while back. They would occasionally drop off the network and cause the plug-in to crash and then crash HSTouch. I powered off both ZP100s and have had them offline for about 2-3 months.

After that, one of my ZP120's would overheat frequently and drop off the network, causing the same issue where the plug-in would halt and crash and then HSTouch would crash.

So, I moved it to a cooler location and it works much better.

Now, however, with the 2 ZP100's offline and removed from HomeSeer, I would have errors where the plug-in would attempt to speak to one of my Play speakers (either a 5 or a 3) and would stop mid-speech and crash and so would HSTouch. When I say Crash, I mean that it would actually make HomeSeer unusable aside from automatic events. The web page wouldn't load and HSTouch wouldn't load, and I would get windows errors like "HSPI_Sonos has stopped working" and "HSTouch.exe has stopped working"

This is where my issue lies now. I haven't been able to post anything here for a while due to my busy schedule, but now that I have some down time I will re-enable the plug-in and wait for the errors to come back and give you more details. I will keep the two ZP100's offline until I can hopefully have them RMA'd by Sonos (although that might be a while from now because ZP120's are still super expensive).

Comment

Sorry, I should have included these in the original post.

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.208
        Sonos 3.1.0.4
        HSTouch Server 3.0.0.75
        Windows 7 Pro 32-bit

Also, I have had the Sonos PI disabled for about 2 weeks due to these issues.

I'll try to describe them the best I can, sorry for leaving information out of the OP.

So, originally I had 9 zones. 3 ZP120's, 2 ZP100's, 1 ZP90, 2 Play 5's, 1 Play 3

The two ZP100's have had many many issues since I got them a while back. They would occasionally drop off the network and cause the plug-in to crash and then crash HSTouch. I powered off both ZP100s and have had them offline for about 2-3 months.

After that, one of my ZP120's would overheat frequently and drop off the network, causing the same issue where the plug-in would halt and crash and then HSTouch would crash.

So, I moved it to a cooler location and it works much better.

Now, however, with the 2 ZP100's offline and removed from HomeSeer, I would have errors where the plug-in would attempt to speak to one of my Play speakers (either a 5 or a 3) and would stop mid-speech and crash and so would HSTouch. When I say Crash, I mean that it would actually make HomeSeer unusable aside from automatic events. The web page wouldn't load and HSTouch wouldn't load, and I would get windows errors like "HSPI_Sonos has stopped working" and "HSTouch.exe has stopped working"

This is where my issue lies now. I haven't been able to post anything here for a while due to my busy schedule, but now that I have some down time I will re-enable the plug-in and wait for the errors to come back and give you more details. I will keep the two ZP100's offline until I can hopefully have them RMA'd by Sonos (although that might be a while from now because ZP120's are still super expensive).
        I suspect you started running the version 3.1.0.4 not so long ago, there is a chance that some of the issues were due to this previous version you have been running which was a beta version meant more for the Linux crowd but supposed to work on both Windows and Linux. If the R3.1.0.4 version remains unstable, switch to the latest official version which is in the updater under media PI (and not under beta PIs).

What PC are you running this on and how much memory? In the past HSTouch clients have been notorious for eating memory, Sonos would send a good bit of events to HSTouch (which obviously would update their clients). On the other hand, I know there are users who have a ton of HST clients and I haven't seen too many complains. Your crashes smell a lot like memory/resource hanging issues, do check with Task Manager how healthy the PC actually is over time.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
          I suspect you started running the version 3.1.0.4 not so long ago, there is a chance that some of the issues were due to this previous version you have been running which was a beta version meant more for the Linux crowd but supposed to work on both Windows and Linux. If the R3.1.0.4 version remains unstable, switch to the latest official version which is in the updater under media PI (and not under beta PIs).

What PC are you running this on and how much memory? In the past HSTouch clients have been notorious for eating memory, Sonos would send a good bit of events to HSTouch (which obviously would update their clients). On the other hand, I know there are users who have a ton of HST clients and I haven't seen too many complains. Your crashes smell a lot like memory/resource hanging issues, do check with Task Manager how healthy the PC actually is over time.

Dirk
          The HS3 Server stats are:
          Free / Total Physical Memory: 1.92 GBytes / 3.24 GBytes (59% free)
          Free / Total Virtual Memory: 4.69 GBytes / 6.48 GBytes (72% free)
          However, my HSTouch clients are all iPads and iPhones except for one ELO TouchComputer running Windows XPe with only 512Mb memory, I'm guessing that could be the problem? The other issue with that particular client is that XPe is running off a CF card and it has no hard drive or paging file and is horribly slow, but I got the system for free and in great shape so I figured why not use it for HSTouch. I will try utilizing the 3.1.0.4 plugin again and if the issue comes back, I will turn off that particular HSTouch client and see if that helps. If it doesn't, I will try the official release of the plug-in. Either way I will keep you updated.

Comment

The HS3 Server stats are:

However, my HSTouch clients are all iPads and iPhones except for one ELO TouchComputer running Windows XPe with only 512Mb memory, I'm guessing that could be the problem? The other issue with that particular client is that XPe is running off a CF card and it has no hard drive or paging file and is horribly slow, but I got the system for free and in great shape so I figured why not use it for HSTouch. I will try utilizing the 3.1.0.4 plugin again and if the issue comes back, I will turn off that particular HSTouch client and see if that helps. If it doesn't, I will try the official release of the plug-in. Either way I will keep you updated.
            Keep monitoring resources. In HS3, everything runs as exes by themselves, if multiple part crash, you can bet that the environment is "poisonous"

Dirk

Comment

Sonos TTS crashing HS3 on an HS6 standard server

I thought this may be related. We can always start a new thread if not. I only have one Play 1 in my network.

Current Date/Time: 1/7/2016 10:19:40 AM
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.208
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard - Work Station
              System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 8 Minutes 32 Seconds
              IP Address: 192.168.1.11
              Number of Devices: 184
              Number of Events: 51

Enabled Plug-Ins
              3.0.0.89: HSTouch Server
              3.0.0.11: NetCAM
              1.0.0.2: Restart
              3.0.0.21: Sonos
              3.1.3.2: SqueezeBox
              3.0.1.0: ThinkingCleaner
              3.0.1.54: Z-Wave

When I run a TTS to my Sonos, it works about 50% of the time. The other times, it crashes HS3. Here is the Windows event log entry:

Application: HS3.exe
              Framework Version: v4.0.30319
              Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
              Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
              Stack:
              at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(System.IRuntime MethodInfo, System.Object, System.Object[], System.SignatureStruct ByRef, System.Reflection.MethodAttributes, System.RuntimeType)
              at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(System.IRuntimeM ethodInfo, System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, System.Reflection.MethodAttributes, System.RuntimeType)
              at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(System.Object, System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Object[], System.Globalization.CultureInfo, Boolean)
              at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(System.Object, System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Object[], System.Globalization.CultureInfo)
              at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(System.Object, System.Object[])
              at HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Service.ScsServiceApplication +ServiceObject.InvokeMethod(System.String, System.Object[])
              at HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Service.ScsServiceApplication .Client_MessageReceived(System.Object, HSCF.Communication.Scs.Communication.Messages.MessageEventAr gs)
              at HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Communication.RequestReplyMes senger`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].OnMessageReceived(HSCF.Communication.Scs.Communication.Mess ages.IScsMessage)
              at HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Communication.RequestReplyMes senger`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].IncomingMessageQueue_ProcessItem(System.Object, HSCF.Threading.ProcessQueueItemEventArgs`1<HSCF.Communicatio n.Scs.Communication.Messages.MessageEventArgs>)
              at HSCF.Threading.QueueProcessorThread`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].OnProcessItem(System.__Canon, Int32)
              at HSCF.Threading.QueueProcessorThread`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].DoProcess()
              at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Obj ect)
              at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(System.Object)
              at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWi thGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode, CleanupCode, System.Object)
              at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threadi ng.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
              at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.Execu tionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
              at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.Execu tionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
              at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Comment

Working...
              X