No announcement yet.

Frequent disconnects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirk, enclosed file shows the XXX_MR and XXX_MS exist as child devices for both the Connect and the Play1. These are called MediaRenderer and MediaServer. These seem to be the parts the keepalives are not being recieved for.

Is it possible these child_devices are not sending keepalives by design, but plugin/sdk is expecting keepalives from these children, and hence declaring them dead after a certain timeframe ?

Evja
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by evja78 View Post
      Dirk, enclosed file shows the XXX_MR and XXX_MS exist as child devices for both the Connect and the Play1. These are called MediaRenderer and MediaServer. These seem to be the parts the keepalives are not being recieved for.

Is it possible these child_devices are not sending keepalives by design, but plugin/sdk is expecting keepalives from these children, and hence declaring them dead after a certain timeframe ?

Evja
      Excellent, you know this stuff or you are catching up very quickly.

The problem is exactly that, no keep alive messages for the sub-devices. It made me doubt there for a second, so I checked my set-up and they nicely show up every 15 minutes as they are supposed to. Having that said, I've seen these disconnects in the past myself, but long time ago and I seem to recall them being bugs that I fixed.

So why would the alive messages for the root devices show up properly but not for the sub-devices is beyond me. Can't think of anything that may cause this.

Good news is that is seems to be always the case, so we can experiment. I'm now wondering whether this has something to do with other devices NOT being on your network. I'm thinking, what if the players need to be told to broadcast these and this PI is only asking for zoneplayer devices not root devices. Do you have a regular controller (the old Sonos controller CR100 or CR200) on your network or just app on phones/tablets?

As an experiment, can you do something here. If you go to the updater, in the media section, you can find another of my PIs called MediaController. Can you download it and activate it. Just activate it. It has the same UPNP engine in it, but it does a discovery for all devices rather than just Sonos Player devices. See if that makes a difference. If you don't have any controllers active for long periods on your network, keep a client on a PC running, see if that makes a difference.

Dirk

Comment

Dirk, cathing up where I can

I don't have other Sonos stuff, just the app on a few devices (Ipads, Iphone, Imac). I do have a Synology NAS that has DLNA media serving purposes. My WLAN/Phone router also has a media server build in, but this is disabled, I just checked to be sure. Enclosed is a screenshot from the UPNP table from the Mediacontroller plugin.

Log is showing another drop just now.

Jan-24 7:34:48 PM Sonos Disconnect: Disconnected from ZonePlayer - Living Room

Jan-24 7:34:48 PM Sonos Warning Reachable called for UPnPDevice Living Room which is not reachable anymore and set Off-line

Jan-24 7:34:28 PM Sonos IPAddress for UPnPDevice = Living Room has changed. Old = 192.168.2.65. New =

Jan-24 7:18:40 PM MC FindUPnPDevice - Discovery succeeded: 8 UPnPDevice(s) found.

Jan-24 7:18:04 PM Event Event Trigger "Homeseer Infra Screensaver scherm 2"

Jan-24 7:18:01 PM MC FindUPnPDevice: Attempting to locate all connected. This may take up to 9 seconds.

Jan-24 7:18:01 PM MC InitializeUPnPDevices is creating a new Masterdevices with Ref = 298

Jan-24 7:18:01 PM MC Warning InitializeUPnPDevices is deleting all existing HS devices

Jan-24 7:18:00 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in MediaController

Jan-24 7:18:00 PM MC Media Controller Plugin Initialized

Jan-24 7:18:00 PM MC InitIO Called for Instance =

Jan-24 7:18:00 PM MC InitIO for Instance = found this plugin running on Linux = False

Jan-24 7:18:00 PM MC InitIO Called for Instance = and running on OS = Win32NT

Jan-24 7:18:00 PM MC InitIO for Instance = found HS running on Linux = False

Jan-24 7:18:00 PM MC InitIO for Instance = found CurrentAppPath = C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3

Jan-24 7:17:59 PM Info Plugin MediaController has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:56509
        Attached Files

Comment

Would it make sense to delete my players in the PI to get them detected fresh again, or will that make no difference ?

If I do, I will probably have to redo my HSTouch screens to relink them...?

Evja

Comment

Originally posted by evja78 View Post
            Would it make sense to delete my players in the PI to get them detected fresh again, or will that make no difference ?

If I do, I will probably have to redo my HSTouch screens to relink them...?

Evja
            wouldn't make any difference. The UPNP part is 100% separate from the PI. Long time ago, due to bug(s), the subdevices (xx_MR and xx_MS) would show up as players, but you don't have that.
            I'm re-looking at your trace studying who is sending M-Search discovery broadcasts and compare with what I see on my network. I just saw one coming from @ 192.168.2.10 what is this device?

Leave the mediacontroller PI running, I want to see if it has a longer term difference. I also know that my windows media player is always running in the background on the PC I use, I didn't see any activity in your log, also something to try.

Dirk

Comment

192.168.2.10 is the homeseer server. This is a Win10 enterprise box running homeseer Pro v3.0.0.208. Sonos PI version is 3.1.0.11

I'll leave the MediaControl on for now. It shows only one player in the player table, which is the Diskstation.

Let me know if there is any more info I can provide for now.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                wouldn't make any difference. The UPNP part is 100% separate from the PI. Long time ago, due to bug(s), the subdevices (xx_MR and xx_MS) would show up as players, but you don't have that.
                I'm re-looking at your trace studying who is sending M-Search discovery broadcasts and compare with what I see on my network. I just saw one coming from @ 192.168.2.10 what is this device?

Leave the mediacontroller PI running, I want to see if it has a longer term difference. I also know that my windows media player is always running in the background on the PC I use, I didn't see any activity in your log, also something to try.

Dirk
                If the players keep disconnecting, I would like you to take a trace but this time with the mediacontroller PI all the way from start-up to let's say a 2 hour run.

So you would start by turning debug on, superdebug off, UPNP level = verbose, disk-logging on. Then stop the PI (or HS) and restart it and let it run for 2 hours. Check the Sonos PI and make sure it disconnected. Turn disk logging off, zip and post the log. The log now will be at <hs root>\html\MediaController\Logs\MediaControllerDebuglog.txt

Dirk

Comment

Still seeing the disconnects. So steps taken now:
                  Disabled Sonos PI
                  Enabled Debug logging, log to disk and verbose UPNP in the MC PI.
                  Disabled MC plugin and re-enabled it.
                  Log starts to populate with UPNP messages.

I'll post the debug log in 2 hrs.

Cheers, Evja

Comment

Dirk, about 2 hours of DebugLogging from the MC PI enclosed in the ZIP.

Happy hunting

Evja
                    Attached Files

Comment

I looked at your latest traces some more, there are actually a lot more advertisements missing. I checked the UPNP documentation again and it is very clear that devices MUST advertise all their sub devices and services. Actually both are missing. So I'm a bit out of ideas.

One thing I could think off is that the multicasts for some bizarre reason end up on different networks (your wired versus the SonosNet). So here is what I would like you to do:

1/ disconnect draagbaar
                      2/ disconnect the Sonos Bridge (power down)
                      3/ reset the Living room player which I believe is wired connected.

see if you still have the same problem of disconnects every hour.

I believe you said you had the firewall disabled, right? Maybe try again, disable it , restart the PI, perhaps restart a player see if it makes a difference. Over the past week, I was working with someone else who had some very bizarre behavior and it turned out that the sonos.exe application was missing from the approved (outgoing) rules on his firewall, after he added it, all worked fine.

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk,

I did not manage to get conistent results after your suggested action above. After some serious googling I found another avenue worth exploring. Due to your pointer about possible mixups between fixed and SonusNet.
                        I figured out that my Netgear Gigabit switches are not fully transparant to the Spanning Tree Protocol packets used by Sonos to avoid loops in the network between the wired and wireless devices in the mesh network. I then ended up rebuilding my Sonos network in order to avoid going through the Netgear switches. This was looking promising but unfortunately the error cropped up again. I got so fed up I completely removed all of my Sonos config, and the plugin side from Homeseer and started building things up from scratch.
                        In the end everything is working fine now after the rebuild, using your normal PI version from the updated !! So happy camper now .

I did come across some interesting stuff to further troubleshoot Sonos stuff.
                        http://SonosIP:1400/support/review will show a lot of details, including a network matrix with signal strengths etc. Source is this interesting link https://bsteiner.info/articles/hidden-sonos-interface.

Anyway, all seems good now, so thanks for your support !

Evja

Comment

Working...
                        X