Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to NOT ungroup/regroup players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to NOT ungroup/regroup players?

Hi -

I'm running PI v3.0.0.21 on HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.208 (Windows).

I have two Sonos players in the house, and I leave them grouped together 100% of the time. I use HS3 to play my TTS announcements though the Sonos PI (via both players, of course.)

For the most part this works well, but sometimes the players don't get regrouped after an announcement. I then have to open the app and regroup them manually. It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice if it didn't happen.

Is there anyway to leave them grouped, and not go through the ungroup/regroup process?

thanks
    matt

Originally posted by matt91 View Post
    Hi -

I'm running PI v3.0.0.21 on HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.208 (Windows).

I have two Sonos players in the house, and I leave them grouped together 100% of the time. I use HS3 to play my TTS announcements though the Sonos PI (via both players, of course.)

For the most part this works well, but sometimes the players don't get regrouped after an announcement. I then have to open the app and regroup them manually. It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice if it didn't happen.

Is there anyway to leave them grouped, and not go through the ungroup/regroup process?

thanks
    matt
    Actually it shouldn't so I suspect an issue with concurrent events, meaning there is a TTS in progress and something else is being done (like another TTS or some other event).

Would you mind post/describe ALL Sonos events you have created and how they are triggered? If you use scripts or other PIs to generate announcement, please describe what they are and how you set them up.

Dirk

Comment

Hi -

I have just a few announcements, none of which are launched in a very elegant manner. I do think that my issue is most likely to occur during the morning "get the kids ready for school" announcements. Interleaved during this time the weather plays (from weatherXML PI). I don't believe that I do have any announcements that are actually launched from another PI.

Last edited by matt91; March 12, 2016, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Hi -

I have just a few announcements, none of which are launched in a very elegant manner. I do think that my issue is most likely to occur during the morning "get the kids ready for school" announcements. Interleaved during this time the weather plays (from weatherXML PI). I don't believe that I do have any announcements that are actually launched from another PI.

How does your linkgroup table look like. Nothing wrong with how you created the events. How is the Weather PI configured?

Dirk

Comment

Here are the linkgroup table and weatherXML speak setup.

thanks again for the help.

Comment

Here are the linkgroup table and weatherXML speak setup.

thanks again for the help.

Do you use the emergency linkgroup often? It that runs concurrent with "Speak" linkgroup on the same players, that could cause problems.

Dirk

Comment

No, in fact I don't think I even have that specified anywhere currently. I could delete it.

Comment

No, in fact I don't think I even have that specified anywhere currently. I could delete it.
                No need to delete if you don't use it.

So what you could do is turn the PI's debug flag on. Once you realized it happened, turn debug off and zip the log and post or email it to me.

Dirk

Comment

I'm a little embarrassed to say that I'm not sure how to export and zip the log file.

Is there a procedure to export it to a text file?

(I did search for this online, but didn't get anything that seemed helpful.)

thanks

Comment

I'm a little embarrassed to say that I'm not sure how to export and zip the log file.

Is there a procedure to export it to a text file?

(I did search for this online, but didn't get anything that seemed helpful.)

thanks
                    stop HS3 and just zip the latest HomeSeerData.hsd file which is in <hs root>\Data

Comment

Working...
                    X