Sonos TTS on RPi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, I missed that you posted those.

Hopefully it will work once you install flite. It certainly won't work without it, assuming the default 'speak_to_file.sh' as shown above.

Comment

Thanks. I'll give it a try this evening and let you know how it works out.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_76302.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1281786
        Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

I think you need flite
        sudo apt-get -y install flite and it looks like flite was already there.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
          It should find it.

One of the files provided in the HS3 install is 'speak_to_file.sh', in the root install folder. This acts as a 'hook' to a text-to-speech application. The default contents is

Code:
          #!/bin/sh
          flite -o "$1" -t "$2"
          Which passes the text string provided by HS3 to the flite application.
          I've tried to examine the contents of 'speak_to_file.sh' and it's not letting me into the root directory (I've used putty in the past so I just installed it on the pi but can't recall how to use it yet).

Anyway if you could let me know the commands to find and view 'speak_to_file.sh' it would be appreciated. As you can see i'm stumbling around the cli.

Thanks

Name:	IMG_1295.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1281793

Comment

You are in the root directory. the install folder means the HS3 folder. that will be /usr/local/HomeSeer for a default install
            HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
            Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
            Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

You don't need to get into the /root directory - that is the root (superuser) user's home directory and there is nothing of interest there.

What I meant by 'root install folder' is the base directory of the HS3 application installation - this is usually /opt/HomeSeer or /usr/local/HomeSeer, depending on which instructions you followed when you installed it.

So try, in turn

Code:
              cd /opt/HomeSeer
              if that doesn't work,

Code:
              cd /usr/local/HomeSeer
              If that still doesn't work we can try some other things.

Once you find it,

Code:
              more speak_to_file.sh
              to display contents of that file

Comment

Seems to match your example see below. Also here is what my speaker clients looks like. Is this correct?

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-02 at 7.52.36 PM.png
Views:	55
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	1281823
                Attached Files

Comment

all looks good maybe time to take a log. If you go to the PI's config page, turn debug on (ONLY debug), do your event, post the log here. Are there errors in the log file?
                  You can also check in <hsroot>\html\Sonos\Announcements directory and check if you find any .wav files there. It should be something like Ann_TTS_0.wav.
                  Also check your sonos app when the event is running, do you see a track been put in the queue? An error perhaps? Seem to recall that all the linking works, just no announcement, correct? How do you start HS on this rPi? Do you use the ./go command? Does it run with right privileges (SUDO)?

Comment

Also just noticed that you have the volume set to 5, so there is a good chance it is too quiet. Set it to 50.

Comment

all looks good maybe time to take a log. If you go to the PI's config page, turn debug on (ONLY debug), do your event, post the log here. Are there errors in the log file?
                      You can also check in <hsroot>\html\Sonos\Announcements directory and check if you find any .wav files there. It should be something like Ann_TTS_0.wav.
                      Also check your sonos app when the event is running, do you see a track been put in the queue? An error perhaps? Seem to recall that all the linking works, just no announcement, correct? How do you start HS on this rPi? Do you use the ./go command? Does it run with right privileges.(SUDO)?

Also just noticed that you have the volume set to 5, so there is a good chance it is too quiet. Set it to 50.
                      ok I'll take a log and the Sonos queue in the morning( I'm on Eastern Time). I changed the volume to 50 but no change. If music is playing on the Sonos it is not interrupted at all when the speak event runs.

As for how I start HS, I don't know. I'm just using the image (with OS) that HS3 Rpi comes with which just launches HS3 on boot up. I'm using the off the shelf image with off the shelf plugins. Where do I look to check?

Actually speaking of permissions.. I'm having com port problems with this image too.. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/se...g-after-reboot

Comment

Originally posted by ve3bwp View Post

ok I'll take a log and the Sonos queue in the morning( I'm on Eastern Time). I changed the volume to 50 but no change. If music is playing on the Sonos it is not interrupted at all when the speak event runs.

As for how I start HS, I don't know. I'm just using the image (with OS) that HS3 Rpi comes with which just launches HS3 on boot up. I'm using the off the shelf image with off the shelf plugins. Where do I look to check?

Actually speaking of permissions.. I'm having com port problems with this image too.. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/se...g-after-reboot
                        My bad, I thought I had read in your first post that the players link, but reading it again, you might have not been talking about linking when you run the announcement. I believe absolutely nothing is happening, so your problem is a bit more fundamental. You didn't turn off the proxy flag by any chance did you?
                        You may need not just take a debug log when you issue the announcement event but also from the start-up of the PI. You didn't by any chance delete the Sonos devices manually from the HS devices management page?

Comment

"You didn't turn off the proxy flag by any chance did you?" Nope. Left it as default. See attached screen grab of the settings.

"You didn't by any chance delete the Sonos devices manually from the HS devices management page?" Nope. Left everything alone to default as it appeared after the installation of the plugin. Multiple players show up and when I hit play on any of them all speakers play what's listed in the Queue. See attached screen grabs of the Device management list..

"You may need not just take a debug log when you issue the announcement event but also from the start-up of the PI" Ok will do that now. I'll be back with that shortly.

Thanks

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 12.43.10 PM.png
Views:	63
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	1281976Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 1.01.48 PM.png
Views:	57
Size:	400.2 KB
ID:	1281979Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 1.02.34 PM.png
Views:	50
Size:	418.1 KB
ID:	1281980Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 1.02.46 PM.png
Views:	50
Size:	415.0 KB
ID:	1281978Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 1.03.08 PM.png
Views:	47
Size:	423.8 KB
ID:	1281977

Comment

All looks perfect, guess you need to make that debug log file

Comment

Also check your sonos app when the event is running, do you see a track been put in the queue? An error perhaps? Seem to recall that all the linking works, just no announcement, correct? How do you start HS on this rPi? Do you use the ./go command? Does it run with right privileges (SUDO)?
                              Not sure how to navigate to "<hsroot>\html\Sonos\Announcements directory and check if you find any .wav files there. It should be something like Ann_TTS_0.wav."

Name:	IMG_1297.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1281991

'Do you use the ./go command? Does it run with right privileges (SUDO)?[/QUOTE]'. Here are the contents of the 'go' file as it comes with the default HS3 Pi image..

Name:	IMG_1298.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1281992

'Also check your sonos app when the event is running, do you see a track been put in the queue? An error perhaps?' Nothing changes in the Sonos queue when running the MacOS Sonos app. Music plays uninterrupted.

'Seem to recall that all the linking works, just no announcement, correct?' Not sure what you mean by Linking in this context. The linking table I posted earlier?

OK now to do the reboot log now... I'll need to uninstall the DSC plugin again because of the com port conflicts after reboot.

Comment

Not sure how to navigate to "<hsroot>\html\Sonos\Announcements directory
                                The directory is
                                /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/Sonos/Announcements

To view contents
                                Code:
                                ls -l /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/Sonos/Announcements

Comment

Working...
                                X