No announcement yet.

Sonos TTS on RPi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirk, sorry one more question, is there a way to regulate the time after the announcement to when the sonos speakers restart the music? Right now if something is playing on the sonos speakers and an announcement comes through it restarts the music about 4-5 seconds after the announcement ends. Ideally this would be about 1 second.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wdeertz View Post
      Dirk, sorry one more question, is there a way to regulate the time after the announcement to when the sonos speakers restart the music? Right now if something is playing on the sonos speakers and an announcement comes through it restarts the music about 4-5 seconds after the announcement ends. Ideally this would be about 1 second.

Thanks
      it restarts as quick as possible, and time is depending on how many players were participating, what the player was playing (think buffering time), where the content is that is was playing (think network slowness) .........

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
        it restarts as quick as possible, and time is depending on how many players were participating, what the player was playing (think buffering time), where the content is that is was playing (think network slowness) .........
        Ok thanks, understood, I guess the delay is tolerable

Comment

I'm in the same boat. I'm using HS3 on an Rpi3 B+ and can't get the announcements on my Sonos. I can get the Sonos to play music using the player in the Device List. The speakers all play together which is fine. I created the link table and used it in the speaker client list but no announcements. If I am playing music and trip the event that is supposed to make the announcement the music plays uninterrupted. Did I miss something? Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 7.47.47 PM.png
Views:	80
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	1281195Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 7.46.28 PM.png
Views:	70
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	1281196Click image for larger version

Views:	71
ID:	1281198
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ve3bwp View Post
            I'm in the same boat. I'm using HS3 on an Rpi3 B+ and can't get the announcements on my Sonos. I can get the Sonos to play music using the player in the Device List. The speakers all play together which is fine. I created the link table and used it in the speaker client list but no announcements. If I am playing music and trip the event that is supposed to make the announcement the music plays uninterrupted. Did I miss something? Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 7.47.47 PM.png
Views:	80
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	1281195Click image for larger version

Views:	70
ID:	1281196Click image for larger version

Views:	71
ID:	1281198
            check your speak.sh settings and search this forum. Seem to recall not all TTS program choices work because they need to support speech-to-file!

Comment

check your speak.sh settings and search this forum. Seem to recall not all TTS program choices work because they need to support speech-to-file!
              I think you need flite

Comment

Correction your speak_to_file.sh file. See a few posting back for other links !!

Comment

Correction your speak_to_file.sh file. See a few posting back for other links !!
                  Current Date/Time: 2/1/2019 12:01:55 PM

Sorry I'm going to need a bit of hand holding here as I'm still far from proficient on linux CLI.

Can you explain a bit further and walk me through the commands?

HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.475
                  Linux version: Linux HS3Pi3v5 4.14.69-v7+ #1141 SMP Mon Sep 10 15:26:29 BST 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 1 Day 17 Hours 24 Minutes 52 Seconds
                  IP Address: 192.168.86.190
                  Number of Devices: 169
                  Number of Events: 19
                  Available Threads: 393
                  HSTouch Enabled: True
                  Event Threads: 0
                  Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                  Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                  Device Exec Queue: 0
                  HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                  Email Send Queue: 0
                  Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
                  3.0.0.56: DSC Security
                  3.0.7.1: Insteon
                  3.1.0.26: Sonos

Comment

I think you need flite
                    What is flite and how do I install it? I see references to it when I search and someone mentions installing it using Homeseer but I can't find it and any of the plugin categories. I would have thought it would be in Media or in a speech category but none pulls up for HS3/Rpi2. I found this on Google but it's not enough for me to install it with confidence that I won;t break my HS3 image. https://learn.adafruit.com/speech-sy...k-easier-flite

I've also searched for info 'speak_to_file.sh' file instructions but no luck.

I've searched and read threads for the last few hours but have hit a dead end getting instructions on how to get HS3 Rpi announcements working through the Sonos plugin. Help!

Comment

filte isn't part of HomeSeer. It's available as am add on package to the Raspbian Linux OS.

To install, run this Linux command.

Code:
                      sudo apt-get -y install flite
                      For a more advanced text-to-voice experience, check out PollyC.

Comment

Thanks for this. I'll start with flite for now. Does anything need to be done after I install it or will HS3 just find it?

Comment

It should find it.

One of the files provided in the HS3 install is 'speak_to_file.sh', in the root install folder. This acts as a 'hook' to a text-to-speech application. The default contents is

Code:
                          #!/bin/sh
                          flite -o "$1" -t "$2"
                          Which passes the text string provided by HS3 to the flite application.

Comment

Do I have to do anything to get the output to the Sonos plugin?

Comment

You need to set the speaker client, as detailed in the Sonos plugin help documentation.

Generally, this entails setting up a 'Linkgroup' on the page Plugins->Sonos->Config, then setting the speaker client in the event action to reference the linkgroup. For example, I have linkgroup 'LVR" defined for my living room CONNECT. The event action shown sends the speech to that. Click image for larger version

Name:	speak action.PNG
Views:	85
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	1281585

Comment

You'll see from my screen captures above I've already set up the link group and added it to the speaker client list. So installing flite should make this work then?

Comment

Working...
                                X