Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with TTS - Wrong path for creating announcements

Hi there,

I'm trying to get TTS to Sonos to work. Through speaker client it works but not to Sonos. I have enabled debugging and think I have seen the root cause but not aware how to fix it.

DoCheckAnnouncementQueue adds file = C:\Windows\system32\html/Sonos/Announcements/Ann_ALL_0 to Queue

It is using not the correct path. It is using the system32 directory instead of the Homeseer install directory.

Originally posted by olof View Post
    Hi there,

I'm trying to get TTS to Sonos to work. Through speaker client it works but not to Sonos. I have enabled debugging and think I have seen the root cause but not aware how to fix it.

DoCheckAnnouncementQueue adds file = C:\Windows\system32\html/Sonos/Announcements/Ann_ALL_0 to Queue

It is using not the correct path. It is using the system32 directory instead of the Homeseer install directory.
    Interesting. I get the HomeSeer directory path from HS itself. Is this HS2 or HS3? Anything peculiar that you did with the install of HS? Which OS version? VMs?

Dirk

Comment

Windows 10 pro x64, no VM, HS3 newest versions. It has worked before a few weeks but with lots of issues in terms of stability. Maybe because of trying all kinds of things it is broken. Where is it getting this path from

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by olof View Post
        Windows 10 pro x64, no VM, HS3 newest versions. It has worked before a few weeks but with lots of issues in terms of stability. Maybe because of trying all kinds of things it is broken. Where is it getting this path from

I stand corrected. I get the IP address from HS but the path comes from a .NET call Environment.CurrentDirectory (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...v=vs.110).aspx)
        If you turn the debug on and you restart the PI (or HS) you can see a log entry of what value .NET returned.

Did you create path entries perhaps and start HS not from its own directory? Use .bat files to start HS?

Dirk

Comment

I used task scheduler to start hs3 that was causing the issue. I fixed it by using start in function at the scheduler in actions and added the directory. Thanks for the support and technical details. That helped to fix it easy

Comment

Trouble adding Sonos as a new speaker client...

All,

I have been reading over these posts and as a newbie, I am stuck on trying to add my Sonos Linkgroups as a new Speaker Client available for me to choose from. The only one I have as an option, is the default client server (default).

Your guidance is much appreciated.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by steevireno View Post
              All,

I have been reading over these posts and as a newbie, I am stuck on trying to add my Sonos Linkgroups as a new Speaker Client available for me to choose from. The only one I have as an option, is the default client server (default).

Your guidance is much appreciated.

Steve
              Did you read the help file (tools -> help -> sonos). You really don't need to worry about which client to choose, just add the prefix and that's it. As it appears, in HS3 the text-to-speech-to-file actually is not using a speaker client anymore so just leave blank.

Dirk

Comment

I did not see that help file. I will review that and let you know my findings.

Thanks!

Steve

Comment

So I read through the help file (thank you!) and made some headway. However, I am not getting any audio to play, so something is still missing somewhere. See Attached screenshots (Note, for simplicity, I have this as a basic manual trigger for testing).

Thoughts?
                  Attached Files

Comment

So I read through the help file (thank you!) and made some headway. However, I am not getting any audio to play, so something is still missing somewhere. See Attached screenshots (Note, for simplicity, I have this as a basic manual trigger for testing).

Thoughts?
                    The action should be "Speak" not "play an audio File".

The help file shows you how to play a file by just writing the whole file+path in the speak field, it also shows how you can combine multiple file|speak|file actions.

Dirk

Comment

But I don't want TTS - I want an audio file to be played instead (bell chime).

Comment

But I don't want TTS - I want an audio file to be played instead (bell chime).
                        "The help file shows you how to play a file by just writing the whole file+path in the speak field"

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out - I missed it... All is working now! Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                          X