Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TTS to Sonos

Hi everyone..
    I am trying to get Action "Speak something" output to my Sonos. I have only one speaker and from what I have seen here I think I have everything setup correctly but I can't get sound out of Sonos speaker.
    It works fine with my Android phone. SONOS plugin is working.

When I trigger event it will stop whatever is playing on SONOS but I can't hear any TTS.

It will even change the track name to Homeseer announcment.
    I might be missing something. I will attach few screenshots with configuration.

Can you help me figure out what I am doing wrong. I have HS3 on windows 10 machine with running speaker.exe
    Attached Files

Ughh.. I guess I am in wrong section with windows machine.. Admin please move it to correct forum section.

Comment

What version of the Sonos plugin are you running? You need to get the one from the Beta section of the updater, which currently is 3.1.0.16.

Comment

I am running v. 3.0.0.21 I will try beta version to see if that helps.. Thanks

Comment

OK.. So I just updated plugin to latest beta version and there is no change. :-(
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
            What version of the Sonos plugin are you running? You need to get the one from the Beta section of the updater, which currently is 3.1.0.16.
            It should work with either version but probably better to go with the latest.
            All looks good, do you see an error popping up on your Sonos controller when you activate the event?

Go to the <hs root>\html\Sonos\Announcements and check for file announcement_test_0.wav (or something to that effect). What files do you see in that subdirectory? If you see .wav files, can you play them with windows media player? Do they play correct?

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk, no Announcements directory.. Only bin and Help under Sonos Directory
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Charles_cz View Post
                Hi Dirk, no Announcements directory.. Only bin and Help under Sonos Directory
                Ok that makes no sense, 3 directories missing. Check your log file, do you see errors when the Sonos PI starts-up? Just restart HS and check your log for errors or see if the PI created the missing directories after the restart.

Dirk

Comment

OK... Dirk, I got it working.

Indeed after re-start new folder appeared. Most importantly in task scheduler I included homeseer but not speaker.exe I thought it would start automatically with homeseer and apparently that is not case..

Thank you for your help! I appreciate that.

Comment

There is a checkbox in setup that determines whether speaker.exe is loaded or not at startup.
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                    X